Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has overall better climate?
New York City 64 26.02%
Los Angeles 170 69.11%
None of them 12 4.88%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 07:18 PM

804 posts, read 2,401,400 times

Advertisements

this is what you get in LA.

Old 12-31-2009, 07:39 PM

71 posts, read 80,894 times
^ I would pass on that pic and the LA weather, too hot.

Obviously, I'm in the minority weather wise.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:36 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,300,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantabuckhead View Post

The average summer maximum temperature in downtown L.A. is around 85 degrees. About the same as New York but without the high humidity.

Old 12-31-2009, 11:00 PM

172 posts, read 273,545 times
LA has weather, NY has life.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:35 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,695,022 times
It could be said that Los Angeles weather is more comfortable compared to New York City. I must admit the warm sun hitting your skin actually feels good in a way. I wouldn't have said this years ago though. As to which city has better weather, well that depends on the person and what they prefer. I'll be visiting NYC this summer and I'll get a chance to experience what the summer over there is like. Different strokes for different folks.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:36 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times
More tolerable weather- LA
Experience of all seasons- NYC

Old 05-13-2010, 06:16 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,384,032 times
Comfort is, of-course, relative to individual preference. But I believe the typical person prefers a mild to warm climate. The issue of comparing climates is being discussed on the Chicago versus Los Angeles thread so I have the data handy.

The difference between the coldest and warmest months is 47 degrees in NYC compared to only 17 degrees in Los Angeles. Coldest month for both cities is January. Average maximum in New York is 36F while average January maximum is 68F in LA. Hottest month of the year is July in New York at 83F while August is the hottest month in Los Angeles at 85F.

New York has a typical continental U.S. climate of cold winters w/ regular rainfall or snow. Los Angeles experiences a southern Mediterranean winter of mild sunny days with occasional rainfall. Summers in New York are fairly humid and warm with occasional storms. Summers in LA are dry & warm w/ virtually no rainfall.

Average Weather for New York, NY - Temperature and Precipitation

Average Weather for Los Angeles, CA - Temperature and Precipitation

Old 05-13-2010, 06:17 PM

113 posts, read 553,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfstreamliberal View Post
LA has weather, NY has life.

because surfing, hiking, skiing, boarding, shopping, eating at awesome restaurants, going to all of the farmers markets, watching the lakers / clippers / dodgers / galaxy / kings / sparks, hitting the club scene, going to a museum, spending a day at the getty, watching the phil, doing the art walk, or just driving your car on one of the most insanely gorgeous canyon roads that you could imagine and having a blast isn't life....

Old 05-13-2010, 06:22 PM

725 posts, read 1,510,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantabuckhead View Post

Sorry i don't think you have been there for any amount of time if you think its too hot. LA has beautiful weather. Even if it's hot... it's not sticky, humid hot like in the south. It's a dry heat so you don't feel it as much. I go with LA. NY isn't as cold as I initially thought, but I still dont do snow. LA all day

Old 05-13-2010, 06:23 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Comfort is, of-course, relative to individual preference. But I believe the typical person prefers a mild to warm climate. The issue of comparing climates is being discussed on the Chicago versus Los Angeles thread so I have the data handy.

The difference between the coldest and warmest months is 47 degrees in NYC compared to only 17 degrees in Los Angeles. Coldest month for both cities is January. Average maximum in New York is 36F while average January maximum is 68F in LA. Hottest month of the year is July in New York at 83F while August is the hottest month in Los Angeles at 85F.

New York has a typical continental U.S. climate of cold winters w/ regular rainfall or snow. Los Angeles experiences a southern Mediterranean winter of mild sunny days with occasional rainfall. Summers in New York are fairly humid and warm with occasional storms. Summers in LA are dry & warm w/ virtually no rainfall.

Average Weather for New York, NY - Temperature and Precipitation

Average Weather for Los Angeles, CA - Temperature and Precipitation
Nice post! Lol yeah NYC's weather is identical to Chicago's.

Overall, LA has better weather than the other two cities. But if you want to let the inner kid in you live with a white X-Mas, then the other two come in handy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City