Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Lifestyle is for you?
LA Lifestyle 26 45.61%
NY Lifestyle 31 54.39%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 06:18 PM

318 posts, read 322,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
Well thanks for such a helpful contribution, but I was actually attempting to steer the conversation back to something less chaotic. Thank you for once again lowering the level back to mudslinging. You're such an asset to this forum lol.

But to anyone else who actually can respond to what I had previously posted, I would like to know peoples' non-biased opinions. Obviously I was leaving YOU out of this since you've already shown how limited your views are.

Well if by opinions you mean you heard but haven't experienced than I can's see how usefull can it be.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:20 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,026,768 times
Quote:
Actually its good that you're saying that here. Wasn't it you a week or two ago that was arguing with me that single family homes were destroying our environment and that multi-family homes (read: apartments and condos) is what we should all be adopting for our future??

All the options you've listed exist in LA as well, buddy! So I wouldn't really say either one has more of an even amount of options. NYC has more multi-unit building, LA has more single family homes. If you don't like people talking about NYC as though it ONLY has that type of an option, then don't talk about LA as though its nothing but residential neighborhoods made up of single family homes surrounding Hollywood and bordered by a beach. If you want a fair comparison, then you need to give one as well.
Well if you look how dense and close together everything is there is a big difference. For example LA barely has any parks, a not so good public transportation system and city infrastructure. Almost every house in LA takes alot of space for yards right. In NYCs case alot of house are small have small yards but good enough for many people. Alot of houses in here are 2-3 family homes even if it looks single family. Like my friend who lives on the third floor of a regular house as an apartment but its not very noticeable. Second Why do think NYC is more dense. The average NY'er uses lesses energy. So the amount of parks and public spaces, mass transportation fleet(also green), small dense housing, etc all balance everything out.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,779,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
LA's Beverly Hills is cited in the latest Forbes ranking as having a more expensive zip code than anywhere in NYC..featured in Luxist online..the premier luxury market site for all luxury items

I guess LA is not just one big ghetto

Luxist

Most expensive zip code in the country (Forbes’ latest list) | Aspen Real Estate - Keith Hartigan - View West Properties Aspen (http://www.viewwestaspen.com/blog/index.php?p=18 - broken link)
No. The wealthiest zip code in the United States is in Manhattan per the IRS. So is the second, the fourth, the fifth, the sixth and so fourth. Beverly Hills is not even in the top 30.

You might want to use more credible sources.

100 wealthiest zip codes in the United States

Old 07-17-2009, 06:21 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,026,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Every week at Barney's, huh?
Not just Barney's but alot of places. Maybe we know how to manage our money better for our needs.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:22 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,824,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russianoligarch View Post
No. The wealthiest zip code in the United States is in Manhattan per the IRS. So is the second, the fourth, the fifth, the sixth and so fourth.

You might want to use more credible sources.

100 wealthiest zip codes in the United States
And the moRE expensive ZIP CODE IS 90210

Old 07-17-2009, 06:23 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,488,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalcut View Post
Thanks bud, maybe I just hire you to correct my errors? You seem to have plenty of free time on your hands.
Not too much at the moment actually, but this has been too funny to leave quite yet.

"maybe I just hire you to correct my errors?" Maybe you just do that. And thanks again for yet ANOTHER one lmao. Maybe you should? Maybe you did? I'm not even sure which one you meant here, but thanks for all the comedy! But I'd rather just point them out as you continue to produce such a hefty supply of them while calling others out for not using correct English.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:24 PM

318 posts, read 322,058 times
Quote:
Not too much at the moment actually, but this has been too funny to leave quite yet.

"maybe I just hire you to correct my errors?" Maybe you just do that. And thanks again for yet ANOTHER one lmao. Maybe you should? Maybe you did? I'm not even sure which one you meant here, but thanks for all the comedy! But I'd rather just point them out as you continue to produce such a hefty supply of them while calling others out for not using correct English.
Have fun. I suspect it's the most you can get.

804 posts, read 2,405,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russianoligarch View Post
That article said nothing about ny being number 1. It was rather a person's opinion.

8,654 posts, read 10,196,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityGuy View Post
Not just Barney's but alot of places. Maybe we know how to manage our money better for our needs.
er, ok...

Old 07-17-2009, 06:25 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,824,188 times
Russian..We had this argument before when you were using your other online alias..I'm not going to dispute facts here..Nyc may hold claim to the wealthier zip codes,but LA has the more expensive zip, and so does Newport Beach
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City