Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How much are these two cities alike?
These two cities are identical. 2 2.25%
These two cities have more similiarities and less differences. 27 30.34%
These two cities are complete opposites. 17 19.10%
These two cities have more differences and less similiarities. 30 33.71%
I have not been to one or either of the cities. 13 14.61%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 09:03 AM

13,355 posts, read 39,968,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by a person View Post
Beaches are a 45 minute drive from Tampa. Yes, the beaches are for the most part pretty stunning but the water has no waves, and it's as warm as bath water in summer so it's not exactly refreshing.
Quote:
You're hilarious. Ben T. Davis beach is a microscopically thin strip of sand... on the side of a bridge... on the bay.

I don't see too many postcards of the magical strip o' sand on the bay, nor do I see anyone advertising "Come to sunny Florida, to sit on the sand next to a highway overlooking... the bay."

Again, I ask you to find me one, just one person who has flown to Tampa for vacation with Ben T. Davis beach, or the Gandy, square in their sights.

You're trying really hard to disprove my point about distance from the beaches and offering basically nothing on your side of the defense (because let's face it... you have no argument).
No, you are backpedaling. You said "Beaches are a 45 minute drive from Tampa." Period. You didn't say "Gulf Coast beaches," or "Touristy beaches," or "Beaches next to high rise condos." You said "Beaches." And there are beaches in Tampa. My cousin on Davis Island enjoys walking from her condo to the little beach there on Davis Island, just minutes from downtown; she certainly doesn't need to drive 45 minutes to find a beach.

My other cousin, an attorney who lives in Palma Ceia, enjoys taking his lunch breaks at Cedar Point Park which also has a little beach. It's also a great place to watch planes take off and land at Tampa International.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwATQr5tSsU

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2017, 09:05 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,937,279 times
Quote:
You're hilarious. Ben T. Davis beach is a microscopically thin strip of sand... on the side of a bridge... on the bay.

I don't see too many postcards of the magical strip o' sand on the bay, nor do I see anyone advertising "Come to sunny Florida, to sit on the sand next to a highway overlooking... the bay."

Again, I ask you to find me one, just one person who has flown to Tampa for vacation with Ben T. Davis beach, or the Gandy, square in their sights.

You're trying really hard to disprove my point about distance from the beaches and offering basically nothing on your side of the defense (because let's face it... you have no argument).
You seem to be quite bitter. Perhaps you would be happier elsewhere.

There's plenty of room for you in San Diego, what's stopping you?

Old 04-01-2017, 10:21 AM

686 posts, read 622,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
No, you are backpedaling. You said "Beaches are a 45 minute drive from Tampa." Period. You didn't say "Gulf Coast beaches," or "Touristy beaches," or "Beaches next to high rise condos." You said "Beaches." And there are beaches in Tampa. My cousin on Davis Island enjoys walking from her condo to the little beach there on Davis Island, just minutes from downtown; she certainly doesn't need to drive 45 minutes to find a beach.
I am not backpedaling, because there is nothing to backpedal from. When people think of beaches here, they are not thinking of those teeny little strips on the bay you're talking about.

So yes, the beaches ARE @ a 45 minute drive from Tampa. Because those little junk strips you refer to are not beaches, despite having the word "beach" in their names.

It's a common misconception that Tampa has beaches, so I understand why you might be confused.

Old 04-03-2017, 12:32 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,738,569 times
Quote:
I am not backpedaling, because there is nothing to backpedal from. When people think of beaches here, they are not thinking of those teeny little strips on the bay you're talking about.

So yes, the beaches ARE @ a 45 minute drive from Tampa. Because those little junk strips you refer to are not beaches, despite having the word "beach" in their names.

It's a common misconception that Tampa has beaches, so I understand why you might be confused.
Doesn't the Tampa Bay area include Clearwater and St. Petersburg though? It was my understanding that the beaches there are pretty nice.

Old 04-03-2017, 01:32 PM

686 posts, read 622,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK508 View Post
Doesn't the Tampa Bay area include Clearwater and St. Petersburg though? It was my understanding that the beaches there are pretty nice.
Tampa Bay is a region

Tampa is a city

And yes, the great beaches I'm referring to are in Clearwater/St. Pete, which are in completely different counties, around 30-45 minutes driving distance from Tampa itself.

It's a common misconception, and one that angers residents of St. Pete regularly because they defend their little city to the death vs. Tampa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City