Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Oakland or JC
Oakland, CA 37 38.95%
Jersey City, NJ 58 61.05%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 10:59 AM

1,990 posts, read 7,632,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngchampion
thanks for the driving distances between each place i dont really care if new jersey was between brooklyn and queens, they are 2 DIFFERENT STATES

but i hear that's a common thing for people for new jersey to do, with their inferiority complexes and all, being so irrelevant living next to a behemoth city like nyc. im sure you feel that you're just an annex to their city.. very barnacle like qualities. hahahahhahaha
"the jets play in new jersey" awww
Yeah, if we go by your logic:

I guess people in Northern Virgina and southwestern Maryland, have an inferiority complex towards DC, cuz it's a seperate distinct municipality.

I guess people in Northwest Indiana and southern Wisconsin, have an iferiority complex towards Chicago, cuz its located in a different state and all.

I guess people in Eastern Ohio, and the panhandle of West Virginia, have an inferiority complex towards Pittsburgh, cuz that city is in a different state.

I guess people in Southern Indiana, have an inferiority complex towards Kentucky, cuz of that dang Louisville is located on the KT, side of Ohio River - the nerve of them!

I also, can't forget that people in South Jersey and Delaware have a HUGE inferiority complex towards Philadelphia. I mean, c'mon! It's located in PA!

How can I also forget that people in parts of Mississippi and Arkansas, feel inferior towards Memphis, I mean, I'll feel bad knowing I live on the wrong side of the river.

I known people who been to Windsor, Ontario. They tells me that everyone over there has a massive inferiority complex towards Detroit. I mean, it is in America, and it's located South of the US! How strange!

Either we could never have a serious intellectual debate on this forum, or a lot of people need to learn some simple geogpraphy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 11:02 AM

199 posts, read 220,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post

Nobody in NJ has inferiority complexes to NY.
Ye Olde Inferiority Complex - The New York Times

The Garden State's Inferiority Complex Strikes Again

The Public Realm, Part 2: New Jersey's Inferiority Complex | Bob's Corner | The Englewood Report

Beauty Beyond the Turnpike; Jokes Aside, New Jersey Tries to Shed Inferiority Complex - The New York Times

lol@ "where are you from?"
-new york
"what part"
-new jersey

Old 08-27-2009, 11:17 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,813,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngchampion View Post
but you're from new jersey. you lost before this thread was even created.
Yea, being in one of the most educated state, with some of the highest paying jobs, along with being sandwiched between NYC and Philly IS A BIG LOSS.
Why couldn't I be from NYC

Like I care if i wasn't born or raised in NYC, I had the necessity of it being right there living in NNJ (which i love), even if it is a whole different state, it was still closer than Oakland is to San Francisco... So I don' think I had it that bad.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:19 AM

1,990 posts, read 7,632,806 times

So, two article from the NYTimes from the early 90's, a random blog, and a clip from about.com, that is about the New Jersey Nets. Wow, you're really pulling straws at this point.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
So, two article from the NYTimes from the early 90's, a random blog, and a clip from about.com, that is about the New Jersey Nets. Wow, you're really pulling straws at this point.
He's been short handed since he first commented on this thread.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:23 AM

this is common knowledge, the only people who deny or try to act like new jersey doesn't have a huge inferiority complex being next to nyc are those who are from jersey lol

oh wait nvm you're right.. because all these "proud" nj residents really defend their hometown well by repeatedly mentioning new york city in their posts.. "im 2 miuntes from manhattan... im basically a new yorker... no really.. i actually am a new yorker i just live in new jersey... i promise... look if i work in nyc, and i hang out in nyc, that makes me a new yorker. plus the giants and jets play in jersey... we're basically new york city... yea, new jersey = new york city 6th borough........
.........."

so sad

Old 08-27-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngchampion View Post
there you go again trying to add bonus points to ur stink town by mentioning nyc
get it through your greasy head.. new jersey = not new york
"being in one of the most educated state, with some of the highest paying jobs, along with being sandwiched between NYC and Philly"

I wasn't talking about NY when i said this.
I honestly only go to NYC probably 3 or 4 times a year.

I love The NJ shore, some of the country's best food, the seasons, Jersey City, Atlantic City, Newark, the diversity, and that feeling of "home" when i leave NYC after an extended stay... I have it through my "greasy head"

lets start with letting out some air out of your enormous overbearing head so you can get over yourself.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:27 AM

arguments for new jersey that don't mention new york city over and over = non existent.

thank you for continuing to prove my point.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:27 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,559,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
"being in one of the most educated state, with some of the highest paying jobs, along with being sandwiched between NYC and Philly"

I wasn't talking about NY when i said this.
I honestly only go to NYC probably 3 or 4 times a year.

I love The NJ shore, some of the country's best food, the seasons, Jersey City, Atlantic City, Newark, the diversity, and that feeling of "home" when i leave NYC after an extended stay.

Maryland is America's Wealthiest State: New Jersey and Connecticut Follow Closely - Associated Content

Old 08-27-2009, 11:30 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,270,239 times
Youngchampion, have you ever been to New Jersey?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City