Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the most dangerous neighborhood to walk in the US?
South Bronx ( yes more than one neighborhood) 44 8.21%
Highland Park ( Detroit) 55 10.26%
Compton ( Los Angeles) 67 12.50%
zone 3 (Atlanta) 32 5.97%
Chicago Southside 66 12.31%
Inner Wash DC ( sorry this isn't precise) 20 3.73%
North Philadelphia 62 11.57%
Liberty City Miami 26 4.85%
East St Louis , Ill 81 15.11%
OTHER 83 15.49%
Voters: 536. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 03:04 PM

1,346 posts, read 4,221,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
I heard that a whole neighborhood (Trinidad) had to be shut down and had police check points employed just to see who enters and leaves. Also when I visited DC, I went to the McDonalds there and it was one of the sorriest sights imaginable.
DC is not even close to the most dangerous city. It's actually in my opinion the most improved city in the country. You have to go out of your way to find crime now. I know downtown by the Verizon Center/Chinatown was a terrible spot 10 years ago. Now I've heard people call it a mini Times Square because of the video screens and how crowded it is. Like I just mentioned in my previous post, I'm a DC fireman. 10 years ago every individual fire station ran a good 3 working fires every day. Now we run 3 working fires on a BUSY day in the entire city as a whole.

Trinidad is a bad area of town, and they did have police check points. It has/had the busiest fire station in the country stationed there, but it's getting better.

Where is this McDonalds that you are talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 03:07 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,079,065 times
I wouldn't know the exact location because I'm not from there but it was close to the white house and I think the highway was nearby. One going north to Maryland.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:58 AM

2,957 posts, read 6,488,333 times
Quote:
Funny you keep saying East Brooklyn when according to the stats, it isn't any worse than south Bronx. I see you're drinking that East NY cool-aid.

Heck, you could have lived in Wash Heights (160's) circa 1990 and you would have said it isn't that bad. You have NO credibility.
LMAO sorry man, but this is just plain BS. Seems like you've been known to dip into said kool aid supply yourself! Here's a couple quality nuggets I've noticed:

Quote:
Yeah people think the Bronx is bad......I wouldn't be caught dead in Northern Brooklyn.....Bed-Stuy, Brownsville, Bushwick, East NY......East NY is the perennial homicide capital of the city and has been for quite some time. Not only are there a gazillion projects but the mostly black residents dont waste any time in bustin a cap in your ***.
Quote:
North Brooklyn has been getting worse. East NY alone recorded 33 (?) homicides last year. Things are so bad that the NYPD has numerous operations currently in place. Besides 1/3rd of the new cops now deployed on Brooklyn streets, NYPD has Operation Trident, Operation Impact, and Operation Crown currently in place just to contain those hellacious neighborhood.

But I venture to say (though some disagree) that the worst of Brooklyn is worse than the worst of the Bronx(though they are similar in crime). It's just to me that Brooklyn has a more scary and dangerous vibe to it.
Quote:
I have stated numerous time that I wouldn't be caught dead in Brooklyn....the ghettos there are the worst in the city.
You've of course had many, many more posts that countered these by placing the Bronx/Harlem as the "worst" in NYC, so you should at some point make up your mind.

You have a bad habit of contradicting yourself. How are you gonna call someone out for drinking the same "kool aid" that you were earlier pouring yourself? Lol. Sorry to always have to bust you out, but if you don't want me to then cut the crap. If I didn't keep on having these things land in my lap I wouldn't need to keep exposing you.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Yeah people think the Bronx is bad......I wouldn't be caught dead in Northern Brooklyn.....Bed-Stuy, Brownsville, Bushwick, East NY......East NY is the perennial homicide capital of the city and has been for quite some time. Not only are there a gazillion projects but the mostly black residents dont waste any time in bustin a cap in your ***.

I see you're not very bright. Maybe I said what I said because it is true? If you know anything about East NY, then you would know it is the precinct that finishes with the most homicides year in and year out. Where did I put it on a pedestal? Nice try though. You = fail.

Quote:
But I venture to say (though some disagree) that the worst of Brooklyn is worse than the worst of the Bronx(though they are similar in crime). It's just to me that Brooklyn has a more scary and dangerous vibe to it.

LMAO you are dense.....hmmm....maybe the worst of Brooklyn isn't East NY? Umm have you ever heard of Browsnville? Have you ever heard of Bed-Stuy?

Nice try. I see I have a fan. But again you fail. Please, bring on more.

LMAO....Jman is tight!!

Old 05-26-2009, 02:39 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,488,333 times
Quote:

I see you're not very bright. Maybe I said what I said because it is true? If you know anything about East NY, then you would know it is the precinct that finishes with the most homicides year in and year out. Where did I put it on a pedestal? Nice try though. You = fail.
You're not actually this slow are you? You appear to be under the impression that what you said and meant here was debatable lol....WRONG!! hahaha

I'll explain this to you in detail, so try to keep up. You called someone out for buying into the supposed hype surrounding East NY, or "drinking that East NY cool-aid," as you put it, and you came to this conclusion by responding to him mentioning "East Brooklyn." YOU deduced East NY from the mention of East Brooklyn, not anyone else. Are you still following??

