Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Phoenix, AZ vs. Denver, CO
Phoenix, AZ 72 42.86%
Denver, CO 96 57.14%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 11:30 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,749,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
Visited Phoenix a few weeks ago for the first time and it was 115F. For me it was more tolerable than places with higher humidity but I don’t understand how someone living in Phoenix could possibly trash another cities climate lol.
So you visited during the worst time of the year and think it's a bad climate as a result? How about the other 9 months of the year, when it's pretty damn glorious.

So I'll flip it around for Denver.

I visited Denver in January, it was 15 degrees. I don't understand how someone living in Denver can trash other cities climates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2021, 11:41 AM

111 posts, read 93,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I didn't know that Snow in May and September was considered good weather
The summers are far too atrocious.

Old 07-26-2021, 12:14 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,655,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
And what was the valley's population prior to AC? Do you honestly think almost 5 million people would live there right now if they had to go through one of your long, craptastic summers without air conditioning or evaporative cooling? If so, you're delusional.

Places like Phoenix, Las Vegas, and Dallas-Fort Worth would be pissant map dots without AC
Dallas had 400,000 people in 1940, just saying....

Old 07-26-2021, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
And what was the valley's population prior to AC? Do you honestly think almost 5 million people would live there right now if they had to go through one of your long, craptastic summers without air conditioning or evaporative cooling? If so, you're delusional.

Places like Phoenix, Las Vegas, and Dallas-Fort Worth would be pissant map dots without AC
Do you honestly make arguments about what would be if certain things didn't exist? Why, what is the point? What if indoor heating was never invented, would anyone go through a crappy Denver winter if we still had to light a fire to stay warm? What if dinosaurs never went extinct?

You do realize the oldest human civilizations started in warm climates, not cold ones right?

Old 07-26-2021, 02:00 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,724,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
So you visited during the worst time of the year and think it's a bad climate as a result? How about the other 9 months of the year, when it's pretty damn glorious.

So I'll flip it around for Denver.

I visited Denver in January, it was 15 degrees. I don't understand how someone living in Denver can trash other cities climates.
What? We’re going in circles again. The only reason this conversation even keeps happening in this thread is because someone will say they preferred Denver’s climate and Phoenix posters get defensive and try over exaggerating Denver’s climate…As if everyone dislikes colder weather and prefers excessive heat.
Quote:
You adapt when you live in a place long enough.
Quote:
Well, weather taste is subjective.
Okay now why can’t you take that and apply it to Denver? Just like people adapt to and prefer a place like Phoenix, the same could be said for cold weather cities.

Last edited by Mezter; 07-26-2021 at 02:09 PM..

Old 07-26-2021, 02:08 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,655,861 times
Quote:
What? We’re going in circles again. The only reason this conversation even keeps happening in this thread is because someone will say they preferred Denver’s climate and Phoenix posters get defensive and try over exaggerating Denver’s climate…As if everyone dislikes colder weather and prefers excessive heat.

Quote:
Well, weather taste is subjective.
Quote:
You adapt when you live in a place long enough.
Okay now why can’t you take that and apply it to Denver? Just like people adapt to and prefer a place like Phoenix, the same could be said for cold weather cities.
I came from a cold weather city, and hated it. So again, subjective

Old 07-26-2021, 05:08 PM

Quote:
What is defensive about it? I gave the exact same off-season example as the post I responded to. There's been exactly 6 days this summer where the temp was 115 or above in Phoenix. Acting like that's an every day occurrence is an exaggeration about Phoenix. So yes, it will get defended when it's posted in this manner.

Last edited by locolife; 07-26-2021 at 05:21 PM..

Old 07-26-2021, 06:11 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,724,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
What is defensive about it? I gave the exact same off-season example as the post I responded to. There's been exactly 6 days this summer where the temp was 115 or above in Phoenix. Acting like that's an every day occurrence is an exaggeration about Phoenix. So yes, it will get defended when it's posted in this manner.
It's defensive because it's unprovoked. The person who brought up the topic of climate lives in Phoenix and they highlighted that both cities have extremes for half the year (Which isn't necessarily true). Nobody singled Phoenix out until you guys tried to talk down on Denver's morning high temperatures as if that's representative of what it's like throughout the day. My reason for bringing up that it was 115F when I visited wasn't so much to degrade Phoenix or claim it's like that all the time, but to point out that it's clearly not a walk in the park when it comes to weather either.

Old 07-26-2021, 07:22 PM

511 posts, read 402,573 times
Phoenix looks extremely bland with little to no personality in comparison to Denver (all I remember from being there is YELLOW, yellowish environment with same yellow-colored buildings), but it's just closer to nicer vacation spots. I like Denver better as a city; but the location is too landlocked for me.

Old 07-26-2021, 08:48 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,305,295 times
Denver. Alot more to do if you enjoy the outdoors. And the summers are alot more tolerable than PHX.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
View detailed profiles of: