Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What states are the Most Bashed States?
New jersey 19 27.54%
Florida 18 26.09%
California 21 30.43%
Texas 32 46.38%
Kansas 7 10.14%
Midwest States(Name It) 8 11.59%
Arizona 10 14.49%
New Mexico 6 8.70%
New England(Name State) 4 5.80%
Other(Name IT) 13 18.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 11:46 PM

33 posts, read 136,606 times

Advertisements

California is the most bashed.

Something about our state that gets people steaming maddd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 12:15 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
^^^Exactly. It's weird.

Old 04-11-2009, 01:33 AM

1,423 posts, read 4,685,519 times
^^ I know Right,2 weeks ago I Went to Portland,Some guy asked me "where are you coming from" I said California,I Could see it in his Face he wanted to Say something bad,Then He says"oh Another one",I Said,"What" the guy was to ***** Whipped to say anything back.There's a lot of obese People Their, Yesterday's Laker game in Portland there's people holding Signs Saying to Say out California's,Chant "Beat LA" all they want,LA will always be a Better Team and City!

Old 04-11-2009, 03:17 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,515,167 times
Texas, California and Jersey are easily the most bashed on cd

TX and Cal are usually hated by Northeasterners that hate the success of the sunbelt states and the prosperity and economic power of these two especially.

New Jersey is the most falsely stereotyped state and far more beautiful than most realize.

Honorable mention would be any state in the South and midwest (other than Minnesota and Illinois) for most bashed

Old 04-11-2009, 04:44 AM

188 posts, read 520,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali_baby View Post

Nah, California only gets bashed when it deserves it. The only ones who constantly bash it are former Californians, who keep on bringing up the state's negatives. The only times when other states bash California is when Californians decide to take a mass exodus all at once into lesser populated western states, which obviously weren't prepared for their arrival... Other than that, people still dig California. Some still would love to move out there to have that LA/SF/SD experience.

On the otherhand, Texas gets bashed simply because it's Texas. Everyone bashes on it, including those from states that are just as flawed if not moreso than Texas. It's to the point to where it's become a normal thing to do (like bashing the French), I guess. Same goes for Jersey.

Old 04-11-2009, 04:50 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,913,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
Woops Missed A Letter. It Happens Dam.
I fixed it for ya.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:01 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,239,989 times
Default People notice attacks on their home state more than other states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali_baby View Post

California gets bashed alot but i do not agree that its the most. California for example gets many postive comments from out of staters, including me! I think as a Californian, you are likely to read more threads about California, and notice the bashing of your home state more than other states.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:07 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,929,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
TX and Cal are usually hated by Northeasterners that hate the success of the sunbelt states and the prosperity and economic power of these two especially.

No, I'm not jealous of either state. I don't know why people who live in big cities would be jealous of it too. I never once heard someone say here that they wish they lived in TX. I like CA far more than I like TX. I wouldn't mind living in CA one day, but I really just don't like TX.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:29 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,239,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
No, I'm not jealous of either state. I don't know why people who live in big cities would be jealous of it too. I never once heard someone say here that they wish they lived in TX. I like CA far more than I like TX. I wouldn't mind living in CA one day, but I really just don't like TX.
You just confirmed Sweetclimber's opinion about Texas being the most bashed. Probably up there with Florida and New Jersey. Difference is people defend Texas and New Jersey but no one defends Florida.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:33 AM

269 posts, read 468,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post

Houston and Dallas ranked #1 and #2 in population growth in the latest census. Houston was ranked #1 in:

Best City for Recent College Grads (Gosh, I thought they all flocked to NYC?) - Forbes 2008
Best US City to Earn a Living - Forbes 2008
Nations Healthiest Housing Market - Builder and Hanley 2009
Nominal Job Growth - Bureau of Labor Statistics 08-09

Texas has the most fortune 500 companies in the country, is the nation's #1 exporting state, and was rated America's top state for business by CNBC.

Surely SOMONE wants to move here?

Oh and please, tell me what cities you have been to in Texas and what you didn't like about them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City