Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2010, 03:33 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,092,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Wait, so the Bronx is hipper than Downtown Jersey City?

Actually, it was your awful sentence structure, pitiful word choice, dreadful spelling, and "tricky" punctuation (or lack thereof) that got me dumbfounded.
Jersey city is a wannabe brooklyn lol. A second alternative soho. What exactly has jersey city done. The bronx already put in work with HIP. Literally. What has jersey city done. What has come out of jersey city on the bronxs level. Compare whats come out of the bronx To JC

2,705 posts, read 8,272,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Which of the boroughs is most cultural? I plan to visit NYC some day & visit my cousins\ auntie in the Bronx. I hear the Tremont area is kinda tough; that's where my relatives live.
Bring your brass knuckles and you should be fine.

If I were you, I'd start a new thread. You are entering a serious pillow fight here.

5,251 posts, read 13,817,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Which of the boroughs is most cultural? I plan to visit NYC some day & visit my cousins\ auntie in the Bronx. I hear the Tremont area is kinda tough; that's where my relatives live.
Manhattan ...

Old 01-04-2010, 03:35 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
can't act like ppl weren't captivated by wu tang, from staten island. wu tang has kids from kosovo calling each other Gods and asking what today's math is.
Really, 5 percenter now?

The non-stop references to hip-hop as if it is the most important cultural event of all time is one thing but to bring up an irrelevant organization is ridiculous.

And do you have any links showing us how kids in Kosovo are calling each other gods and all that, as if it mattered?

And don't just give me a link to a youtube of one kid in Kosovo.

Listening to Busta Rhymes or Mobb Deep is different than following teachings.

The unsubstantiated and inconsequential reasoning is beyond my comprehension.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:35 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,089,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Jersey city is a wannabe brooklyn lol. A second alternative soho. What exactly has jersey city done. The bronx already put in work with HIP. Literally. What has jersey city done?
And you'll ask again, links will be provided-then you'll say it doesn't matter, then we'll bring up LSP, and then you'll say it doesn't matter, you'll talk about the zoo...and so on.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:37 PM

2,705 posts, read 8,272,299 times
I realize that I'm giving off the vibe that I dislike the boroughs. The opposite is true. There are parts of the outer boroughs that I like. But as a whole, when compared to NJ, the outer boroughs lose that battle. NJ is a heavyweight when it comes to things to offer.

Take this from a guy who has lived in the outer boroughs for many years, suburban NJ for many years, and urban NJ for many years.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:37 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,817,095 times
Quote:
Jersey city is a wannabe brooklyn lol. A second alternative soho. What exactly has jersey city done. The bronx already put in work with HIP. Literally. What has jersey city done?
A wannabe!?
New Jersey can't just simply develop a city along the Hudson without being considered a wannabe? When will it end!
Jersey City is is more ideal than Brooklyn at this present time and future.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:40 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,089,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
I realize that I'm giving off the vibe that I dislike the boroughs. The opposite is true. There are parts of the outer boroughs that I like. But as a whole, when compared to NJ, the outer boroughs lose that battle. NJ is a heavyweight when it comes to things to offer.

Take this from a guy who has lived in the outer boroughs for many years, suburban NJ for many years, and urban NJ for many years.

When I was in Ft. Totten we would go out to the restaurants on NBlvd and get good eats lol.

It's not that the boroughs are 'bad' per se, I'd rather be there than many many places in the US. However, that doesn't mean NJ offers nothing culturally or otherwise when stacked up against it.

I couldn't avoid BX even if I wanted to, my grandmother lives in Parkchester.

The outer-boroughs are for NYers, NJ is for everyone.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:57 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,092,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
When I was in Ft. Totten we would go out to the restaurants on NBlvd and get good eats lol.

It's not that the boroughs are 'bad' per se, I'd rather be there than many many places in the US. However, that doesn't mean NJ offers nothing culturally or otherwise when stacked up against it.

I couldn't avoid BX even if I wanted to, my grandmother lives in Parkchester.

The outer-boroughs are for NYers, NJ is for everyone.
The boroughs are for new yorkers, yet more ppl live here than any city in jersey. Yet the combined population of the four is almsot as great as your entire state

Queens as the most diverse county in America,maybe the world,it has many great eats.

The same way you cant avoid the bronx, is the same way new yorkers feel bout jersey when trekking it to other states. Theres nothing as bad in the bronx, like that stench we have to go through everytime we ride through jersey to get to the states

And to BP talk to the main JC booster here tommyc about that. Tell him to stop comparing it to brooklyn-park slope, soho, brownstones etc. Stop saying nnj speaks a variation of brooklynese lol. True story.

And LSP is not on the level of the Bronx zoo. The biggest metro zoo in the us,nycs premier world class venue of its kind.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:02 PM

160 posts, read 498,904 times
Quote:

The boroughs are for new yorkers, yet more ppl live here than any city in jersey. Yet the combined population of the four is almsot as great as your entire state

Queens as the most diverse county in America,maybe the world,it has many great eats.

The same way you cant avoid the bronx, is the same way new yorkers feel bout jersey when trekking it to other states. Theres nothing as bad in the bronx, like that stench we have to go through everytime we ride through jersey to get to the states

And to BP talk to the main JC booster here tommyc about that. Tell him to stop comparing it to brooklyn-park slope, soho, brownstones etc. Stop saying nnj speaks a variation of brooklynese lol. True story.

And LSP is not on the level of the Bronx zoo. The biggest metro zoo in the us,nycs premier world class venue of its kind.
You are making sweeping generalizations that are pretty far off. Why do you feel the need to belittle a place that you don't know that much about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City