Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which has produced better hip-hop/rap? Bay Area (Oakland, Vallejo, SF, etc) or Houston?
Bay Area (Oakland, Vallejo, SF, etc.) 67 63.81%
Houston 38 36.19%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 11:17 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfresh View Post
devin the dude is lyrical...... that's what you just said..... i didnt say it, you did
devin the dude... is "lyrical"

now you tell me if the term "lyrical" applies to him, when compared to actual lyricists, such as
Big Pun
Nas
Jayz
Rakim
BIG
Eminem
Crooked I

does devin the dude belong on that list..
Yes

Old 08-17-2009, 11:19 AM

250 posts, read 246,247 times
Lmao!!!!

Old 08-17-2009, 04:50 PM

mac dre = the worse rapper mentioned in this thread and site

Old 08-17-2009, 05:00 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
Quote:
mac dre = the worse rapper mentioned in this thread and site
You're entitled to your opinion just like everyone else but very few people from the Bay Area would ever agree with that statement. Mac Dre is a Bay Area rap legend and for good reason. I'm not even a big fan of rap/hip hop anymore but have and will always like Mac Dre.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:05 PM

i was raised here trust me there are a lot of people that dont like mac dre. i know there is a lot of support for him and his "music" (mostly after he died) but everything about him is so gimmicky and corny i could never get into his mediocre music. thizzing? thizz face? that type of crap gave the bay area a bad name after establishing itself in the 90s with its signature mob sound. spice 1 > mac dre, any day of the week.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:12 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
Quote:
i was raised here trust me there are a lot of people that dont like mac dre. i know there is a lot of support for him and his "music" (mostly after he died) but everything about him is so gimmicky and corny i could never get into his mediocre music. thizzing? thizz face? that type of crap gave the bay area a bad name after establishing itself in the 90s with its signature mob sound. spice 1 > mac dre, any day of the week.
I do get what you're saying, I liked him more before he became really popular and immortalized by all the upper middle class white suburban kids after his death. Once he became popular and everyone started to do the thizz face crap and emulate his lingo and stuff it really turned me off. In high school (97-01), I couldn't stand all the suburban kids rolling around in mommies SUV blasting his music even though they had no clue who he was a year earlier. I still like his music/raps though, just not the culture that seemed to developed around him.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:15 PM

im sayin, its raining game, 1984, stupid doo doo dumb, dreganomics... that is when i could say i listened to mac dre without feeling ashamed of myself. his jail time didnt do anything to help the proliferation of his music and thats why i grew up listening to too short, 40, spice 1, RBL etc. sometimes i guess i od on putting his music down, but most of the stuff he made in his later years was just awful

Old 08-17-2009, 05:28 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:

and LOL @ people from houston actually trying to speak on "lyrics"... there is no such thing as a texan "lyricist" with the exception of scarface, bun b, and z-ro isn't bad but not in their league. k-rino is a poor man's, chinese bootleg version of canibus.. lol@ being impressed by his nonsensical thesaurus rap. "i wrestle with neutrons physically altering the third dimension y = x squared plus 8 nuclei transforming at the square root of my lyrical fission bomb."
who wants to listen to that crap? that's why canibus career is dead, same reason why only a fool would put "krino" aka wannabe canibus ahead of the greatest rapper to come out of texas, Scarface. face has collabed with the greatest rappers to ever do it (pac, nas, jayz) and held his own each time. what has the ecko rino done? i accept your apology
apology not needed as Texans can speak on anything especially lyricist whenever they want to. FACT: Scarface himself has said that K-Rino is a better lyricist than him. FACT: There are many other lyricists in the South Park Coalition. FACT: You don't know what you are talking about and don't try to pretend like you do. If you don't like listening to it, fine by me. But K-Rino has been doing this since the mid 80s and longer than Canibus. Scarface is not the greatest rapper out of the state of Texas and you being from California has no say on who is the greatest rapper from the state of Texas.

Oh and speak on what you know. You only looked at jluke's response and seen Devin the Dude. What about you responding to Strange Fruit Project, Verbal Seed, HISD? How about Kay of the Foundation, K-Otix, Headkrack. How about Gerald G, and Mojoe. Again, speak on what you know which evidently is not much when it comes to hip hop from Texas. Keep believing that the only hip hop we have is from the SUC and Swisahouse. You only make yourself look foolish about the scene.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:43 PM

ahahaha @ expectin random people from california to know these nobody ass bottom feedin rappers that never amounted to anything. gerald g? mojoe? LMAO
i heard of krino years back, gave him a quick listen and dismissed him as another phony with a lame gimmick of trying to jam multi syllabic words and scientific soundin gibberish in his corny music. his flow is all off, his content is irrelevant to any era in rap... scarface's music was relevant then and its relevant now. not even up to discussion where scarface ranks amongst the all time greats, he is an innovator, one of the best story tellers in all of hip hop.. but yea "krino" and his corny fake canibus style is better right? before Big was contemplatin suicide on ready to die, scarface had already done that. one of the realest to ever do it. the rest of these nobody ass rappers fall by the wayside, the same reason nobody mentions rappers like chino XL, canibus, cornball ass sage francis, etc.
additionally, i have no interest in wasting my time listenin to some obscure ass rappers most texans probably dont even bother with, when i grew up listenin to nas, jay, big pun, pac, bdk, kool g rap etc... but im supposed to listen to "moejoe" right.. hahahahah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City