Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Phoenix, AZ vs. Denver, CO
Phoenix, AZ 72 42.86%
Denver, CO 96 57.14%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2021, 03:21 PM

994 posts, read 970,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
The snow and rain that falls in CO doesn't necessarily belong to CO. Sure, some of it soaks in, but the run-off doesn't stay here. Due to Prior Appropriation doctrine that manages the water in the western US, CA and NV have claim to much of the water that comes out of CO. UT, NM, and AZ, in that order, have access that comes in after the prior three states.

Also, the extremes of torching or freezing are not half a year long in either locale.
AZ summer heat lasts for almost half the year ,4 months is almost half technically . Denver has 5 months where the low temperature is below freezing and considered normal , thus considering freezing, technically .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2021, 05:05 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,633,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popwar View Post
AZ summer heat lasts for almost half the year ,4 months is almost half technically . Denver has 5 months where the low temperature is below freezing and considered normal , thus considering freezing, technically .
There is a 62 day difference between 4 months and 6 months, not peanuts...

Old 07-20-2021, 09:18 PM

4,643 posts, read 3,019,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popwar View Post

But the overnight low is apt to be in the late hours of the night, when most people are asleep.

OTOH, those daytime highs are probably in the mid- or late afternoon, when you're awake
and wanting to do things.

Even though I don't like snow and cold, I'd choose Denver over Phoenix.

Old 07-21-2021, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
But the overnight low is apt to be in the late hours of the night, when most people are asleep.

OTOH, those daytime highs are probably in the mid- or late afternoon, when you're awake

Actually, morning Low generally occurs 30 to 60 mins after sunrise, and in December, sunrise in Denver is around 7:30 give or take, so morning Low would be between 8 and 8:30, and I guarantee most people are awake and about then

Old 07-21-2021, 09:53 AM

6,083 posts, read 10,716,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Actually, morning Low generally occurs 30 to 60 mins after sunrise, and in December, sunrise in Denver is around 7:30 give or take, so morning Low would be between 8 and 8:30, and I guarantee most people are awake and about then
Clearly it’s going to be cold in the morning in December lol.

Old 07-24-2021, 12:17 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,742,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post

Lets not pretend Denver summers are some walk in the park, it's very frequently in the upper 90s June-August and the sun is intense in Denver as well. I've been there enough to know I'm not heading outside mid-afternoon for a hike on a 95 degree June day. Not only do you deal with months of cold weather but summer is quite hot as well.

I choose Phoenix, have for years and wouldn't live anywhere else.

Old 07-24-2021, 12:20 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,742,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
Clearly it’s going to be cold in the morning in December lol.
And in the case of Denver also October, November, January, February, March, April and sometimes parts of May and September.

Old 07-24-2021, 02:04 PM

111 posts, read 93,661 times
Denver has better weather for sure. But Phoenix does offer more imo and that just comes from the territory of being larger.

Old 07-24-2021, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeternaII View Post
Denver has better weather for sure. But Phoenix does offer more imo and that just comes from the territory of being larger.
I didn't know that Snow in May and September was considered good weather

Old 07-24-2021, 05:27 PM

1,321 posts, read 872,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I didn't know that Snow in May and September was considered good weather
May and September have average daytime highs of 71 and 79, respectively. That sounds pretty nice to me, tbh. By contrast, Phoenix has May/September daytime highs of 95/100.

Also, Denver in September gets an average of 0 cm of snowfall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
View detailed profiles of: