Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 07:04 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,102,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Nope, you just go WAY off topic and bring up something like my profile picture, how many Walmarts Long Island has, that you know more people from NYC than I do...you usually do this once you've lost an argument.

That was a real personal attack. You shouldn't comment on the way people look. Anyway, I get complimented all the time on my looks. Be on the lookout for an infraction

You have been off topic all thread... walmarts on LI is part of my winning argument (as always) with you. Some of us have reported you as well so look out for yet another ban

The point of your profile picture is that you brought up pics of people without knowing why they are dressing goofy

Then you got offended when I pointed out something that was true

You always get this way when you lose an argument

Old 12-29-2009, 07:08 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,933,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
You have been off topic all thread... walmarts on LI is part of my winning argument (as always) with you. Some of us have reported you as well so look out for yet another ban

The point of your profile picture is that you brought up pics of people without knowing why they are dressing goofy

Then you got offended when I pointed out something that was true

You always get this way when you lose an argument

No, because you said Walmats are all over Long Island and we have a Walmart fashion sense. Then I showed you there are TWENTY Walmarts alone in Texas, when there are 10 on the 130 mile Long Island. Go look on www.peopleofwalmart.com and you'll see the most pictures of fashion disasters in Texas. You hardly see ANY in NY. Thanks again for trying to seem like you won an argument.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:09 PM

517 posts, read 1,318,565 times
Quote:
Uh, I've never seen anyone wear that here.
You can't take 5 steps without seeing an affliction shirt here in california, it is a very popular brand out here. They are not cheap either, they run around 60 dollars a shirt, you can walk into any macys or nordstroms and buy them. You mostly see guys wearing affliction shirts out to bars. Perhaps its more fashionable in california because the ufc craze is very big here....most ufc fighters train and have gyms in california also strike force is in san jose here in the bay area so we have ufc fights going on every month.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:10 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
So? That does not mean that most people know how to dress up there, especially outside of Manhattan

Those designers get started in NY becasue of the media element not because the general population has much class or style
Uh ya.lol Why are you so hung up on manhattan. I dont think you know how nyc works. The borroughs(all five) are not secluded from each other. Its not like you have to take a boat or a plane to get to each island. You can walk to manhattan from the bronx if you wanted to. They work as one big unit, thats why nyc is where it is. 8.3 million people circulating the city, keeping the blood pumping. Manhattan acts as a central nucleus for the city. People from all borroughs are in and out manhattan

And yes overwhelmingly so, do people from the bronx,brooklyn,queens and staten island know how to dress. I would place my money on the best dressed in those areas than houston or any other city in the US. We have all of the city to our disposal. Why not?

Old 12-29-2009, 07:11 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,580,735 times
Quote:
No, because you said Walmats are all over Long Island and we have a Walmart fashion sense. Then I showed you there are TWENTY Walmarts alone in Texas, when there are 10 on the 130 mile Long Island. Go look on www.peopleofwalmart.com and you'll see the most pictures of fashion disasters in Texas. You hardly see ANY in NY. Thanks again for trying to seem like you won an argument.
Your basing that dumb website on an entire state?

Old 12-29-2009, 07:11 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,933,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcee510 View Post
You can't take 5 steps without seeing an affliction shirt here in california, it is a very popular brand out here. They are not cheap either, they run around 60 dollars a shirt, you can walk into any macys or nordstroms and buy them. You mostly see guys wearing affliction shirts out to bars. Perhaps its more fashionable in california because the ufc craze is very big here....most ufc fighters train and have gyms in california also strike force is in san jose here in the bay area so we have ufc fights going on every month.

Someone from here just told me that they see them a lot here in the stores.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:13 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,102,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely95 View Post
Your basing that dumb website on an entire state?
That one website is the only argument she has used and it has been refuted already

Old 12-29-2009, 07:14 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,994,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantabuckhead View Post
Well, DUH?

I would assume you live in Buckhead, that is what your location says.
I'll take your non-answer as proof and just move on since this is severely off-topic.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:17 PM

71 posts, read 80,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
I'll take your non-answer as proof and just move on since this is severely off-topic.
Why don't you answer then.

You tell me the boundaries. I will judge your answer........ I bet you don't know the true boundaires of buckhead.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:17 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
Moderator cut: This thread is closed. If this doesn't stop, there are several people who will get infractions and they won't be mild ones. There's an ignore feature. Use it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City