Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the most dangerous neighborhood to walk in the US?
South Bronx ( yes more than one neighborhood) 44 8.21%
Highland Park ( Detroit) 55 10.26%
Compton ( Los Angeles) 67 12.50%
zone 3 (Atlanta) 32 5.97%
Chicago Southside 66 12.31%
Inner Wash DC ( sorry this isn't precise) 20 3.73%
North Philadelphia 62 11.57%
Liberty City Miami 26 4.85%
East St Louis , Ill 81 15.11%
OTHER 83 15.49%
Voters: 536. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 11:25 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,046,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
Or at least we all know that Mario wants it to be more than he wants to be the CEO of a Fortune 500 company.

If it were possible for someone to not only make it the worst place in the world but to have everyone believe it was as well, you would be so grateful to whomever made that happen that you'd look like Chewbacca with his life debt to Han Solo.

But just out of curiosity, why the sick obsession and why do you want the place that you live to be so terrible? Are you that desperate for some street cred or something? It makes no sense at all to me.
Not really. You seem to be salty from that discussion we had a while back. I think it was where I showed we were discussing Harlem at it's worst or something. I throw out some figures that easily prove that NYC was the worst. Thats it, nothing more, nothing less. You make it seem like I go to any thread and just post...Bronx HELL!......that was what the thread was about and many other posters there post their opinions (without backing them up) and you don't put them to task.

I think I have said many times here that I don't think the Bronx is currently the worst neighborhood. I said it is still bad but there are worst. All I said was that back then it was EASILY the worst neighborhood. No bragging anymore than someone from San Fran trying to prove how unsafe it is.

As to the LA matter. If someone puts LA in a thread of worst crime rep than hell yeah I'm going to argue against that. NYC was not on the list, so I am assuming that has something to do with the safest big city crap. LA is one of the safest big cities currently. Yet it was still on the list and not NYC? Please. LA was never known for crime like NYC was. Reputation is something you built up in the past, not what you are currently. If you can't see this then you're lost.

I don't need to go on a computer to earn street cred. Trust me, that is something I gained a long time ago. You have to let go of your obsession with me, that is why I choose to ignore you.

Anything else you'd like to know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 11:27 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,046,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
^hahaha, i'd give you rep for that one if I could

It's funny, because everyone already knows that the South Bronx WAS the worst area in the country (or at least one of the worst), no one's gonna forget that...and everyone knows that it still has very bad areas. But still SuperMario just can't stand the fact that the rest of the city, including much of the Bronx has had it's crime rate drop so much that it excludes NYC from being anywhere near the most dangerous city, statistically. The precious high crime rate is gone, oh no!
The NYC crime rate is higher than you think. Go to the NYC crime thread and look at the posts there.

Yeah but it has improved. So has LA, CHI, BOS, MIA, etc.......

Old 05-22-2009, 12:17 AM

4,906 posts, read 6,846,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
We all know the Bronx is the most dangerous place.

But LA and NY have had more of the high profile killings. Probably because they're the two main cities of each coast.
I disagree..I grew u in LA and live in Washington Heights (NYC) one of the nabes you claim too be horrible.. I've been coming and staying in NYC since 1988 and LA was and is much worse. NYC looks worse on the surface, but even the South Bronx doesn't match up to certain parts of LA.

Old 05-22-2009, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS88 View Post
By Far?
In some ways yes and in some ways no. In LA you have the safety of driving and aren't directly confronted..However, you won't make it a block walking without confrontation in some parts of LA no matter who you are.

Old 05-22-2009, 12:40 AM

2,957 posts, read 6,474,194 times
Quote:
Not really. You seem to be salty from that discussion we had a while back. I think it was where I showed we were discussing Harlem at it's worst or something. I throw out some figures that easily prove that NYC was the worst. Thats it, nothing more, nothing less. You make it seem like I go to any thread and just post...Bronx HELL!......that was what the thread was about and many other posters there post their opinions (without backing them up) and you don't put them to task.

I think I have said many times here that I don't think the Bronx is currently the worst neighborhood. I said it is still bad but there are worst. All I said was that back then it was EASILY the worst neighborhood. No bragging anymore than someone from San Fran trying to prove how unsafe it is.

As to the LA matter. If someone puts LA in a thread of worst crime rep than hell yeah I'm going to argue against that. NYC was not on the list, so I am assuming that has something to do with the safest big city crap. LA is one of the safest big cities currently. Yet it was still on the list and not NYC? Please. LA was never known for crime like NYC was. Reputation is something you built up in the past, not what you are currently. If you can't see this then you're lost.

I don't need to go on a computer to earn street cred. Trust me, that is something I gained a long time ago. You have to let go of your obsession with me, that is why I choose to ignore you.

Anything else you'd like to know?
Obsession with you?? LMAO please! The only obsession being displayed here clearly is the one you have with NYC's crime and notoriety. You put an insane amount of energy into trying to find ways that allow NYC to rank as the most dangerous, and for what? What good does that do you?

