Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What states are the Most Bashed States?
New jersey 19 27.54%
Florida 18 26.09%
California 21 30.43%
Texas 32 46.38%
Kansas 7 10.14%
Midwest States(Name It) 8 11.59%
Arizona 10 14.49%
New Mexico 6 8.70%
New England(Name State) 4 5.80%
Other(Name IT) 13 18.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 09:43 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,518,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
New Jersey easily. Only state where people have NEVER been in the state, feel free to bash it because they think they know everything about it. Florida is close behind but in some ways it is worse because very few people defend Florida.
I agree with Florida.....even many residents of Florida often "bash" it and seldom defend it.....myself included, but the truth is the truth. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 03:12 PM

117 posts, read 330,833 times
1. Texas
2. California- New Jersey
3. Florida

Those are my top 3. I don't know, I like Texas (Some areas) and I really don't know the reason why it is so bashed/ hated on. San Antonio is the worst place I've been in Texas but Dallas, Austin, and Houston were ok! ! California Probably bashed because it has LA in it, or The cost of living is to much for people to afford so people get angry they cant live here! Joking of course!! I dont know Maybe its the weather and how boring it is, yet Most say we have the Best weather! New Jersey that little place I would say is tied with CA but not in the same categories. Florida just gets bashed lol. Even I bash it, But I don't post it. It's just in my head!!

Old 09-06-2010, 03:26 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,170,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Kidd951 View Post

or The cost of living is to much for people to afford so people get angry they cant live here! Joking of course!! !!
Actually I do think that's a reason. I don't care what people in the midwest/south/wherever say, there is some jealousy and envy of California. I had an ex friend from Missouri, I met online. She would always stereotype the whole entire state and whenever I would send her pics of the beaches and the mountains, she would say things like "I want more than hot weather and beaches" even though I had sent her pictures of mountains with snow, lakes, rolling hills etc. Jealous much?

Old 09-06-2010, 03:27 PM

117 posts, read 330,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBrad View Post
Actually I do think that's a reason. I don't care what people in the midwest/south/wherever say, there is some jealousy and envy of California. I had an ex friend from Missouri, I met online. She would always stereotype the whole entire state and whenever I would send her pics of the beaches and the mountains, she would say things like "I want more than hot weather and beaches" even though I had sent her pictures of mountains with snow, lakes, rolling hills etc. Jealous much?
I said I was joking, I know its jealously, but people from the Eastcoast Can't admit that!!

Old 06-13-2013, 04:25 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,695,817 times
Texas, Kansas, and New Jersey

Old 06-13-2013, 04:51 PM

14,019 posts, read 15,001,786 times
In reality, Massachusetts gets bashed by Northern New England
Mainers call New Hampshire "North Massachusetts" as an insult
and there are people that will literally stop talking to you because your from Massachusetts and "your kind" are ruining their state. I have never seen legitiment dislike like that anywhere else, it'ls usually like about sports or something and is playful banter, not actual dislike.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:01 PM

364 posts, read 619,013 times
Texas, NJ, FL, NY and California........ Cali and FL deserve it though.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:10 PM

798 posts, read 1,033,811 times
I know this is an old thread, but I see people posting about Kansas getting bashed. LOL. I don't even think most people remember that Kansas is a state, and most people might not even know that KC (main city) is in Missouri, not Kansas. Unless people are bashing it for being boring, and idk, because I know nothing about Kansas.

Top bashed states: Texas, NJ, Cali, and FL.
- Texas because everyone has opinions of it that are pretty much wrong.
- NJ because of the TV shows.
- Cali because of its struggling economy and high COL.
- FL because it actually does suck lol. JK. Mostly northerners bashing Florida and idk why.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:11 PM

14,673 posts, read 14,635,860 times
1) Mississippi
1a)Alabama

Old 06-13-2013, 08:47 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,979,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
I don't understand why so many people bash New Jersey. It's pretty underrated, if you ask me. It is lush and green in most parts, has a lot to do (beach, arts, shopping, entertainment, golf, etc.), and has some of the most beautiful suburban towns in the nation.
It's because people don't know this. They fly into Newark Airport, with the intention of spending a week doing touristy things across the Hudson for a week, and judge an entire state based on the airport and its surrounding industrial area. That area hosts the East Coast's largest port as well as the airport, which is obviously a major one, and some of NJ's biggest (and grittiest) cities. Just outside that bubble is the rest of the state - like you said, lush, green, beaches, farms, wildlife, beautiful towns, etc. People don't leave the airport except to cross into the city and this is where misconceptions come from, in addition to awful reality TV such as Jersey Shore, which ironically involved a cast full of New Yorkers. Go figure.

New Jersey is the most bashed state period. Not just on City Data. I really don't know how anyone could deny this. Sure, people hate on other states. People hate on all states at some point, but most have positive general viewpoints. California is known for its beauty and laid back lifestyle. Florida for its beautiful beaches. Texas for football and tough but hospitable Southern attitude. New Jersey is known for its ugliness and being the armpit of America. So there's that…

Also, there is a difference between bashing a place you're jealous of (mostly its weather/climate) and bashing a place because you're uninformed. Bashing NJ falls into the uninformed category.

Last edited by JerseyGirl415; 06-13-2013 at 09:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City