Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which would you rather live in?
Paris 75 56.39%
Chicago 58 43.61%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 07:26 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,292,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasS6 View Post
I don't know. I don't know where Jenny McCarthy or Pete Wentz live either.
So where did you get this list from? FYI, Robin Williams does not live in Chicago. Harrison Ford lives in Cali.

Quote:
I listed many, many more people than you did, just as I listed many international cultural events. Both times you said there were none. You were wrong. Sorry dude, you just continue to look foolish.
And both of your lists well equally accurate. Your list of international EVENTS taking place in Chicago included an AQUARIUM and MUSEUM. Are those in your mind events or institutions? Your list of Chicago celebrities included names of poeple who haven't been to Chicago in over 20 years.

Do you enjoy embarassing yourself in public?

Old 03-16-2009, 07:32 PM

734 posts, read 2,054,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
So where did you get this list from? FYI, Robin Williams does not live in Chicago. Harrison Ford lives in Cali.
Um, they both own homes/condos in Chicago. But surprise! Wealthy people can afford more than one home!

Quote:
And both of your lists well equally accurate. Your list of international EVENTS taking place in Chicago included an AQUARIUM and MUSEUM. Are those in your mind events or institutions? Your list of Chicago celebrities included names of poeple who haven't been to Chicago in over 20 years.

You also asked for cultural places, did you not? Are are you going to go back and edit that out like you did the time you admitted you'd never even been to Chicago?

Old 03-16-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Um, they both own homes/condos in Chicago.
No, they do not. What is your source?

Quote:
You also asked for cultural places, did you not? Are are you going to go back and edit that out like you did the time you admitted you'd never even been to Chicago?
What exactly is a "cultural place"? ROTFL. No. I didn't. I asked for national / international events taking place in Chicago but I am glad you starting to understand the difference between an institution and an event.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:45 PM

I think I'm having too much fun with this to give you a source. I like how you seized upon those two but left the others alone- why would I randomly choose Robin Williams and Harrison Ford, I wonder?

And yes, you did ask for 'cultural events and places', which condenses into 'cultural...places'. You honestly thought Chicago had none and you were thus proven wrong (just as you were with the celebrities). You should at least visit Chicago sometime, guy.

But please, continue you posting, I love it.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
I think I'm having too much fun with this to give you a source. I like how you seized upon those two but left the others alone- why would I randomly choose Robin Williams and Harrison Ford, I wonder?
I am not surprised. There is no source as neither Williams nor Ford own anything in Chicago. You are proved to be incorrect. You are confabulating.

Quote:
And yes, you did ask for 'cultural events and places', which condenses into 'cultural...places'. You honestly thought Chicago had none and you were thus proven wrong (just as you were with the celebrities). You should at least visit Chicago sometime, guy..
No I did not. I specifically asked for a list of international events taking place in the city and you provided a list of local museums and aquqarium (sic!). I could not ask for a list of "cultural places" as I do not even know what a "cultural place" is. There are institutions and events. But " cultural places"? What's that?
The posts are there, scroll and find them.

Anyways, everybody already knows that Chicago is a flyover country with no significant events and is avoided by both media and celebrities like a plague. I am not surprised you could not provide any lists.

You compare Chicago to the City of Light? ROTFL

Enjoy.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:04 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,190,050 times
Paris is a very interesting city, the most fascinating city I've ever seen. If I had the chance to live in Paris, I'd stop posting now and start packing right away.
Chicago is the place I've called home for decades. I think it's a great city.
Even though I'd like to live in Paris doesn't mean I have to dislike Chicago.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:08 PM

Yes, dementor, Ford owns property in Winnetka. Williams? I dunno, I know his kids go to school in San Francisco and his summer base camp is in Chicago

As for your challenge, it's from this thread:
Quote:
Chicago is a dump with no culture. There is no single cultural even or place on nationaon internationla scale. There is no single national / international publication coming out of Chicago. To the world - you do not exist.
You've been proven wrong a LITERALLY every turn but you come back almost every day to get laughed at again and again. And that's not even counting your horrible spelling- I just cut and pasted your text, ya know.

And we cannot forget- the time you were caught lying about having lived in Chicago/visited/never been. Which you constantly ignore. In fact, if you can't come clean about your own lies, I might even have to ignore you. Typical rude, parochial New Yorker! Get out and see the world or at least admit you haven't.
[quote]

Old 03-16-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Yes, dementor, Ford owns property in Winnetka. Williams? I dunno, I know his kids go to school in San Francisco and his summer base camp is in Chicago
Yeah, right. And the Pope has a house in Oak Park. Why don't you post a source of your information?

Quote:
And we cannot forget- the time you were caught lying about having lived in Chicago/visited/never been. Which you constantly ignore. In fact, if you can't come clean about your own lies, I might even have to ignore you. Typical rude, parochial New Yorker! Get out and see the world or at least admit you haven't.
I think you are either delusional or you are mistaking me for someone else. I never lied about any time I spent in Chicago. Why don't you instead focus on your own posts claiming Harrison Ford and Robin Willims are Chicago celebrities w/o being able to provide any supporting documentation. You know very well that they do not. You wished they do but apparently they do not care much for Chicago, like most our celebrities they avoid Chicago like a plague. I am not surprised.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:40 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,630,059 times
Quote:

pot. kettle. black. You of all people should know not to be calling someone else out for "embarassing themselves in public". You are, and have been, the official cartoon punching bag of City Data.

And btw-- you have been demeaning (i.e., dementing) Chicago for the bulk of this thread for not having enough culture. The poster then responds by providing you with a valid list of cultural establishments (if AIC, Field, Shedd, etc.). You then call him out and -- wtf-- question the Shedd Aquarium, for years the world's leading indoor aquarium. You need to turn off the Patch Adams movie and go to your room.

Last edited by BigLake; 03-16-2009 at 08:51 PM..

Old 03-16-2009, 08:47 PM

2,598 posts, read 4,928,606 times
Quote:
Yeah, right. And the Pope has a house in Oak Park. Why don't you post a source of your information?

I think you are either delusional or you are mistaking me for someone else. I never lied about any time I spent in Chicago. Why don't you instead focus on your own posts claiming Harrison Ford and Robin Willims are Chicago celebrities w/o being able to provide any supporting documentation. You know very well that they do not. You wished they do but apparently they do not care much for Chicago, like most our celebrities they avoid Chicago like a plague. I am not surprised.
I'm confused. Have you or have you not spent time in Chicago? Not that it matters, but you've had conflicting stories, so I'm just curious. This is an opportunity for you to clear this up. Also, not sure why it's a big deal about a celebrity owning a home in Chicago, but Vince Vaughan owns two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City