Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2010, 11:33 AM

346 posts, read 739,835 times

Advertisements

This is a wierd and abstract thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 11:58 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,419,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
Yeah same here...what person from Chicago would pick those two things (that any tourist will see if they spend a couple days downtown) to prove they're from Chicago? That guy was a total troll.
people like that exist in every city so he isnt a troll, he is just stating a opinion.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:43 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,561,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
people like that exist in every city so he isnt a troll, he is just stating a opinion.
Huh? He used those samples as proof that he's from Chicago. As if that was something only Chicagoans would know about when every tourist who comes here probably passes by that Old Navy preacher on one of the busiest shopping cities in the city, and can describe a random homeless guy they see downtown. It's like saying yeah here's proof I'm from Chicago - Wrigley Field serves Special Export. Just saying that if someone truly wants to make a big deal about proving they're from somewhere, how about going off the beaten path?

Old 09-30-2010, 12:57 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,419,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
Huh? He used those samples as proof that he's from Chicago. As if that was something only Chicagoans would know about when every tourist who comes here probably passes by that Old Navy preacher on one of the busiest shopping cities in the city, and can describe a random homeless guy they see downtown. It's like saying yeah here's proof I'm from Chicago - Wrigley Field serves Special Export. Just saying that if someone truly wants to make a big deal about proving they're from somewhere, how about going off the beaten path?
i guess your right

Old 09-30-2010, 01:55 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,580,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Furley View Post
I didnt diss black women! I just said the black women in Chicago are not the best looking in the country like say in Atlanta....and its true. You will see when you get here. I think all of the nice looking ones fled to hotter climates or something. Its a subject thats been discussed for years, for most guys from out of town thats usually there number one complaint. The black women in Chicago are all out of shape and fat, and all they care about is clothes and getting their hair done while everything else is shabby. In their minds they are "thick" but in reality they are obese. But the worse thing which is incredible to me is the fact that all of the black women here no matter how unattractive they are have the nerve to act "stuck up" as if they are "all of that", and they have screwed up nasty attitudes. Phenomenal. In Chicago the beauty scale is is taken down a few notches. A Chicago "10" is an LA "6" and a New York "6"!! I know this sounds shallow and piggish. Oh well.
Sadly, this is 100% correct.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:52 AM

6 posts, read 9,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Sadly, this is 100% correct.
I somewhat disagree.
Granted to each their own with one's taste in black women. Though I don't think Chicago girls aren't necessarily the greatest (I admit women in Chicago can be extremely mean-spirited), NYC isn't much better imo. Both cities have their fair share of cuties and uglies.

That said, one is entitled to not have the greatest opinion of the city, but why make this discussion into a pigsty? Some of the comments bashing Chicago just came out straight out spiteful in some case. It's one thing to say Chicago doesn't have some things that NYC have, but all the foul and hateful language obviously is not getting your message across. IN the end, they are both world class cities with a lot of things to offer.

Then again people told me city data was pretty bad, but I didn't think discussion would sink this low here.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:24 PM

765 posts, read 1,861,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiMichael View Post
I somewhat disagree.
Granted to each their own with one's taste in black women. Though I don't think Chicago girls aren't necessarily the greatest (I admit women in Chicago can be extremely mean-spirited), NYC isn't much better imo. Both cities have their fair share of cuties and uglies.

That said, one is entitled to not have the greatest opinion of the city, but why make this discussion into a pigsty? Some of the comments bashing Chicago just came out straight out spiteful in some case. It's one thing to say Chicago doesn't have some things that NYC have, but all the foul and hateful language obviously is not getting your message across. IN the end, they are both world class cities with a lot of things to offer.

Then again people told me city data was pretty bad, but I didn't think discussion would sink this low here.
They both are world class cities, but Chicago has more work to do. Crime is not good in Chicago and the city's public school is HORRIBLE. Not to mention the very large amount of gang activities going on there.

The Taste of Chicago was a weird experience...seemed like a good proportion of the people there were thugs and hoodrats. It was so weird.

YouTube - Taste of Chicago 2008 Fight

New York is more affluent and upscale. The crimes are much lower, the city is more mixed and cosmopolitan, less gang acitivites and the ghetto image is not as prevalent as it is in Chicago. That's the biggest thing I like about New York over Chicago

Old 10-01-2010, 08:19 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,755,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libohove90 View Post
They both are world class cities, but Chicago has more work to do. Crime is not good in Chicago and the city's public school is HORRIBLE. Not to mention the very large amount of gang activities going on there.

The Taste of Chicago was a weird experience...seemed like a good proportion of the people there were thugs and hoodrats. It was so weird.

New York is more affluent and upscale. The crimes are much lower, the city is more mixed and cosmopolitan, less gang acitivites and the ghetto image is not as prevalent as it is in Chicago. That's the biggest thing I like about New York over Chicago
New York City right here....

YouTube - Fight at buritto eatery in NYC.

Old 10-02-2010, 02:00 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,309,896 times
man I don't know what this dude was smoking, I came across alot of hot chicks in Chicago. Black, White, Latina's, Asian. I'll keep it G rated and end it there lol

Old 10-02-2010, 08:39 AM

6 posts, read 9,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libohove90 View Post

I respect ur opinion. Though I agree that the CPS aren't great at all, NYC isn't much better if better at all. You could probably say that about a lot of public school systems in many major cities. I've read a few articles about NYC public schools not measuring up and having to cut corners on standardized test. Just saying. The only thing that NYC might have on Chicago is that they have some specialty school we don't have (i.e., performing arts). We have magnet schools that has future Ivy Leaguers.

I think Chicago problems from some other cities is that Blacks in the city love to complain instead of realizing that they can serve as a solution to some of the cities problems and current limitation. I've always thought Blacks in the city have a great position to thrive and establish culture, but people just rather whine and get out their way to convince themselves how bad it is in Chicago. Even when the Hawks won the Stanley Cup, people were complaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City