Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2009, 06:16 AM

9,174 posts, read 13,265,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
So many typical New Yorker responses. Get real defensive and bad mouth the other state. honestly, do you ever see Floridians retire and move to new york? Does anyone ever move to new york on there own free will besides NYC for buisness. Look How fast the cities in FL are growing in population compared to New York cities like Buffalo who are in decay. The only people on here who prefur New York are New Yorkers who has grow accustom to it. Ill be relaxing in paradise , while you continue to defend your state in the typical rude New York manner and wonder why so many people deslike you.

If you had bothered to be fair --- you would have noticed that both states were being rude, defensive and bad mouthing the other state. In fact much of the thread is Polo talking to himself. In any case, its a shame because yet another thread is ruined by nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 09:48 AM

2,413 posts, read 5,753,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
NYers are known to be some of the friendliest people in the country.
AAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL, thanks for the laugh. Have you ever been to anywhere besides New york. And as someone who currently lives in FL, I see New Yorkers move down here alll the time and unfortunatly stay. Those Floridians you met who are rude were probably New Yorkers at one time.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:54 AM

2,413 posts, read 5,753,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
If you had bothered to be fair --- you would have noticed that both states were being rude, defensive and bad mouthing the other state. In fact much of the thread is Polo talking to himself. In any case, its a shame because yet another thread is ruined by nonsense.
If you had bothered to look back at some of the first posts, look who started the bad mouthing. New Yorkers, of coarse . With posts like "New Yorkers are way more educated than Floridians". Im just defending my state.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:42 AM

6,613 posts, read 16,597,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
New York for me, I don't like swamps.
But even if you did, NY has swamps, too!

Old 04-29-2009, 10:47 AM

12,894 posts, read 22,063,020 times
New York, hands down. Florida has a few positives but for me, It's New York all the way.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post

The only part of Florida that is livable is MIAMI
To visit, yes. To live in, no! You cannot know the livability of a place unless you try living there, no matter how many times you visit as a tourist.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Same could be said for NY.
upstate NY= high crime rate, nothing but farms, BRUTALLY cold weather.
The only livable part is NYC.
Yeah, ya gotta watch out for those criminal farmers in upstate NY!

Old 04-29-2009, 11:48 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,952,899 times
Quote:
AAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL, thanks for the laugh. Have you ever been to anywhere besides New york. And as someone who currently lives in FL, I see New Yorkers move down here alll the time and unfortunatly stay. Those Floridians you met who are rude were probably New Yorkers at one time.
I've traveled all over the country and world. I can thank college ice hockey for that one, and just leisurely trips

Most people would disagree with you. Many, many people say NYers are friendly and helpful people.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:54 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,494,232 times
Quote:
The floridians that i met were rednecks

Old 04-29-2009, 11:56 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,494,232 times
The Dukes of Hazzard (rednecks) + The Golden Girls (snowbirds) = Florida
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City