And you're so into it that you forget that other people aren't on the same page with you. You always use terminology that makes it clear that you're competing, yet you fail to realize that most people on here are not trying to have their city rank high in crime. Your fixation is bizarre.

Responding to me a day and a half after I post is hardly ignoring me. Don't get where you were going with that one. But I think you and I both know you stay silent most of the time b/c I'm exposing you and hitting the nail on the head, and you end up with nothing to say that could do you any justice in most cases. And I won't even get into your whole "street cred" proclaimation LMAO; NOTHING about you and your "terrified of NY" posts give anyone any reason to believe some internet crime stat enthusiast has any street cred lol.

If I seem salty with you, its not any kind of carry over from our previous exchanges; I was actually pleased with how those played out, dunno why you would think otherwise. I even tried to interact with you normally after the first one or two of them. But I find your NYC fear mongering on every other general thread, both old and new, and I find it annoying. I also find holes in many things you say so I don't hesitate to call you on 'em. Further, I find it mind boggling (borrowing a term used earlier) how desperately you want your place to be reputed for its crime. And as I said earlier, you do it so much that I even predicted you'd be on here whining about it. That says something man.

As for calling you out over other posters, no one else obsesses and exaggerates as much as you do, nor as often. Its YOUR posts I keep on reading, and there are plenty of other posters I have responded to in various threads so you don't need to feel singled out. Your posts are just on a higher level of repetition than most others, and so you see me responding to them. Here's an example of one of your ridiculous posts I just came across right before I came back to this one:

Quote:
South Bronx boy oh boy.....

Brooklyn north hahaha

Harlem

A white person steps to any of these areas and he is GUARANTEED dead.
This was from like a year ago, but I come across your nonsense all the time. Think you blow things out of proportion enough??? Those are pretty gigantic areas for you to be labelling them "white man dead on sight" zones. And its not like this is a rarity; I come across your BS almost every day I browse these threads. If you doubt me, I can spend about 15 minutes and draw up a ton more just like this one. Its always chest-puffing about NYC>the rest of Earth, BX/Uptown>than the rest of NYC, and most often of all NYC>LA/CA. The only thing is, your version of "greater than," is focused around how much crime exists or existed at whatever point it can favor your bizarre, twisted agenda.

Don't trip man, I'm not trying to get you to stop b/c I know you won't. This means WAY too much to you to even think of something like that. But if you make ridiculous comments or your point of view is warped, narrow or one-sided, don't be surprised if someone calls you out on it.

Update: I just got through reading that thread that I'd just quoted you from, and all I saw was people picking apart your ridiculous claim. In fact the only one who favored your view was the infamous "Futcha," lol, everyone's favorite spoiled kid former member from Scarsdale. I know even YOU are not trying to associate with that guy (I think higher of you than that). But that just goes to show how overstated your claims are, especially when everyone commenting completely disproved what you'd said. So I don't know why you're acting surprised that I'm consistant in calling you out for this crap.

Last edited by jman650; 05-22-2009 at 01:41 AM..

Old 05-22-2009, 08:22 PM

674 posts, read 1,813,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
In some ways yes and in some ways no. In LA you have the safety of driving and aren't directly confronted..However, you won't make it a block walking without confrontation in some parts of LA no matter who you are.

Lol I used to visit relatives in Compton during the summer and I can tell you I made it YEARS without confrontation in Compton note this was in the early-mid 90s AND my area was VERY gang infested yet I never had a problem.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:52 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,698,523 times
I cannot believe that you people voted south bronx. South bronx is not one of the most dangerous neighborhoods in the US. Actually is CAmden NJ is the top dangerous neighborhood in the US. Most-dangerous city: Camden, N.J. - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

Old 05-23-2009, 02:45 PM

674 posts, read 1,813,668 times
Well if you wanna go by stats Highbridge (a neighborhood in the south BX) had 20 killings in 2008 with a population of about 30,000 while in 2008 Compton had 38 Killings with a population of about 100,000 so clearly the South Bronx is more dangerous then compton with a homicide rate of about 60 and thats not saying much considering this isnt even the worst part of the city.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:04 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,698,523 times
These are the top 10 most dangerous cities of the US. Top 10 Most Dangerous Cities in America For 2008 : The Real Estate Bloggers

Old 05-23-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS88 View Post
Lol I used to visit relatives in Compton during the summer and I can tell you I made it YEARS without confrontation in Compton note this was in the early-mid 90s AND my area was VERY gang infested yet I never had a problem.
Lol...I don't believe you. I live in NYC and know the boroughs quite well including the south bronx. The south bronx isn't even the worst part of NYC IMO. I think you are being dishonest as "no part of NYC" is as bad as some parts of LA. I grew up near 83rd and Hoover street in LA go walk down there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City