Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where is homelessness at it's worst?
New York, NY 7 4.40%
Los Angeles, CA 59 37.11%
San Francisco, CA 56 35.22%
Seattle, WA 20 12.58%
Portland, OR 10 6.29%
San Diego, CA 0 0%
Boston, MA 2 1.26%
San Jose, CA 0 0%
Washington DC 0 0%
Las Vegas, NV 1 0.63%
Another city 4 2.52%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2021, 05:40 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,542,189 times

Advertisements

Don’t forget San Diego …and it is worse than Vegas, Portland and Phoenix.

https://lowincomerelief.com/u-s-citi...most-homeless/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.san...rs%3f_amp=true

https://cdn-statcdn-com.cdn.ampproje...rmal/6949.jpeg

QUOTE=BPt111;62468706]1. Las Vegas, LA, San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle, Portland, Phoenix
2. NYC
3. DC/Philly
4. Boston
5. ?[/quote]

Last edited by elchevere; 12-09-2021 at 06:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2021, 05:06 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,738,232 times
I feel as if Philly is really getting shafted in this poll lol. The West Kensington neighborhood is god awful especially at night.

Honorable mention given to Anchorage, AK.

Old 12-15-2021, 05:56 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,511,932 times
It's strange people keep bringing up Philadelphia. I guess that's what we get for having one of the worst reputations. Philadelphia does not have near as many homeless per capita as NYC, Washington DC, or Boston. There aren't many homeless people around at all in Philly. I guess if you are brainwashed by social media and youtube videos that distort reality.
Here is updated Homeless statistics:

https://www.security.org/resources/homeless-statistics/

I invite other posters to use some semblance of data to backup their assertions.

Old 12-15-2021, 11:23 AM

12,159 posts, read 7,989,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
It's strange people keep bringing up Philadelphia. I guess that's what we get for having one of the worst reputations. Philadelphia does not have near as many homeless per capita as NYC, Washington DC, or Boston. There aren't many homeless people around at all in Philly. I guess if you are brainwashed by social media and youtube videos that distort reality.
Here is updated Homeless statistics:

https://www.security.org/resources/homeless-statistics/

I invite other posters to use some semblance of data to backup their assertions.
Or, the Kensington Zombies. WHich a lot of people just assume are homeless people.

Old 12-15-2021, 07:34 PM

2,223 posts, read 1,394,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
I hear the homeless issue in Austin is worse than Boston. I saw few homeless in Vegas the 4 times I’ve been. I saw more in Denver. Boston Philly and DC are equivalent and below the Austin.

Boston Public Schools have about 8-9% of its students homeless though…
Now that camping is banned again I don't think that Austin is even close to the top 5 worst cities here. When homeless were allowed to camp literally anywhere they wanted, they tended to pick spots that were most convenient for panhandling, and that made the homeless problem ridiculously visible. Now that this is no longer the case I don't think that Austin's situation is particularly bad compared to any other US city.

I can't stress enough how idiotic of a policy it is to let the homeless erect tent cities anywhere that they feel like.

Old 12-16-2021, 06:59 AM

21,628 posts, read 12,733,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereiend View Post
Now that camping is banned again I don't think that Austin is even close to the top 5 worst cities here. When homeless were allowed to camp literally anywhere they wanted, they tended to pick spots that were most convenient for panhandling, and that made the homeless problem ridiculously visible. Now that this is no longer the case I don't think that Austin's situation is particularly bad compared to any other US city.

I can't stress enough how idiotic of a policy it is to let the homeless erect tent cities anywhere that they feel like.
All rents are being cleared in Boston by January 12th. They’re erecting basically small mini shelters (basically warm boxes) for people to live in rent free in various locations around Boston. Drugs won’t be banned but they just want to disperse the addict/homeless encampments. https://www.universalhub.com/2021/bo...nts-jan-12-get

So basically fancy, city provided tents. The first one is going up in a park near the old mental health/sever disease/low income hospital set to be torn down soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City