Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pennsylvania v. Virginia
Pennsylvania 51 46.36%
Virginia 59 53.64%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2020, 01:27 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,910,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhomecity View Post
You speak without facts. I speak facts.
I've spoken with several facts but you simply disregard them because you're only concerned with winning a C-D poll. You've also spoken disingenuously regarding what folks in NoVA have or haven't said about their state and what VA actually has in comparison to PA, but of course that doesn't matter to you because a victory for your state in this thread apparently serves as some sort of personal validation or milestone for you. If it's only about "So much winning, we're sick of winning!" for you, then I don't know what to say to that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2020, 02:14 PM

2,539 posts, read 2,311,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I've spoken with several facts but you simply disregard them because you're only concerned with winning a C-D poll. You've also spoken disingenuously regarding what folks in NoVA have or haven't said about their state and what VA actually has in comparison to PA, but of course that doesn't matter to you because a victory for your state in this thread apparently serves as some sort of personal validation or milestone for you. If it's only about "So much winning, we're sick of winning!" for you, then I don't know what to say to that.
So much emotion. No quantitative facts on any level. You ignore everything I state which is a fact.

Pennsylvania has a larger GDP.

Pennsylvania has two major cities. Virginia has none.

Pennsylvania has the third best business school in the world.

Fact. Pennsylvania economic growth exceeds Virginia. Largely because Virginia has no major city within its boundary!

Fact. Pennsylvania has two four seasons. TWO. And one of them is the tallest hotel in all of North America. Fact Virginia does not even have a skyscraper. FACT

Fact. Virginia has no professional sports team and is the largest state in the USA without one. Pennsylvania has over 7. There is no comparison. This is all FACT.

Pennsylvania and Virginia GDP per capita is only 1k of one another.

Rural Virginia is more poor than rural Pennsylvania. FACT

These are all facts and I can keep going. Facts

Also the history of Richmond is disturbing. I am not sure how anyone could be proud of that.

Last edited by rowhomecity; 03-01-2020 at 02:33 PM..

Old 03-01-2020, 03:00 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhomecity View Post
So much emotion. No quantitative facts on any level. You ignore everything I state which is a fact.

Pennsylvania has a larger GDP.

Pennsylvania has two major cities. Virginia has none.

Pennsylvania has the third best business school in the world.

Fact. Pennsylvania economic growth exceeds Virginia. Largely because Virginia has no major city within its boundary!

Fact. Pennsylvania has two four seasons. TWO. And one of them is the tallest hotel in all of North America. Fact Virginia does not even have a skyscraper. FACT

Fact. Virginia has no professional sports team and is the largest state in the USA without one. Pennsylvania has over 7. There is no comparison. This is all FACT.

Pennsylvania and Virginia GDP per capita is only 1k of one another.

Rural Virginia is more poor than rural Pennsylvania. FACT

These are all facts and I can keep going. Facts

Also the history of Richmond is disturbing. I am not sure how anyone could be proud of that.
Ok I was just kidding before but do you really have reading comprehension issues?

This is the last time I'm going to say this. My issue is not about which state actually wins according to the criteria. PA has several advantages over VA, which you have pointed out and I have never denied. My issue in this thread has always been the convoluted logic employed to discredit VA's advantages and the disingenuousness folks have engaged in when it came to what VA posters were actually saying or not saying in arguing for or defending their state.

No please stop with the immature deflections as I have never taken an actual side with respect to the thread topic.

Old 03-02-2020, 09:52 AM

2,323 posts, read 1,559,639 times
I like VA and PA but seeing that PA doesn't have a senate bill 657 promoting gender fraud gives PA the edge. Things like that can affect a state's QOL (call me whatever you want but there is no benefit to thinking like Malik Yoba).

Old 03-02-2020, 10:10 AM

1,022 posts, read 910,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
I like VA and PA but seeing that PA doesn't have a senate bill 657 promoting gender fraud gives PA the edge. Things like that can affect a state's QOL (call me whatever you want but there is no benefit to thinking like Malik Yoba).
The bill allows for transgender individuals to have their birth certificate to reflect their change of sex. How is this a quality of life issue for someone who isn't transgender?

Old 03-02-2020, 10:17 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,338,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpier015 View Post
The bill allows for transgender individuals to have their birth certificate to reflect their change of sex. How is this a quality of life issue for someone who isn't transgender?
Because conservatives like to play the victim card whenever possible because they're literally never a victim and view other people being treated as a human as an attack on their superiority complex.

Old 03-02-2020, 10:21 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,732,946 times
For what it's worth, I can drive 80 MPH on a Pennsylvania Interstate without getting my license suspended.

Old 03-02-2020, 10:24 AM

1,022 posts, read 910,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
For what it's worth, I can drive 80 MPH on a Pennsylvania Interstate without getting my license suspended.
Come July, you can finally say the same about Virginia

Old 03-02-2020, 10:27 AM

8,496 posts, read 4,555,950 times
Virginia looks to the future while Pennsylvania desperately clings to the past.

Old 03-02-2020, 10:29 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,732,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpier015 View Post
Come July, you can finally say the same about Virginia
Well that's a step in the right direction at least, but speed enforcement in general is still lax in Pennsylvania compared to Virginia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City