Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2009, 09:17 AM

787 posts, read 1,696,650 times

Advertisements

^^650,000? lol. Census says about that...minus 500,000!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 09:19 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,199,461 times
God the grammar in this thread makes me want to cry!

Old 09-15-2009, 12:32 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
I love Chicago. A lot of Chicagoans love Chicago.

Apparently that pisses off some people.

I really can't figure out why?

Be happy where you live. If your not, then move.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:07 PM

64 posts, read 162,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I love Chicago. A lot of Chicagoans love Chicago.

Apparently that pisses off some people.

I really can't figure out why?

Be happy where you live. If your not, then move.
Its not that people hate that you love Chicago, its more like people hate the Chicago mentality. Its a racist, stuck-up, pretentious, ignorant, judgemental, type of place. Completely not open to anything outside of what they consider the norm. Its over rated as ****!! see when this is all you really know then yea its the greatest place on earth. But once you actually experience something greater like say ummmm New York City...you see Chicago for what it really is. Its like dating the hottest girl in high school, you think you got the best thing cooking, that is until your first day in college, when the worse chick in your dorm makes her look like a wolf. You have experienced BETTER, and the illusion in your mind has been removed because you know better. And then you go home on Christmas break and she comes by to see you and she is acting stuck up as if you should be kissing her ass, and its laughable. Thats what New York is to Chicago, seriously.

Chicago from a black man's perspective, let me be a little more specific, from an educated/non-ghetto influenced black man's perspective is different than say a Chad/Trixie's perspective or Tyrone/Shaneika's (yes I coined this term feel free to use it) perspective. See to Chad/Trixie this place is heaven on earth they have the whole Northside/downtown to freely **** around with out anyone lifting a brow. If you are the typical southside/westside black bred/urban/ "hood" influenced type AKA Tyrone/Shaneika then you have the whole south and west side as a playground. But what about us people in the middle who dont fit in either group???As a black man who doesnt fit in either group this place is annoying because Im not super white bred nor am I super black bred, Im somewhere exactly in the middle.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:16 PM

787 posts, read 1,696,650 times
^^ Poor Ralph. Not white enough for the white kids, not black enough for the black kids. So sad.

Cry me a freaking river.

Anyways, I like many cities in this country just fine (Chi being one of 'em), and I don't fit into either one of your (ignorant) stereotypes. Anywhere is what you make of it.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:05 AM

1,110 posts, read 1,973,801 times
I don't know much about Chicago nor NYC, I would like to visit both cities one day to get a feel of both. Of course, I've only been to NYC when I was only 13 years old visiting with family, not yet as an adult. I can say without a shadow of a doubt, that NYC is just totally a different beast compared to anywhere else in America. I'm pretty there is some good qualities about Chicago as well. Like I said, I would eventually like to visit Chicago one day and get an adult experience in the Big Apple as well.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:44 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,199,461 times
damn ralph, lol. someone sure needs to take some happy pills and get over themselves!

Old 09-16-2009, 03:09 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Furley View Post
Its not that people hate that you love Chicago, its more like people hate the Chicago mentality. Its a racist, stuck-up, pretentious, ignorant, judgemental, type of place. Completely not open to anything outside of what they consider the norm. Its over rated as ****!! see when this is all you really know then yea its the greatest place on earth. But once you actually experience something greater like say ummmm New York City...you see Chicago for what it really is. Its like dating the hottest girl in high school, you think you got the best thing cooking, that is until your first day in college, when the worse chick in your dorm makes her look like a wolf. You have experienced BETTER, and the illusion in your mind has been removed because you know better. And then you go home on Christmas break and she comes by to see you and she is acting stuck up as if you should be kissing her ass, and its laughable. Thats what New York is to Chicago, seriously.

Chicago from a black man's perspective, let me be a little more specific, from an educated/non-ghetto influenced black man's perspective is different than say a Chad/Trixie's perspective or Tyrone/Shaneika's (yes I coined this term feel free to use it) perspective. See to Chad/Trixie this place is heaven on earth they have the whole Northside/downtown to freely **** around with out anyone lifting a brow. If you are the typical southside/westside black bred/urban/ "hood" influenced type AKA Tyrone/Shaneika then you have the whole south and west side as a playground. But what about us people in the middle who dont fit in either group???As a black man who doesnt fit in either group this place is annoying because Im not super white bred nor am I super black bred, Im somewhere exactly in the middle.

Weren't you already proven to be a liar and a fake?

It's pretty bad to try to stir up racial tension in an attempt to degrade Chicago.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:51 AM

49 posts, read 100,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Furley View Post

Sorry but i call BS.

If you're really from Chicago you would know there's plenty of places for non-"Tyrone/Shaneika" to gather. People in the know absolutely have no problem going out Monday-Sunday with different venues everyday.

Secondly what's up with "looks", haven't you learned that beauty is not always on the exterior.

Lastly you called Chicago "stuck-up, pretentious, ignorant, judgemental" yet went on talking about a city's beautiful women compared to another.

In all good luck and live well.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:31 PM

47 posts, read 165,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
I'm a black woman who is from New York, but moving to Chicago. Jeesh, you black men make me sick. You complain about racism and racist attitudes, yet you diss black women in a public thread. You can't have it both ways.
But, didn't he called NY black women GORGEOUS in his quote below?

"Where Chicago has many pretty caucasian women, average hispanic women, and ok looking black women... NY has GORGEOUS women of all ethnic groups (Jamaican, Dominican, Puerto Rican, Belize, Black, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, European) with fairly decent attitudes"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City