Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 09:55 AM

9,915 posts, read 6,628,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
In all fairness, Dallas has both, lol.

But yeah, when I'm considering a city to move to, I don't think to myself "I wonder which city has the best/most fast food restaurants?"
In N Out is easily better than Whataburger though. While I'm not a fast food kind of guy, I only go to Whataburger if it's really late and that's what my crew wants. I'd gladly skip over 5 whataburgers to get to In N Out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2021, 09:57 AM
Status: "Worship the Earth, Worship Love, not Imaginary Gods" (set 1 day ago)

8,363 posts, read 5,525,023 times
From LA, lived in Dallas for 6 years. Four of those years in Collin County and two years in Southern California were in Garden Grove.

Its really about cost. If your housing budget is better than 1 million, its hard to see why one wouldnt choose parts of LA or Orange County. If its less, you can do a lot better in Collin County or Dallas. Economic opportunity is also a lot better in Dallas and its suburbs if thats a consideration.

All that said, I loved living in Collin County and Dallas. Regardless of what people would say, I had the most eclectic group of friends, found great restaurants, lots of things to do and the like. Is it on LA's level? No, but for dollar for dollar its not that far off either.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:57 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,719,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
In N Out is easily better than Whataburger though. While I'm not a fast food kind of guy, I only go to Whataburger if it's really late and that's what my crew wants. I'd gladly skip over 5 whataburgers to get to In N Out.
I mean, they're both pretty overrated. Once you've tried them for the first time after hearing all of the hype, the novelty is gone.

EDIT: Now if there's any one regional fast food restaurant that I'd glady petition for, it's White Castle. But I can always get my fix when visiting family back in Detroit.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:59 AM

8,607 posts, read 14,908,526 times
LA for literally everything except housing costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
LA wins most of these except for the following.

Suburbs: It depends what you want. More laid back functional suburb, Dallas is it.

Sports teams: LA easily wins overall, but Dallas has the Cowboys who battle with the Patriots for the premier NFL team But even then, LA's new stadium is much nicer so it depends what you're looking for.
You'd think people would eventually lose interest seeing as the Cowboys haven't been relevant for 25 years.

Old 04-16-2021, 10:01 AM

94 posts, read 184,923 times
LA in every way except COL.

Old 04-16-2021, 10:40 AM

5,003 posts, read 5,992,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
I mean, they're both pretty overrated. Once you've tried them for the first time after hearing all of the hype, the novelty is gone.

EDIT: Now if there's any one regional fast food restaurant that I'd glady petition for, it's White Castle. But I can always get my fix when visiting family back in Detroit.
White Castle must be an acquired taste. I only had it once and it was perhaps the least appetizing and worst tasting hamburger that I've ever paid for. I was with a few coworkers, also from California and I don't think any of us ate even half what we ordered. I wanted to shout out to everyone in earshot that "this is not what a hamburger is supposed to taste like!" Lol. Now Coney Island dogs otoh...

This has become a fast food thread, but the OP started it.

Old 04-16-2021, 10:47 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,719,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Easy View Post
White Castle must be an acquired taste. I only had it once and it was perhaps the least appetizing and worst tasting hamburger that I've ever paid for. I was with a few coworkers, also from California and I don't think any of us ate even half what we ordered. I wanted to shout out to everyone in earshot that "this is not what a hamburger is supposed to taste like!" Lol. Now Coney Island dogs otoh...

This has become a fast food thread, but the OP started it.
It is.

Old 04-16-2021, 11:21 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,533,049 times
Considering only the criteria you mentioned, LA wins with the exception of cost of living.

Old 04-16-2021, 11:21 AM

570 posts, read 561,418 times
LA blows out Dallas in every category except col.

Old 04-16-2021, 11:40 AM

4,506 posts, read 4,627,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Easy View Post
In N Out versus Whataburger?

It's not a criterion for me, but I don't think that many places have the number and variety of fast food choices that we have in the LA area. Especially if you lump diners in with fast food.
I don't know if there are any P Terry's Hamburger places in Dallas, but in Austin, P Terry's and In n Out are direct competitilors. Their menus are very similar and they both lack much variety. Both are easy to get burned out on after a few visits. Whataburger has alot of variety and their burgers are made fresh and in my opinion are better than In n Out and P Terry's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City