Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2009, 06:01 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Well this is just the biggest fail I have ever seen on CD? The stereotypical "guido" (I hate that word by the way) is stylish? What is stylish about muscle t-shirts from Ed Hardy, ripped jeans, and overly gelled hair?
haha, exactly! Every place has some ridiculous styles that most people who don't dress like that hate. While NYC is very fashionable it still has plenty of people that dress ridiculous and cheesy, like pretty much everywhere else.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:02 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,994,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
You know that you sound so silly. When you ask that? We dress with style. The Southern people wear plain clothes. Everybody from the South should know that. This is why NYC is called the fashion capital of the world. We are the trendsetters. We set the fashion here and then all other people from different countries try to copy our style, but they can't. Our style is too unique. For example, let's take a look at this video and see the clothes they are wearing is with style.

This is how NYers dressed with style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjtc2MhYS2k

Now let's take a look at how the people from the South dress

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHa07...eature=channel

See the difference no style at all. Nyers dress with style.
Souljah Boy? You think people other than little kids and teenagers pay his "fashion sense" any mind down here? Why do people base things off of what they see on TV/Music. Here's a clue: That's all fantasy. If you are trying to get an idea of how people are in an area that's not the way to go about.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:02 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,580,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Guidos are way better looking and fashionable than rednecks. What's fashionable about Ed Hardy? dude, that's one of the most popular brands here in NYC. There's a reason why it's so expensive.
lol You think the rest of the country doesn't know what Ed Hardy is?

Old 12-29-2009, 06:03 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,933,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely95 View Post
lol You think the rest of the country doesn't know what Ed Hardy is?

No, but my friend in Columbia, SC says they don't sell it anywhere nearby him and never saw anyone wearing one of the shirts. That style is really nice.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:04 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,698,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Souljah Boy? You think people other than little kids and teenagers pay his "fashion sense" any mind down here? Why do people base things off of what they see on TV/Music. Here's a clue: That's all fantasy. If you are trying to get an idea of how people are in an area that's not the way to go about.
The southern people dresses like that... Want me to look for another reference and show you lol?

Old 12-29-2009, 06:05 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,580,735 times
Quote:
No, but my friend in Columbia, SC says they don't sell it anywhere nearby him and never saw anyone wearing one of the shirts. That style is really nice.
Well maybe its not there, but that doesn't apply for every where else. I see Ed Hardy all the time actually. I even saw people wearing that in midwest.

Quote:
Well that's the country honey. In Atlanta, only people who don't know any better and people who-a-more-descriptive-word-would-get-me-booted-off-of-CD wear Ed Hardy.

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Who the heck is "Ed Hardy"?

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
how old are you? are you single?

there is NOTHING like the dominican day parade (or the pr day parade) in nyc. hell, there is nothing like nyc in the summertime. go sometime.

then pm me and tell me what you thought.
What the hell does the Dominican day parade have to do with hot Southern girls? Hot girls in NYC doesn't make girls elsewhere any less good looking at all. And I was in NYC over summer including Dominican Day it is really nothing to brag about. NYC has numbers so you're gonna find lots of hot women just b/c there are so many people overall but per capita other cities have more good looking people.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
The southern people dresses like that... Want me to look for another reference and show you lol?
I'm not saying that no one in the south dresses like that, but that's not indicative of a style that people who aren't children, teenagers, or certain groups of young adults wear AKA people who aren't grown enough to be stylish yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City