Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has the best culture, food, and quality of life?
Chicago 140 31.25%
New York 194 43.30%
San Francisco 114 25.45%
Voters: 448. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 12:51 AM

318 posts, read 321,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown1 View Post
thefinalcult=Dementor wannabe?
Look at this! Another Chicago homer, a true Midwestern expert on fine art and culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 06:18 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,370,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalcut View Post
\

Have you ever had good food in Chicago? There was a NJ/NY actor on the Good Night show in Chicago last week and when asked about Chicago food he praised great steak houses but was hard pressed to name one and after hesitation named Rosebud.

I have never had good food in Chicago, most of the time it is too greasy and chefs do terrible jobs with spicies, either too much or too little.
Dementor, you obviously have never eaten in Chicago, and are delusional to what it offers as its a great food city. Or maybe you just wont admit it

One of your original points was that Chicago was league's behind LA and SF, which you were proven wrong. Its too bad you hate Chicago dining more than you like New Yorks

Old 08-12-2009, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
coldwine's exaggerating one way, but it looks like you're doing it in the other. Number 8 on a global list for top food cities is pretty good. Plus there was that No Reservations episode on Chicago that was fairly glowing, and I remember some shmancy article someone put up earlier about Chicago becoming a hot bed for interesting cuisine.
Yeah, i read a similar article in GQ or something, regarding Chicago's foray into molecular gastronomy. The No Reservations episode was great;unfortunately, i haven't been to a couple places (L20, hot dougs) so i may have to make a road trip.

Last edited by gichicago; 08-12-2009 at 07:06 AM..

Old 08-12-2009, 06:52 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,476,121 times
I really love all three cities, but I would have to say, Chicago.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:40 AM

2,567 posts, read 3,639,310 times
Wait...

Help me out here. Has dementor-finalcut-eorus1-advocutusvulva now added Sv-4 to the alias repitoire? I need to keep these straight for my research on him (them, its). And, do we need to call the U.S. Census Bureau and tell them to increase White Plains population by "1"?
"Hey, White Plains Census guy, check under your bridges, you have a new troll in town. Thanks."

Old 08-12-2009, 09:36 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,806,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLake View Post
Wait...

Help me out here. Has dementor-finalcut-eorus1-advocutusvulva now added Sv-4 to the alias repitoire? I need to keep these straight for my research on him (them, its). And, do we need to call the U.S. Census Bureau and tell them to increase White Plains population by "1"?
"Hey, White Plains Census guy, check under your bridges, you have a new troll in town. Thanks."
And he's been banned at least twice.

Let's see how long it takes this time.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:39 AM

2,567 posts, read 3,639,310 times
Quote:
Look at this! Another Chicago homer, a true Midwestern expert on fine art and culture.
wow, you ripped him a new one. Take it easy on us dementor.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
How does it matter where was the magazine published? Yes, Chicago must be a great city, the article in a magazine said so...
You guys are incredible schhmucks.
Well, its funny you mentioned that when you yourself published a link in one of your posts. But then again, you're probably also upset that a magazine in the Media capital of the Universe ranked NYC BELOW Paris and Tokyo. You can't discredit a publication because you dont agree with them!

Until you actually post some restaurants you've been, im not convinced you actually have eaten in any place in Chicago, or New york for that matter. Reading about restaurants and actually eating at them are two separate things, you know

Old 08-12-2009, 11:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,777,767 times
Why would anyone, especially a New Yorker, care if New York, Paris, Tokyo are shuffled around in top ranks? Why would that be an insult?

It's better than being compared to Dallas or Miami in Chicago's case.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:46 PM

17 posts, read 39,518 times
Chicago should be left out of this poll. San francisco and New York are the best not Chicago. What's to do there anyway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City