Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which area do you like better?
Times Square (NYC) 167 78.04%
LA Live (LA) 47 21.96%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 11:41 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,060,443 times

Advertisements

I voted for LA Live because I like the city of Los Angeles more than New York City, and I thought Los Angeles could use another vote.

NYC is a great city, I just happen to love LA a lot, 6th favorite city.

But if you see my post on the last page which evidently revived this thread from a long period of dormancy I gave NYC it's props.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 11:11 AM

573 posts, read 1,361,745 times
once LA Central is complete and other highrises around are complete two then LA Live and TS will be comparable

Old 05-30-2011, 11:31 AM

1,103 posts, read 2,263,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge112597 View Post
once LA Central is complete and other highrises around are complete two then LA Live and TS will be comparable
yeah right. times square is also growing.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:34 AM

1,103 posts, read 2,263,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
entertainment, beauty, and culture.
brighton beach is a russian neighborhood full of russian clubs and russian restaurants. santa monica and venice beach are little tourist traps on the beach. brighton beach and coney island kick the crap out of venice and santa monica. all venice and santa monica have on it is that they're not as concrete and dirty but some people like that about ny.

Old 05-30-2011, 01:16 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,533,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
brighton beach is a russian neighborhood full of russian clubs and russian restaurants. santa monica and venice beach are little tourist traps on the beach. brighton beach and coney island kick the crap out of venice and santa monica. all venice and santa monica have on it is that they're not as concrete and dirty but some people like that about ny.
Santa Monica is a separate and fairly upscale small city that's a desirable place to live with a somewhat touristy beachfront area... Venice Beach is a bohemian beach neighborhood that's been more gentrified recently and has the attraction of being built on canals. I like Coney Island and Brighton Beach for the atmosphere, but it's basically a cool old school amusement park and Russian district surrounded by housing projects. It's fun to visit but isn't really a place most people would chose to live near.

Old 05-30-2011, 01:18 PM

13 posts, read 32,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
Nothing can beat time square..
Exactly what you said, easy win for NYC!!

Old 05-30-2011, 02:05 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,250,592 times
Definately Times Square but in and around LA Live more is on the way. Much more. Not that it will rival TS but it sure will be nice.

Old 05-30-2011, 03:02 PM

5,464 posts, read 5,715,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Santa Monica is a separate and fairly upscale small city that's a desirable place to live with a somewhat touristy beachfront area... Venice Beach is a bohemian beach neighborhood that's been more gentrified recently and has the attraction of being built on canals. I like Coney Island and Brighton Beach for the atmosphere, but it's basically a cool old school amusement park and Russian district surrounded by housing projects. It's fun to visit but isn't really a place most people would chose to live near.
Just for clarification, its the other way around. The projects are at Coney Island and they are surrounded by nice neighborhoods - Sea Gate, Gravesend, Brighton Beach, and Manhattan Beach.

Old 09-04-2017, 06:55 PM

18 posts, read 14,392 times
L.a live

Old 09-04-2017, 07:09 PM

1,849 posts, read 1,810,663 times
Dang iPhone issues - voted for NY but wanted to cast my vote for LA live.

In Times Square, it's a pocketed zone where you feel cornered (good spots there no doubt though.) At least at LA live you can score free parking and take advantage of many hotel pools / hottubs if you sneak in. And BTW rarely is anyone ever checking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City