Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Lifestyle is for you?
LA Lifestyle 26 45.61%
NY Lifestyle 31 54.39%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 06:09 PM

8,609 posts, read 10,140,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianoligarch View Post
LOL - Houston has Barneys (co-op). Do you think the quality and quantity are the same as the Barneys in New York?

When Barneys sets up shop in Podunk, they usually stock the store with the blandest and cheapest items. They've got to keep it at a certain price point and at a lower-taste level since most people in Scottsdale could never decipher the difference between Target and Gucci, for instance. And the good high-end items you would find at the real Barneys in New York are too fashion froward for Scottsdale so the store will be basically stocked with low-end crap.
Wow. You are surely throwing out alot of harassing remarks today, and they're actually quite ignorant. Scottsdale is far from podunk, but I wouldn't ask the many $30,000 millionaire NY'ers who visit there frequently. They're the ones who shop the upscale stores once a year.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:11 PM

318 posts, read 320,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
Yep, just like LA, Miami and Vegas. But from what I've always heard (and not yet experienced), DC has the best clubs in the country. Anyone who's not gonna bash or is not hellbent on making NYC win at everything care to agree/disagree??
OK, got it. You haven't experienced it yet you feel compelled to post.. Good job.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,772,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Wow. You are surely throwing out alot of harassing remarks today, and they're actually quite ignorant. Scottsdale is far from podunk, but I wouldn't ask the many $30,000 millionaire NY'ers who visit there frequently. They're the ones who shop the upscale stores once a year.
No no no. Rich New Yorkers shop in the fashion capital of the world - their home town. And if not New York, then the other capitals - Paris, Milan, London.

Why would a wealthy New Yorker even step foot into a clothing store in Scottsdale? You might as well dig through a trash can in Queens.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Right. I got to know rich Europeans who fly to shop in New York (they said it is cheap compared to Paris or Milan) yet rich New Yorkers have to come to Scottsdale. Is this because so many great designers are living and producing there?

Old 07-17-2009, 06:13 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,472,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalcut View Post
I do not think Sanscrit would helpo you much....
Not too proficient with the HTML either, eh? Well I neither desire Sanskrit (that's how its actually spelled in what we call "English" ), nor do I require any "helpo." But thanks for mentioning that, I guess?

Seriously, try some ESL classes. With someone who's as into such a glamorous lifestyle as you claim to be, you should easily be able to afford them.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
No no no. Rich New Yorkers shop in the fashion capital of the world - their home town.

And if not New York, then Paris or Milan.
I wasn't speaking of the 'real' affluent New Yorkers. They're the ones less pretentious. People with money do not have to flaunt it. The others, well...

Old 07-17-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Right. I got to know rich Europeans who fly to shop in New York (they said it is cheap compared to Paris or Milan) yet rich New Yorkers have to come to Scottsdale. Is this because so many great designers are living and producing there?
Read my post above.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
Not too proficient with the HTML either, eh? Well I neither desire Sanskrit (that's how its actually spelled in what we call "English" ), nor do I require any "helpo." But thanks for mentioning that, I guess?

Seriously, try some ESL classes. With someone who's as into such a glamorous lifestyle as you claim to be, you should easily be able to afford them.
Thanks bud, maybe I just hire you to correct my errors? You seem to have plenty of free time on your hands.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
OK, got it. You haven't experienced it yet you feel compelled to post.. Good job.
Well thanks for such a helpful contribution, but I was actually attempting to steer the conversation back to something less chaotic. Thank you for once again lowering the level back to mudslinging. You're such an asset to this forum lol.

But to anyone else who actually can respond to what I had previously posted, I would like to know peoples' non-biased opinions. Obviously I was leaving YOU out of this since you've already shown how limited your views are.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
No no no. Rich New Yorkers shop in the fashion capital of the world - their home town. And if not New York, then the other capitals - Paris, Milan, London.

Why would a wealthy New Yorker even step foot into a clothing store in Scottsdale? You might as well dig through a trash can in Queens.
I never realized trash cans in Queens had brand new Barneys clothes sold from them! Queens trash cans, here I come!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City