Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Better Skyline
Raleigh, Nc 45 56.96%
Norfolk, Va 34 43.04%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 02:32 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,311,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro.m View Post
Wow. This post isn't surprising. It's amazing how obsessed you are with Raleigh.

BTW. Hampton Roads>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Raleigh and Charlotte metros. Just too damn expensive to live there.
I see what you're saying but I humbly disagree. When I was there for college from Charlotte it took some getting used to. Hampton Roads has a different vibe than Raleigh and Charlotte definitely, but some individuals may not like it. The Norfolk area is the truest military town in the country and it is a true coastal town. If someone really likes this then they can handle Norfolk. Otherwise it may not be a good fit. BTW, I don't care what anyone says, Norfolk is the CBD of Hampton Roads. The whole city is mad dense and urban.

Old 12-25-2009, 08:36 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,345,486 times
View of Downtown Norfolk - Portsmouth - Virginia - 11 December 2009 on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/goatlockerguns/4185816245/ - broken link)

Flickr with the lights on downtown buildings.

Old 12-26-2009, 03:20 PM

415 posts, read 1,210,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adavi215 View Post
I see what you're saying but I humbly disagree. When I was there for college from Charlotte it took some getting used to. Hampton Roads has a different vibe than Raleigh and Charlotte definitely, but some individuals may not like it. The Norfolk area is the truest military town in the country and it is a true coastal town. If someone really likes this then they can handle Norfolk. Otherwise it may not be a good fit. BTW, I don't care what anyone says, Norfolk is the CBD of Hampton Roads. The whole city is mad dense and urban.
Yeah Raleigh has this hands down Norfolk just aint got the height that Raleigh has nor the density, Sorry but this one seems unfair Raleigh smashes this one!

https://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...ach-state.html

Last edited by stefansanity; 12-26-2009 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 12-27-2009, 12:19 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,880,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefansanity View Post
Yeah Raleigh has this hands down Norfolk just aint got the height that Raleigh has nor the density, Sorry but this one seems unfair Raleigh smashes this one!

https://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...ach-state.html
It's true that Norfolk's skyline isn't as tall as Raleigh's, but in terms of density, they are about the same. I voted for Raleigh, but I don't think it's an unfair comparison at all. The two skylines are more or less evenly matched.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:58 PM

18 posts, read 44,339 times
Raleigh hands down

Old 06-22-2011, 01:06 PM

1,223 posts, read 2,268,400 times
Ehh, I say Norfolk in a toss up. I their buildings a little better.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:03 AM

Location: Just East of the Southern Portion of the Western Part of PA
1,272 posts, read 3,710,032 times
Neither are impressive, but Naaaaafolk has water and is a little easier on the eyes. They both seem like somebody quickly threw up some buildings cause somebody told them they needed a downtown area.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:10 AM

1,937 posts, read 4,714,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny C View Post
Neither are impressive, but Naaaaafolk has water and is a little easier on the eyes. They both seem like somebody quickly threw up some buildings cause somebody told them they needed a downtown area.

Totally agree, Norfolk wins though with the water, Raleigh is nasty. Cannot believe it is winning, oh yes I can, most everyone on here is from NC.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:04 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,880,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent6969 View Post
Totally agree, Norfolk wins though with the water, Raleigh is nasty.

Plus, this is about skylines, not the city as a whole. There's nothing "nasty" about Raleigh's skyline. This isn't Fresno we're talking about here.

I guess it just boggles your mind that people who aren't from NC can actually like something in NC. Not everybody has such a huge inexplicable irrational hatred of an entire state like you. I think you should really get some help for that and I sincerely mean that.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:01 PM

18 posts, read 44,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent6969 View Post
Totally agree, Norfolk wins though with the water, Raleigh is nasty. Cannot believe it is winning, oh yes I can, most everyone on here is from NC.

Please explain to me what about Raleigh is nasty? Obviously you have never been to Norfolk, 85% of the city is either slums, housing projects or railroad yards. I mean it's like, "come to downtown Norfolk and see the beautiful homeless shelter and the grocery store that's gone out of business...next we will stroll through Nordstrom where DIRECTLY across the street you can grab some popeye's chicken and tour one of the most dangerous housing projects in America" please give me a break, the whole area is just laughable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City