Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What cities are the most bashed on C-D Forums?
Newark 15 12.61%
San Antonio 13 10.92%
Houston 54 45.38%
Miami 16 13.45%
Pheonix 31 26.05%
Los Angeles 32 26.89%
Jersey City 9 7.56%
Orlando 13 10.92%
St.Louis 9 7.56%
San Jose 9 7.56%
Any Other City(Name it) 37 31.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 01:02 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,518,195 times

Advertisements

IMHO...Philadelphia gets a bum rap here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 01:06 AM

3,635 posts, read 10,742,367 times
St. Louis is definitely up there. Some of St. Louis deserves the bashing (North City, East St. Louis, and a few other areas) but the vast majority of the Stl metro is nice, most people wouldn't know it though. The bad areas give the whole area a bad reputation.

Memphis as well. There are some unbelievably nice areas within the city limits. I think most people on CD have never seen those areas

Old 06-22-2010, 03:58 PM

74 posts, read 249,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTheKid View Post
I don't know about most bashed city, but the most mashed city is Boise, Idaho!

Get it? Idaho... Potatoes...

*taps microphone*

This thing on?

*crickets chirping*
lmao....the actual joke wasn't tht funny..but the second part was HILARIOUS...

Old 06-22-2010, 05:10 PM

965 posts, read 1,884,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
Most threads regarding Atlanta turn negative. The Atlanta forum is negative in itself. You can compare any other city, with the exception of maybe Dallas vs Houston or Chicago vs SF, too each other and thread usually remains positive. Compare any of these to Atlanta and it will turn ugly.

^ just something I've noticed.

The Atlanta board is terrible. Lots of angry, bitter resentful people, and everything turns into a race war. The white folks that live outside the city seem to be quite resentful that lots of blacks live in the area and they have to deal with that rather than just tolerate them like they do in other cities. I think there is a troll on there creating threads pretending they're a single black mother on Section 8 asking where "she" can find an apartment for her and her kids just to get the posters all riled up.

The Detroit threads are negative as hell too. But it's Detroit, I'd be angry if I lived there too. The suburbs are nice though.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:24 PM

213 posts, read 420,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
The Atlanta board is terrible. Lots of angry, bitter resentful people, and everything turns into a race war. The white folks that live outside the city seem to be quite resentful that lots of blacks live in the area and they have to deal with that rather than just tolerate them like they do in other cities. I think there is a troll on there creating threads pretending they're a single black mother on Section 8 asking where "she" can find an apartment for her and her kids just to get the posters all riled up.

The Detroit threads are negative as hell too. But it's Detroit, I'd be angry if I lived there too. The suburbs are nice though.

I know thats Right. As soon as A poster mentions Atlanta Its like world war 2 on tht thread... I remember the section 8 topic, They let her have it. Telling her she needs get off her you know what and get a job. It was a mess. Then when she told them why she was on section 8, They all apologized.... People can be ignorant sometimes...

Old 06-22-2010, 05:42 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,324,530 times
Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, Orlando, Chicago, New York City, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Philadelphia...umm what else?

Old 06-22-2010, 06:21 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, Orlando, Chicago, New York City, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Philadelphia...umm what else?
They really don't have a bad rep here.

They never get ragged on for having high crime.
They never get ragged on for being in a certain region. (South, Midwest, West. etc...)
They never have their public transportation get ragged on.
They never get called "redneck" city... or racist....
They never get negative connotation for their city layout
They never get discredited for anything they are good at or how important they are.
They never get any hate for education.
They don't even get hate for climate.
They don't get hate for economy.
They don't get hate for politics.
They don't get hate for global recognition charts.
They don't get hated on for their architecture.
They don't get ragged on for their food either....

My point is, that city is the best off on this forum. I'm sorry, but listing that city is just so not true, people love it, those who hate it only do because they envy it, those who don't prefer it only because it's layout is not their type.... Or because of the sports teams (I hate all of NYC's teams)... but I like the city a lot, lol just wish it had modern buildings everywhere and it would be my ideal city!!!! I want to live in a place that looks 2010-2030 haha, I can't stand those damn traditional buildings. (Sorry if I offended anyone)

All the other cities you listed get extreme amount of hatred, New York City does not, and even when someone tries to hate on it, you have at least 5 New Yorkers on them within minutes to disprove everything the person has to say whether it be true or false. New York City and maybe Boston are the only cities here where people have their cities back at all times and can defend their city through and through. Neither of them even belong in this thread...and that, IMHO is the truth.

Last edited by DANNYY; 06-22-2010 at 07:29 PM..

Old 06-22-2010, 07:16 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,170,272 times
Everybody bashes Los Angeles, actually California in general. they always say it's smog filled, fake, congested, etc.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:24 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,181,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
You definitely missed Miami lol. People tear Miami apart.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:48 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,760,563 times
Dallas gets bashed alot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City