Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2012, 08:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,705 times

Advertisements

boy, what a bunch of losers on this post.
and the original poster is your typical black/afro-american male who is an anti-black woman racist who opened the floor up to a bunch of other racist black woman-haters from all over. if black women are so ugly, that makes you one ugly motherf*cker too, since you came from a black woman.

ever heard of the phrase "thou doth protest too much"? well furley and all of the other chicago-haters and black woman-haters sound like they got their poor little hearts broken in chicago, and now cant get over it. move on, live your life losers.

black women in chicago aren't checking for any of you ugly broke, trashy trolls. i'll never again come back to city data forum for reliable information since obviously only fake posts for controversy are allowed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 08:06 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,419,698 times
not from no point of view but new york city beats chicago in pretty much every category except cleaner streets and hot dogs, and maybe bars(maybe), and maybe skyline(maybe)

Honestly people who think chicago is better then new york are more into boring things.

when it comes to nightlife, fashion, faster paced society, better transit, more places to go and see and visit, women of all of sorts nyc blows chicago out of the water.

I have been to chicago 4 times i like the city but the saying is true that chicago is new york cities little brother and very little brother because chicago has some puberty to catch if its going to catch on to nyc levels.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:14 PM

2,342 posts, read 3,993,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
Honestly people who think chicago is better then new york are more into boring things.
Or they prefer a lower cost of living (I would), enjoy all the world class amenities Chicago offers, and can see the brightside of the lake when it comes to not dealing with sharp rocks at the bottom, undertoe, almost impenetrable currents, sharks and other dangerous marine life, and the disgusting taste of swallowing salt water. I personally don't like flat land but there are days when biking up a hill or walking up a hill or down a hill, I just get irritated of it and wish it was at level. I can see the positives to its situation.

Now I know I'm listing the cons of the NorCal coastline because that's where I live but Chicago is a great city that offers more than just about any other city not named NYC or LA. I put it equally on par with San Francisco and that's as a resident of the bay.

NYC is overrated. New Yorkers need to get over themselves, sure there are some enviable things about NYC, speaking of myself I envy all the great schools in its metro like NYU, Yale, Columbia, and Princeton and I feel NYC doesn't get the education capital of the world title, it deserves it not Boston. The shopping is great and food is ok, as a person of color your Chinese leaves much to be desired, and it doesn't seem like New Yorkers can tell the difference between Han and Cantonese. What a shame, for all that diversity goes its potential. What you pay to live there only makes sense to me if you're making a career for yourself, otherwise its a boring place when it comes to scenery and financial flexibility. Realistically can you afford to shop at the enviable stores on Madison and 5th? Can you afford to socialize and enjoy the great nightlife of the meatpacking district? Can you afford to live in a penthouse in Manhattan?

Most ordinary people cant and for them Chicago is a steal.

Last edited by scrantiX; 08-07-2012 at 08:22 PM..

Old 08-07-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantiX View Post
Or they prefer a lower cost of living (I would), enjoy all the world class amenities Chicago offers, and can see the brightside of the lake when it comes to not dealing with sharp rocks at the bottom, undertoe, almost impenetrable currents, sharks and other dangerous marine life, and the disgusting taste of swallowing salt water. I personally don't like flat land but there are days when biking up a hill or walking up a hill or down a hill, I just get irritated of it and wish it was at level. I can see the positives to its situation.

Now I know I'm listing the cons of the NorCal coastline because that's where I live but Chicago is a great city that offers more than just about any other city not named NYC or LA. I put it equally on par with San Francisco and DC and that's as a resident of the bay.

Truthfully NYC is overrated. What you pay to live there only makes sense to me if you're making a career for yourself, otherwise its a boring place when it comes to scenery and financial flexibility.
nyc is overrated so what does that make chicago or any other city in america? lol

thats the best part of the nyc hate is that people like you have nothing to prove of things that you say lol.

also know one is talking about the cost of living because im speaking about nyc on a tourist level, and the truth is as a tourist youll have more excitement and more things to see and do in nyc.

and you can say nyc is overrated all you want but nyc offers more and clearly our population is booming and everything is working well for it. Cant say the same for chicago though.

btw you do not need a career to live in nyc. That is yet another fantasy lie new york haters make up.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:26 PM

and btw i am a normal shopper on 5th avenue, and i party in the city all the time, and yes i can afford every single one of those items. A penthouse?? a penthouse is something of the luxary you need money for one of those everywhere in america.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:40 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,274,090 times
Ugh, enough with the ripping on Chicago threads. We get it, it's flawed -- every city has flaws -- Its also a really great city. NYC was probably still the best city in the world in the 70's and 80's even when it was a pile of hideous crime-ridden disease with bridges. I personally love both cities for very different reasons but this thread is just spreading the **** around.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:07 PM

684 posts, read 1,123,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
I'm a black woman who is from New York, but moving to Chicago. Jeesh, you black men make me sick. You complain about racism and racist attitudes, yet you diss black women in a public thread. You can't have it both ways.
It could be that precise attitude, Shaniqua.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:09 PM

684 posts, read 1,123,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tannaz View Post
boy, what a bunch of losers on this post.
and the original poster is your typical black/afro-american male who is an anti-black woman racist who opened the floor up to a bunch of other racist black woman-haters from all over. if black women are so ugly, that makes you one ugly motherf*cker too, since you came from a black woman.

ever heard of the phrase "thou doth protest too much"? well furley and all of the other chicago-haters and black woman-haters sound like they got their poor little hearts broken in chicago, and now cant get over it. move on, live your life losers.

black women in chicago aren't checking for any of you ugly broke, trashy trolls. i'll never again come back to city data forum for reliable information since obviously only fake posts for controversy are allowed.
My 2 cents:

I am not Black - and black women are pretty ugly. Its often the gross size or bad attitude. Lulz. No one wants you.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:27 PM

1,473 posts, read 2,151,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintgum84 View Post
My 2 cents:

I am not Black - and black women are pretty ugly. Its often the gross size or bad attitude. Lulz. No one wants you.
and that about all your view is worth

Old 08-10-2012, 11:45 PM

502 posts, read 718,253 times
Sounds like the OP's problem isn't Chicago and Chicago women, it's himself. With that mentality, he'll probably have a miserable life in NY also, haha. Life is what you make of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City