Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 05:03 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,781,709 times

Advertisements

Tupac grew up in Marlyand and New York, had a short stint in the bay, and gained fame in LA.

Outside of the internet and maybe the Lesbian Gay movment and all that other liberal stuff the bay area has Zero influence on us. Get over that internet stuff, it was invented like 15-20 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 05:42 PM

55 posts, read 210,685 times
2pac gained fame in the bay. He lived there from 88-94. His first 3 albums, 2pacalypse Now, Strictly for my..., and Me against the World all came out while he was living in the bay. Most of his guests on tracks are other bay area rappers Its the region he most identified with until he signed with death row.

Maybe you should do some research yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
Tupac grew up in Marlyand and New York, had a short stint in the bay, and gained fame in LA.

Outside of the internet and maybe the Lesbian Gay movment and all that other liberal stuff the bay area has Zero influence on us. Get over that internet stuff, it was invented like 15-20 years ago.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:46 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,391,257 times
because 2pac lived in Oakland doesn't make SF #2 in terms of influence

Old 05-03-2009, 05:49 PM

That was listed among many other reasons: The 60's hippie movement (do you think there would have been a Woodstock without SF?) and Berkeley protest culture, the gay movement, the internet, etc. etc...
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
because 2pac lived in Oakland doesn't make SF #2 in terms of influence

Old 05-03-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroJimmy View Post
2pac gained fame in the bay. He lived there from 88-94. His first 3 albums, 2pacalypse Now, Strictly for my..., and Me against the World all came out while he was living in the bay. Most of his guests on tracks are other bay area rappers Its the region he most identified with until he signed with death row.

Maybe you should do some research yourself.

Everyone knows tupac was just another grit and grinder in the bay (this is how the bay area is, all their stars are nobodies: Tooshort, e40, geek the sneak, )

Death Row is who made tupac. Get your fact's straight. Virtually all of tupacs artistic tallent was fosterd at the all white high school in maryland he went to.

The bay area was just a rest stop before his claim to fame. That's why tupac never repped the bay. He knew who he owed his dues to, LA.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:57 PM

Thats not true, he repped the bay all the time and had tons of bay rappers with him. Do you listen to his music? And Strictly for my... and Me Against the World both went multi-platinum and had hit singles and videos, both were released when he lived in the bay.

Incidentally, much of the slang that is associated with LA rap (foshizzle my nizzle, playa hata, etc.) came from the bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
Everyone knows tupac was just another grit and grinder in the bay (this is how the bay area is, all their stars are nobodies: Tooshort, e40, geek the sneak, )

Death Row is who made tupac. Get your fact's straight. Virtually all of tupacs artistic tallent was fosterd at the all white high school in maryland he went to.

The bay area was just a rest stop before his claim to fame. That's why tupac never repped the bay. He knew who he owed his dues to, LA.

Old 05-03-2009, 06:02 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,391,257 times
Quote:
Thats not true, he repped the bay all the time and had tons of bay rappers with him. Do you listen to his music? And Strictly for my... and Me Against the World both went multi-platinum and had hit singles and videos, both were released when he lived in the bay.

Incidentally, much of the slang that is associated with LA rap (foshizzle my nizzle, playa hata, etc.) came from the bay.
Pac made a joint called "To Live and Die in LA"- not "To Live and Die in Oakland"...shows how much he cared for Oakland- he didn't even want to die there

Old 05-03-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:

Tupac did Not rep the bay all the time. I listen to plenty of his music. He hardly repped the bay at all. And those terms did not come from the bay.

Hella, oaklandish, hyphy, grimey, and bruh, are terms that come from the bay. Foshizzle is straight long beach buddy, were you even a teen ager in the 90's?

Old 05-03-2009, 06:05 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,530,843 times
alright, here we go...

YouTube - 2Pac - California Love

Old 05-03-2009, 06:21 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,344,980 times
Quote:
Its half an hour away.
If you drive fast enough. But oh no, everyone in San Francisco got rid of their cars (and it felt so good)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City