Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which City wins?
Cleveland 46 44.66%
Calgary 57 55.34%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2021, 09:46 PM

659 posts, read 363,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
Is Cleveland's weather that much better? Calgary gets a lot more sunny days.
Calgary has better summers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2021, 01:56 AM

996 posts, read 792,013 times
Who cares.... this seems like a troll thread (kind of like the Cleveland vs. Montreal one from 5-6 months ago).

Lol, funny a mod locked up a thread a couple weeks ago where I put out factual numbers on how each Midwest "city" voted at the MSA level in the 2020 election, saying too many threads on that topic (even though that was actually the only one on it post election).... but yet, these "name some random city" vs. Cleveland pop up all the time and its cool, smh.

Old 01-23-2021, 05:43 AM

4,209 posts, read 4,767,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandBrown View Post
Who cares.... this seems like a troll thread (kind of like the Cleveland vs. Montreal one from 5-6 months ago).

Lol, funny a mod locked up a thread a couple weeks ago where I put out factual numbers on how each Midwest "city" voted at the MSA level in the 2020 election, saying too many threads on that topic (even though that was actually the only one on it post election).... but yet, these "name some random city" vs. Cleveland pop up all the time and its cool, smh.
Calm down a bit. I wouldn't compare these two cities if I thought one would be washed. Cleveland has heavy rail, a strong historic urban core, and a lake waterfront.

Last edited by demonta4; 01-23-2021 at 05:59 AM..

Old 01-23-2021, 07:48 AM

468 posts, read 361,516 times
Cleveland for me as well. It's debatable at best if Calgary has better summers. I personally would prefer the "Great Lakes grey" and the little bit extra temperature those clouds trap vs. the unabated arctic air that blows across the Canadian plains. Also prefer Clevelands history and it's access to many other places.

Old 01-23-2021, 07:50 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,932,818 times
I really love Canadian cities; not sure what it is about them, but I have had such a great time every time I've visited, so Calgary gets my vote on this one.

Old 01-23-2021, 11:42 AM

1,811 posts, read 2,246,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landolakes90 View Post
Cleveland for me as well. It's debatable at best if Calgary has better summers. I personally would prefer the "Great Lakes grey" and the little bit extra temperature those clouds trap vs. the unabated arctic air that blows across the Canadian plains. Also prefer Clevelands history and it's access to many other places.
Calgary summers can be nice, but the lows are too cold for me, plus I love the humidity of Great Lakes summers.

Old 01-26-2021, 08:12 AM

10,136 posts, read 14,560,714 times
-Economy: Calgary
-Education: Calgary
-Transit/Traffic: Calgary
-Urban Liveliness: Calgary
-Suburbs: Calgary
-Diversity: Calgary
-Recreational Activities: Calgary

Calgary wins this in a landslide.

Cleveland has a bit "better weather" although that is debatable due to the grey, cloudy, windy winters with lake effect snow.

Calgary is just a very nice growing Canadian city in a beautiful location.

Cleveland has seen better days.

Old 01-26-2021, 10:46 AM

824 posts, read 719,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
-Economy: Calgary
-Education: Calgary
-Transit/Traffic: Calgary
-Urban Liveliness: Calgary
-Suburbs: Calgary
-Diversity: Calgary
-Recreational Activities: Calgary

Calgary wins this in a landslide.

Cleveland has a bit "better weather" although that is debatable due to the grey, cloudy, windy winters with lake effect snow.

Calgary is just a very nice growing Canadian city in a beautiful location.

Cleveland has seen better days.
Which suburbs of Calgary are comparable to places like Cleveland Heights or Lakewood? Honestly most of Calgary’s suburbs are pretty bland. Also recreational activities? Cleveland destroys Calgary when it comes to that, many more good museums, National Park right next to the city limits, the lake, etc, etc. Though the mountains are relatively close by in Calgary, so there is a point to be made with that, but overall, looking at what is directly in the metro, I think this goes to Cleveland easily.

I think Calgary overall wins this, but those two categories in particular, I think Cleveland beats Calgary and it’s not particular close.

Old 01-26-2021, 01:42 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,767,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeasterner1970 View Post
Which suburbs of Calgary are comparable to places like Cleveland Heights or Lakewood? Honestly most of Calgary’s suburbs are pretty bland. Also recreational activities? Cleveland destroys Calgary when it comes to that, many more good museums, National Park right next to the city limits, the lake, etc, etc. Though the mountains are relatively close by in Calgary, so there is a point to be made with that, but overall, looking at what is directly in the metro, I think this goes to Cleveland easily.

I think Calgary overall wins this, but those two categories in particular, I think Cleveland beats Calgary and it’s not particular close.
I'd also say Cleveland is more diverse than Calgary.

Old 01-26-2021, 02:17 PM

824 posts, read 719,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
I'd also say Cleveland is more diverse than Calgary.
I think the city limits itself is more racially diverse in Cleveland. However Calgary has a much much higher foreign born population and I would imagine the metro area as a whole is more diverse than Cleveland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City