Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 02:52 PM

734 posts, read 2,053,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
With the exception of a couple, these ten would make it on anybodies "most liberal" city list! hmmmm..... is there a message there? Me thinks so! Seattle is a cess pool, in my opinion, Honolulu? hello!
Most big cities are liberal. Detroit? New Orleans? NY? Chicago? LA?

We get it, you love Obama and you wish Nancy Pelosi was your mom, but there's no message there.

Old 04-04-2009, 05:31 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden-mind-State View Post
Really? As opposed to what? Ohio? A ghetto is a ghetto..guaranteed you haven't seen SF's..and you definitely don't want to..ignorance isn't bliss don't listen to what the rest of the people tell you.
Yes really. In Ohio, Cleveland area to be exact. Thats a surprise to you?

A ghetto is a ghetto but some are better or worse than others. Were talking about the city as a whole here, not small neighborhoods. Im not ignorant about it, I am more than aware that San Francisco has ghettos but as far as the city as a whole, San Francisco is one of the nicest large cities in the country.

Some examples of "ghetto" cities are Detroit and Cleveland. Both those cities ghetto areas take up a larger land area than the entire city of San Francisco. I was born in the "ghetto" in Cleveland, I grew up in ghettos, Ive been to ghettos across the Eastcoast and Midwest, places like Camden, North Philly, Detroit, East Cleveland, South/West Chicago. I try to not talk about cities I havent been to, but based on what I know, Im willing to make an exception here with saying Im more than positive that San Francisco is not a ghetto city, nor would its ghettos be worse than some Ive seen or lived in myself.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:08 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,362,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Which 10 large cities do you think are the least ghetto, or most high class? Here are my picks:

1. San Diego
2. San Jose
3. Seattle
4. Portland
5. Salt Lake City
6. Minneapolis
7. Boston
8. Honolulu
9. Denver
10. Austin
Salt Lake City is not a large city but rather a small to medium sized city with a large suburban metro area. Anyways regardless of size, there are some pretty ghetto areas in SLC. Scratch it from your list

Old 04-04-2009, 09:06 PM

210 posts, read 845,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
Yes really. In Ohio, Cleveland area to be exact. Thats a surprise to you?

A ghetto is a ghetto but some are better or worse than others. Were talking about the city as a whole here, not small neighborhoods. Im not ignorant about it, I am more than aware that San Francisco has ghettos but as far as the city as a whole, San Francisco is one of the nicest large cities in the country.

Some examples of "ghetto" cities are Detroit and Cleveland. Both those cities ghetto areas take up a larger land area than the entire city of San Francisco. I was born in the "ghetto" in Cleveland, I grew up in ghettos, Ive been to ghettos across the Eastcoast and Midwest, places like Camden, North Philly, Detroit, East Cleveland, South/West Chicago. I try to not talk about cities I havent been to, but based on what I know, Im willing to make an exception here with saying Im more than positive that San Francisco is not a ghetto city, nor would its ghettos be worse than some Ive seen or lived in myself.
Ghetto's of San Francisco are just as bad as any other ghetto in the country, you just don't know. Like someone stated before San Fran is small geocraphically. In SF there is the Tenderloin, Fillmore/Western Addition, The Mission, Visatatacion Valley(which is home to Sunnydale housing projects which has been named one of the top 10 most dangerous housing projects in the country in years past), Hunters Point/Bayview( which has a murder rate equal to that or close enough to compton's), Lakeview/Oceanview, Portrero Hill(home of O.j. simpson lol), parts of the excelsior district.

SF has a higher per capita homicide and crime rate than New York. I am not saying San Fran is ghetto as whole, but the city is only 7 by 7 miles so crime is even in the nicer neighborhoods. San Francisco has a very strong "ghetto" culture. Nothing to be proud of, just a fact!

Old 04-04-2009, 09:16 PM

843 posts, read 1,297,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guineas View Post
Dallas is all right.

LOLs.

Only if your at the airport departure gate.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:23 PM

843 posts, read 1,297,846 times
No particular order:

Portland, Maine
Riverside, California
Toledo, Ohio
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Fort Worth, Texas
Nashville, Tennessee
Columbus, Ohio
San Francisco, California
Indianapolis, Indiana

Old 04-04-2009, 09:26 PM

pretty good list northpolemarathoner, except san francisco, indianapolis,and okc should removed.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:40 PM

366 posts, read 1,441,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoleMarathoner View Post
No particular order:

Portland, Maine
Riverside, California
Toledo, Ohio
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Fort Worth, Texas
Nashville, Tennessee
Columbus, Ohio
San Francisco, California
Indianapolis, Indiana
The cities I highlight in bold from your list NorthPoleMarathoner, should be removed. You went downhill after OKC.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:42 PM

()_T...I went back and looked at the list again and I do agree with you. Riverside and tulsa are questionable top 10 too.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:51 PM

366 posts, read 1,441,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_810 View Post
()_T...I went back and looked at the list again and I do agree with you. Riverside and tulsa are questionable top 10 too.

Yeah they are questionable, every other city NorthPoleMarathoner posted has a ghetto area; those cities should not be on the list, especially Nashville, Tennesse and OKC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City