Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2009, 06:30 PM

71 posts, read 80,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
the majority of the (urban. you know what i mean by this) youth in the south are on a lil wayne kick right now. everybody trying to look like:

(in the above pic, the dude on the left...glasses, mohawk)

(in the above pic, the dude in the red jacket and white shoes and lil wayne.for those that don't get it, the skinny jeans, supras, fitted tee, glasses, mohawk, etc.)

(levi 501, midtop/pseudo high top sneakers, the hair, etc.)

and a year and a half ago you rocked your clothing like:

everybody with your coloful sneakers, skinny jeans, firm fitting tees, the hair, the glasses etc. you know where you got it from and you know who did it first. you know what clothing you rocked before this (the too big girbauds with your jays and/or fapes (yes, fapes. you weren't rocking real bapestas), etc. etc.

nyc put you up on fashion period. the dunk sb's? espos? supreme? yeah, we were on it long before the rest of the country was on it. we had streetwear on lock for a long time. other areas are just now playing catchup.

i know what it is.

london, tokyo, ny...los angels, paris, dc, places in italy, etc.
excluding the cities that i listed, you weren't up on the things described in this thread. the louis vuitton, chanel, bottega veneta, hermes, etc. na you weren't on that.
I never noticed people in the A looking like the first pics until about a year ago.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:32 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,101,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
And this is fashion sense???? lol It looks like a pigeon took a sh*t on his head.

http://store.southerntide.com/media/...PinkStripe.jpg
My first thought was that the kid in the pic was from NY but the kid wasn't ugly so that ruled it out

So what though? Clean cut kid wearing a shirt, much better than the fashions I have seen on LI during my visits there

Old 12-29-2009, 06:33 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,728,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantabuckhead View Post
I never noticed people in the A looking like the first pics until about a year ago.
i know. thats my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Ok, that's just a bunch of nonsense right there.

-Brad Pitt
-Luke Wilson
-T.I.
-George Clooney
-Matthew McConaughey

All of them are Southerners, noted for their style, and usually at the top of "Sexiest Men Alive" lists. Yeah, you and all your friends live in this bizarro world where Southern men aren't desired.
But, the thing is.......... If I made a list of people from NY, Chicago or LA, it would fill up the whole page. Southern cities can't compete with those cities in style or the amount of celebrities.

The only one that comes close is Miami.

8,900 posts, read 15,926,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
My first thought was that the kid in the pic was from NY but the kid wasn't ugly so that ruled it out

So what though? Clean cut kid wearing a shirt, much better than the fashions I have seen on LI during my visits there

Thanks for admitting that look is hideous. I see it whenever I'm in the south. You've admitted you've never been to Long Island, so how you would know?

Old 12-29-2009, 06:35 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,579,291 times
Quote:
But, the thing is.......... If I made a list of people from NY, Chicago or LA, it would fill up the whole page. Southern cities can't compete with those cities in style or the amount of celebrities.
Do you realize that celebrities are from all over the country? They just move where they have to and some of them still have homes where they come from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
How about Colt McCoy UT quarterback at the Heisman presentation in NY?

I bet all those LI girls were drooling over him as well hoping he would give them the time of day
Colt Mccoy sounds like a redneck when he speaks.

8,485 posts, read 14,987,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
yeah...thats why i said:

there are more younger ppl than older in our country and that won't change until 30 years from now, iirc.

the youth drive sales in the fashion market in the u.s.

also, a lot of the stuff from the late 80's/early 90's is coming back. so the new guys will shudder too.
That may be true, but my overall point is that it is rare that youth are the most fashionable. Even more so in the last decade. It's just been a rehashing of stuff that is popular over the last 30 years. Every last bit of it.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:36 PM

353 posts, read 816,045 times
Quote:

The only one that comes close is Miami.
In my opinion Miami has more fashion than Chicago.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:36 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,740,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
And this is fashion sense???? lol It looks like a pigeon took a sh*t on his head.

http://store.southerntide.com/media/...PinkStripe.jpg
I agree it looks bad, most guys don't have that hairstyle. Many have something similar, but his just looks wierd. The style is more like this guys (a friend)

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs025.snc3/11251_1200669266156_1511280085_30645111_7479552_n. jpg (broken link)

Kinda like the shag, but different
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.