Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city would you rather live in: Geneva, Montevideo, Brisbane, Montreal, or Marsaille??
Geneva 9 37.50%
Montevideo 6 25.00%
Brisbane 6 25.00%
Montreal 10 41.67%
Marsaille 6 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 05:56 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,530,240 times

Advertisements

Geneva no doubt, beautiful city, drive into the alps, close to montreux (my favorite small city ever)... never been to montevideo or brisbane. Montreal would probably be my last choice, not a fan. I speak a little french, but can't understand canadian french at all.
Also the swiss citizenship has its benefits. I dated a girl from Bern once and overall I just love Switzerland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 08:19 PM

2,316 posts, read 7,824,663 times
Wow. I'd take any of those cities. In a heartbeat.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:53 PM

13,356 posts, read 39,983,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
Geneva no doubt, beautiful city, drive into the alps, close to montreux (my favorite small city ever)... never been to montevideo or brisbane. Montreal would probably be my last choice, not a fan. I speak a little french, but can't understand canadian french at all.
Also the swiss citizenship has its benefits. I dated a girl from Bern once and overall I just love Switzerland.
Technically, Geneva is surrounded by the Jura, not the Alps. But it is a short drive from the Alps including several famous ski resorts, both in France and in Switzerland (Geneva is surrounded by France).

Geneva is truly a beautiful city, and it oozes money. Lake Geneva is Western Europe's deepest lake and is surrounded by gorgeous villages and fantastic chateaux. The French resort town of Evian is on Lake Geneva. The Rhone River starts in Geneva and runs very swiftly through the middle of town.

Driving from Geneva towards Mont Blanc (France) and on into Italy:

Last edited by JMT; 03-17-2009 at 09:36 PM..

Old 03-17-2009, 08:58 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,530,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Technically, Geneva is surrounded by the Jura, not the Alps. But it is a short drive from the Alps including several famous ski resorts, both in France and in Switzerland (Geneva is surrounded by France).

Geneva is truly a beautiful city, and it oozes money. Lake Geneva is Western Europe's deepest lake and is surrounded by gorgeous villages and fantastic chateaux. The French resort town of Evian is on Lake Geneva. The Rhone River starts in Geneva and runs through the middle of town as whitewater rapids.

Preaching to the choir here, stayed in the area Geneva and Uni in Lausanne for a few weeks in 2005 on a backpacking trip, fell in love with it. Mountains and palm trees (and techno music) lol.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
Preaching to the choir here, stayed in the area Geneva and Uni in Lausanne for a few weeks in 2005 on a backpacking trip, fell in love with it. Mountains and palm trees (and techno music) lol.
haha yeah man what's with all the techno music in Geneva? I noticed the same thing!

Old 03-17-2009, 10:26 PM

Montreal is also one of my favorite cities. No matter the weather, the place is magical.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City