Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which has produced better hip-hop/rap? Bay Area (Oakland, Vallejo, SF, etc) or Houston?
Bay Area (Oakland, Vallejo, SF, etc.) 67 63.81%
Houston 38 36.19%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 07:08 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,310,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theATLien View Post
type king of the south on goggle and see what pops up... TI! not Scarface

U aignt gotta be a fan of T.I. to know that as far as hip-hop he one of the top dawgs commin out the south.

It's between Lil Wayne and TI... really, and Wayne already said that TI the "King of the South". Who's Scarface...

Basically your claim is disputed and dismissed.
really? lol

Old 03-08-2010, 07:13 PM

902 posts, read 2,787,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
How's the female rap scene in the Bay Area?? It seems we never talk about female rappers in these type of forums.
To be honest, I don't know. I could tell you about a female rapper from Sacramento though who spits straight fire. She is the wife of Sacramento gangsta rapper Brotha Lynch Hung and she has been rappin since the early 90's at least. As far as I know she could have been rapping since the mid 80's like lynch, but who knows.

YouTube - Brotha Lynch Hung - Locc 2 da Brain

Old 03-08-2010, 07:15 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,322,974 times
lol wut brotha lynch is married.. what kind of sht.. that is one demented son of a btch.
rest in **** was sick tho.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:24 PM

902 posts, read 2,787,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
lol wut brotha lynch is married.. what kind of sht.. that is one demented son of a btch.
rest in **** was sick tho.
Yeah as far as I know he has been married for a long time. I'm she goes both ways though and they have an open relationship type of thing lol, but yeah lynch is one twisted and scary mofo lol.

Old 03-09-2010, 05:34 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,098,986 times
Fat Pat, Z-Ro, South Park Mexican, Trae, UGK, Scarface and The Geto Boys, Big Pokey, Devin The Dude, Big Mike, Magno, 5TH Ward Boyz, Big Mello, Botany Boyz, ESG, Lil KeKe, K-Rino, Street Military, most of those other dudes who have been in or affiliated with Screwed Up Click, ABN, or Swishahouse like H.A.W.K. and Big Moe.

I have to go with HOUSTON by FAR, but I'm a fan of both Houston and Bay Hip Hop, I listen to underground material from both. I like how the Bay can go from those cool club slap/thizz/hyphy songs all the way too some serious conscious material. I know about cats like Messy Marv, Too Short, Luniz but I gotta go with HOUSTON.

Old 03-09-2010, 05:51 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,098,986 times
ATLien, I'm from GA, but to act like Scarface is a Nobody is just not right at all.

For the people who hate on the south, there are lots of good acts that dont necessarily get alot of radio currently

Check out Albums and mixtapes by people like

Nappy Roots (Kentucky)
Devin The Dude (Houston)
Little Brother (North Carolina)
Dirty (Montgomery, Alabama)
Stat Quo (ATL) - was with Eminem's Shady Aftermath
Bobby (Creekwater) - was/is with Eminem's Shady Aftermath
Eightball and MJG (Memphis)
Camoflauge (R.I.P. - Savannah, GA)
Cool Breeze (ATL)
Pastor Troy (ATL)
T-Rock (ATL) - used to be under Three Six Mafia's Hypnotized Minds label

I could go on and on.

Samples by some of those dudes

T-Rock

YouTube - t-rock - Prosperity Over Poverty - On The Grind (Rock Solid

YouTube - T-Rock - War Zone

Pastor Troy
YouTube - Pastor Troy - For My Soldiers !!!

YouTube - Pastor Troy-We Ready I Declare War-Ain't No Sunshine

YouTube - Pastor Troy - Move to Mars

Dirty

YouTube - Dirty Boyz "No More Tears"

YouTube - candy man- dirty boyz

Old 03-09-2010, 09:53 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,951,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
ATLien, I'm from GA, but to act like Scarface is a Nobody is just not right at all.
ATLien dismissing Scarface as just a no-name rapper was probably the most ignorant thing said in this thread. The whole Diary album is an instant classic.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:18 AM

20,515 posts, read 33,527,366 times
Probably really young.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:43 AM

725 posts, read 1,510,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
i read t.i and lil wayne and automatically dismissed your retarded ass post as horse sht. lol never type to me again.
Well that's ur opinion and I'm gonna have mine. Somebody says Scarface is the king of the south. I disagree... I said it was TI. I proved my point at least.

And I talk to whoever I want... what u gonna do send me a virus... internet gangsta

Old 03-09-2010, 11:53 AM

725 posts, read 1,510,527 times
Calm down folks... I didn't imply that Scarface was a nobody, whack, or not talented... I actually said the dude can spit.

I merely meant that up until a few hours ago I did not know much about him... especially for him to be considered king of the south. When that was clearly exact word for word title for TI.

Maybe I am too young to rememeber. All the songs that I did hear from him came out when I was in grade school. I haven't heard anything from him at all lately. I don't see how that makes somebody king of the south and how its unreasonable to assume that TI is " king of the south"... when anytime one search's "King of the south" TI's name pops up everywhere.

Last edited by theATLien; 03-09-2010 at 12:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City