Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the most dangerous neighborhood to walk in the US?
South Bronx ( yes more than one neighborhood) 44 8.21%
Highland Park ( Detroit) 55 10.26%
Compton ( Los Angeles) 67 12.50%
zone 3 (Atlanta) 32 5.97%
Chicago Southside 66 12.31%
Inner Wash DC ( sorry this isn't precise) 20 3.73%
North Philadelphia 62 11.57%
Liberty City Miami 26 4.85%
East St Louis , Ill 81 15.11%
OTHER 83 15.49%
Voters: 536. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 11:48 PM

163 posts, read 493,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trichome View Post
wikipedia article:

After decades of neglect, crime has been a major problem in this quadrant of the city, although it also has strong middle-class neighborhoods. In 2005, 62 of Washington, D.C.'s 195 homicides occurred in the 7th District of the Metropolitan Police Department, which also includes the neighborhoods of Barry Farm, Naylor Gardens, and Washington Highlands.

What the **** is your point? Im not saying Compton isnt dangerous.
my point is you were trying to compare stats and you were wrong so you just had to be corrected . Thats my point so lets keep it civil and act like an adult .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 11:52 PM

21 posts, read 105,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9TheCityOfAngeles9 View Post
my point is you were trying to compare stats and you were wrong so you just had to be corrected . Thats my point so lets keep it civil and act like an adult .
If you want me to act civil then stop provoking me. I was half wrong those neighborhoods are dangerous as ****.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trichome View Post
If you want me to act civil then stop provoking me. I was half wrong those neighborhoods are dangerous as ****.
provoking you ? This is the internet if facts are provoking then maybe you shouldnt post on this site . You shouldnt act civil because i want you to . You should act civil because thats the right thing to do . Besides this isnt the streets this is the internet, city-data.com to be exact .So if you want to provoke yourself to be uncivilized and take your frustrations out on your keyboard then be my guest .

Old 05-14-2009, 12:17 AM

21 posts, read 105,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9TheCityOfAngeles9 View Post
provoking you ? This is the internet if facts are provoking then maybe you shouldnt post on this site . You shouldnt act civil because i want you to . You should act civil because thats the right thing to do . Besides this isnt the streets this is the internet, city-data.com to be exact .So if you want to provoke yourself to be uncivilized and take your frustrations out on your keyboard then be my guest .
But you’re the one typing are you not? So facts can't provoke me. Its not facts, I looked at the facts from both your response to my comment and my own.... Why you feel I need to be corrected so strongly is beyond me, a correction about population of a quadrant of a city nonetheless.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:30 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS88 View Post
Can someone explain to me why they belive Compton is the worst neighborhood in the country.
The same reason we want to know why people think the south bronx is the most dangerous.

Old 05-16-2009, 03:54 PM

31 posts, read 174,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
nah thats no urban myth. that happend last year. It was 28 shootings in one friday night....but 28 people didn't die though.

There was a weekend in philly relatively recently where there were something like 35 people shot within a 48 hour period

Old 05-16-2009, 04:10 PM

1,124 posts, read 3,592,185 times
East St. Louis HAS the highest crime rate out of all cities with a population of 5,000 or more.
https://www.city-data.com/top2/c404.html

Old 05-16-2009, 04:40 PM

https://www.city-data.com/forum/gener...isleading.html

Old 05-17-2009, 03:14 PM

84 posts, read 320,602 times
Lightbulb Crime maps

I don't doubt that East St. Louis has the highest crime rate, but a lot of these other hoods are overrated!

All the people saying the South Bronx ain't **** and ain't scary no more gotta check this out (zoom in on neighborhoods):

New York City crime map 2 months

As you can see the South Bronx actually has plenty of shootings! (Remember to zoom in and let it work its magic so you can see ALL the shootings...)

Los Angeles crime map 2 months

I suspect something is wrong here because the map only shows one murder... I know it only show Los Angeles city crime so it doesn't count Compton and so on, but by looking at south LA on the map you could at least get the feel of how it would be like, but as I mentioned before I'm almost 100 % sure there is got to be something wrong with the murders here!

Chicago crime map 2 months

Pretty much the Chicago neighborhoods described in this thread as bad are bad, but doesn't seem to top the South Bronx or crimes in south LA...

Spotcrime.com didn't have any maps of East St. Louis, but I checked out St. Louis (Missouri) and there was a lot of crime there!

I am kinda suspicious of this site though because of the very few crimes...

My conclusion is that the South Bronx isn't that great as the times want it to look and people on this forum want it to look...

Last edited by Crotonapark; 05-17-2009 at 03:24 PM..

Old 05-17-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crotonapark View Post
I suspect something is wrong here because the map only shows one murder... I know it only show Los Angeles city crime so it doesn't count Compton and so on, but by looking at south LA on the map you could at least get the feel of how it would be like, but as I mentioned before I'm almost 100 % sure there is got to be something wrong with the murders here!

Chicago crime map 2 months

Los Angeles Times Homicide Map
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City