Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which has produced better hip-hop/rap? Bay Area (Oakland, Vallejo, SF, etc) or Houston?
Bay Area (Oakland, Vallejo, SF, etc.) 67 63.81%
Houston 38 36.19%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 06:04 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,782,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by N130 View Post
I hate the way E40 talks though, sounds like he has food in his throat, it makes me want to duck-tape his mouth shut.
Keek the sneak is worse

Old 12-30-2009, 06:41 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,236,154 times
^keak the sneak has like his own language or something...and you either love it or hate it, i find. The funny thing is he actually spoke perfectly legible english when he first started rapping.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:24 AM

1,806 posts, read 4,311,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
Houston for the simple fact that we listen to chopped and screw around D.C / MD area.....at least I still do
These cats put it down independently for a long time now boys all over world love screw and that whole H-town scene even though its been going on for years.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:18 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,111 times
chopped and screwed is horrible. the sped up chipmunk sample was at least good for kanyes production for a year or 2, but listening to a regular song slowed down is like getting punched in the stomach for no reason

Old 01-03-2010, 08:32 AM

228 posts, read 460,244 times
I chose the Bay Area for reasons already stated by other people. However, I don't see why Atlanta wasn't at least considered because there has been lots of talent to come out of there.(T.I, Lil Wanye, Gucci Mane, Young Jeezy, Outkast, Rocko, and many others.)

Old 01-03-2010, 08:57 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat of the ATL View Post
I chose the Bay Area for reasons already stated by other people. However, I don't see why Atlanta wasn't at least considered because there has been lots of talent to come out of there.(T.I, Lil Wanye, Gucci Mane, Young Jeezy, Outkast, Rocko, and many others.)
The same reason Houston or the Bay area wasn't included in the poll between Atlanta and Dallas.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:08 AM

2,943 posts, read 5,073,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat of the ATL View Post
First of all, with the exception of OutKast, I wouldn't say any of those rappers are "talented."

Second, Lil Wayne is from New Orleans, not Atlanta, and he's pretty much single-handedly ruined hip-hop music.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:50 PM

As much as I hate wayne, I'll take him over 50 cent that was popular earlier in the decade. The only good outta that guy was the purple vitamin water.

Wayne sucks and he is ugly and uber ghetto but I respect how much time he puts in the studio. Dude puts in more work than tupac did. We are talking spending weeks living at a studio. I respect his hustle, not his music.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:58 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
As much as I hate wayne, I'll take him over 50 cent that was popular earlier in the decade. The only good outta that guy was the purple vitamin water.

Wayne sucks and he is ugly and uber ghetto but I respect how much time he puts in the studio. Dude puts in more work than tupac did. We are talking spending weeks living at a studio. I respect his hustle, not his music.
50 cent first album was good and Lil Wayne was once tolerable before his rock star transformation. I agree with you about Lil Wayne's dedication and hustle though. He puts in lots of work and time into his music and I definitely give him props for that. However his ego is unbelievable.

He let that Grammy and music sells from the carter 3 go straight to his head.

Old 01-03-2010, 03:08 PM

Wayne is smart, so was 50 cent though. They just operate differently. Both understand that as a mainstream rapper you got about a good 5 years or so to be on top, before you are old news, a legacy, not as fresh, etc. 50 invested in vitamin water and more or less became damn near a billioniare over night, Puff Daddy opened a resteraunt and clothing lines, Jay Z bought the Nets basketball team.

Little wayne is preparing his own way. He is just pushing as much music out and touring as much as possible, milking it all in until he is old news. People will tire of his sound and his message, its mainstream, thats what always happens. 8 years from now people will be talking about wayne the same way they talk about 50 cent(remember how Kanye out sold him on his last album that he tried to release ont he same day) now...antiquated...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City