You then went on to say that "according to the stats," East Brooklyn "isn't any worse than south Bronx." So in one instance you're saying it "is the perennial homicide capital of the city and has been for quite some time," while in another you're accusing someone of believing what they are hearing about East NY being the worst in the city, even though he never even mentioned East NY in that post, YOU did. DOUBLE FAIL!! LOL.

There's no room for discussion here. You contradicted yourself AGAIN, and I already proved it. Denying that at this point only makes you look weaker than you already do lol. The point is, if you bought into the hype yourself you don't have any right to accuse someone else of doing the same thing. You're a hypocrite.

I realize that I've left you pretty desperate to try and save some face here so you're trying to claim that there was some other meaning in your words than what was stated, but its not working pal! Its all written plainly, and the contradictions came directly from you, so you really don't have any way out of this. Sorry to break it to ya.

Quote:
LMAO you are dense.....hmmm....maybe the worst of Brooklyn isn't East NY? Umm have you ever heard of Browsnville? Have you ever heard of Bed-Stuy?

Nice try. I see I have a fan. But again you fail. Please, bring on more.

LMAO....Jman is tight!!
Ahh the usual cowardly cop-out by Mario, I expect nothing less. Take note, YOU are the only out of the 3 of us who actually mentioned East NY. Again, YOU brought up East NY in response to the mention of East BK, and then were exposed for having drank the "cool aid" yourself. You're funny man, in a pitiful, handicapped kind of way.

Apparently if its not bolded and dumbed down enough, info completely bypasses you. Here's a couple key points I'll help you with since you're incapable of actually picking this up on your own:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Dude get over yourself....Outside of East Brooklyn no area of NYC even compares. Here in NYC we have punk kids, drug dealers, and addicts but in other places the have lifelong gangmembers that there lives are their gang.
Quote:
Funny you keep saying East Brooklyn when according to the stats, it isn't any worse than south Bronx. I see you're drinking that East NY cool-aid.
Sorry buddy, but the only failure here is YOURS exclusively....FAIL!!! LMAO...a gallant effort tho, really, really nice try!

Trust me, you don't want me to bring on more. Not that you have any shame or self-respect judging by the ridiculous fables and exaggerations you habitually post on here, but there are so many ways you make yourself look bad, I don't need to list any more here. And regardless I won't hesitate to point it out bit by bit as I continue to see you contradict yourself, so don't worry I'm sure there'll be more soon enough.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:49 PM

26 posts, read 72,900 times
EastSide of Atlanta Decatur(not the city limits) stone mountain!!!!!!
RoughEastSiderDatMoundJcourt

Old 05-26-2009, 03:04 PM

Man, cut down your posts! They're too long....but my go

I'm not sure but I hope you know that East NY is a neighborhood in eastern Brooklyn....and not a neighborhood in eastern Manhattan. Have to make sure of that (especially knowing how dense you are).....

Second......When someone mentions "Eastern Brooklyn"....they are reffering first and formost to the East NY neighborhood. Brownsville is to the west of East NY. You could ask the poster, and they would tell you what they meant.

And when I said perenial homicide capital....that's not gassing up...are you so stupid? IT IS FACT THAT EAST NY YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT HAS THE MOST HOMICIDES ON ANY NYC PRECINCT. I am stating a fact. Now, when you make it in terms of rate, it's not nearly that bad because the 75th precinct in East NY has the most amount of people so obviously by raw totals it would be # 1. The south Bronx hoods are much smaller than East NY. So when you actually take rates, It isn't any worse.

Get it yet?

And I see you're city data's hero!! Trying to pick fights with Ny'ers. The one's you suck off you say "Na man you're cool!" and then with others you like picking up little arguments.....yeah I looked at your posts...

and you're nothing but a little b*tch.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:12 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,859,578 times
For the record I was refering to both, brownsville and east NY, OTHERWISE i would have said east ny. You attacke me mario saying that I was drinking the koolaid because the south bronx was worse and now you're saying that they are roughly the same. Your inconsistency in your post is what the issue is. He didn't start a fight with me and I'm a NYer.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
For the record I was refering to both, brownsville and east NY, OTHERWISE i would have said east ny. You attacke me mario saying that I was drinking the koolaid because the south bronx was worse and now you're saying that they are roughly the same. Your inconsistency in your post is what the issue is. He didn't start a fight with me and I'm a NYer.
Ahh I see.

Then I assumed wrong. But Jman has a hard on for a few of us. NYC1DAY, me, Dover, and Fuctha....just watch this:

"The south Bronx is the worst neighborhood in the country."

(cue J)

Old 05-26-2009, 03:24 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,446,532 times
East New York.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City