Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer??
Texas cities 120 59.70%
Florida cities 81 40.30%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 05:35 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,747,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverestClimb View Post
Not many people I have ever talked to think they are "stuck" in Florida. You must talk to all the bitter ones or something because most completely enjoy it here
Her parents, HAHAHA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 05:43 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,747,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely95 View Post
Not all the beaches have brown water, let me say that. I think if they can manicure the decent ones, they'll be on par.

Edit: Come on, like this doesn't have potential?

It is no where near as built up as Florida beaches, but imagine if it was?

blue water

Definitely right now I would choose Florida beaches being the prettiest(there are some gross Texas beaches), but if a place like SPI really knows what it's doing, it can look really good imo.
(Please don't get offended by this, I really don't want to go into a long argument about this. I'm just saying that there is potential.)
I think both are great states by the way! Heres to Miami!

(Damn copyright laws, can't get a good picture of anything!)
Some times I forget how beautiful some of the beaches in Texas are.

Old 07-10-2009, 06:06 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,579,836 times
That sure is SPI, polo. One reason I am supporting SPI is because I read a document talking about how great and amazing the island wants to become and they even realized that they had a lot to work on(poor lawn maintenance, outdated architecture, average shopping, etc.) I just feel that if somewhere wants to be great and is actually trying, then they deserve some support. At least they're not just sitting around dreaming of it because they really are taking steps.

Back to topic, I would choose Texas, but I like Miami though and Jacksonville isn't so bad to me personally. It never really gets mentioned a lot. Some of the best Florida cities to me are the smaller ones, though.

Old 07-10-2009, 06:29 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely95 View Post
Not all the beaches have brown water, let me say that. I think if they can manicure the decent ones, they'll be on par.

Edit: Come on, like this doesn't have potential?

It is no where near as built up as Florida beaches, but imagine if it was?

blue water

Definitely right now I would choose Florida beaches being the prettiest(there are some gross Texas beaches), but if a place like SPI really knows what it's doing, it can look really good imo.
(Please don't get offended by this, I really don't want to go into a long argument about this. I'm just saying that there is potential.)
I think both are great states by the way! Heres to Miami!

(Damn copyright laws, can't get a good picture of anything!)
Yeah I was talking about Galveston only. I already know that SPI doesn't have brown water. SPI has alot of potential.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:48 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,949,325 times
Corpus' waters aren't that bad either, but SPI has the best beaches in the state. There is nothing Galveston can really do about it's brown water. Galveston needs to focus on getting more shopping to the island. Get something like the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica. I have heard that many of the piers are getting redeveloped, too, which is a good thing. Especially after Hurricane Ike.

Old 07-11-2009, 02:13 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,929,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
Her parents, HAHAHA

You really assume 2 people are miserable just based on a chat board? Just because a person doesn't like where they live, doesn't mean they're a miserable person

Old 07-11-2009, 04:01 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,696,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Please enlighten us on why chain restaurants are better in Orlando then in any other city in the US? Because Orlando food to me tastes no better then a microwave meal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
good for you.
LOl no answer....???

Old 07-11-2009, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Florida cities appeal more to me than Texas cities. Florida is a very beautiful state that I will definitely live in. Texas is nice too but I couldn't see myself living in a Texas city.
Me neither..

Old 07-11-2009, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
That wont stop them. Most of these people bash the south (esp Florida)with over exaggerations and lies on a daily basis. Kind of makes you wonder if they have any real reason to hate it in the first place that isnt based on jealousy.
Nobody would be jealous of FL because it does not have too much to offer? So why be jealous?

Old 07-11-2009, 10:07 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
^^^FL has plenty to offer. Just not for YOU. I know plenty of YOUNG people who would love to live down there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City