Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2009, 01:32 PM

631 posts, read 1,228,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Oh but according to them, shopping in Soho is no different than Atlanta. Give me a break. I've never seen anything remotely close in Atlanta. Don't believe me, look at my profile if you don't think I've ever been there.

I didnt say anything in Atlanta was on the same level all I said was there were stores there that you could find anywere such as Urbanoutfitters Gap Zara etc... ANd I also said if I wanna find exclusive Boutiques I dont have to just go to NY to shop at a exclusive boutique because I can fine them in LA CHI or even Atlanta

Old 12-29-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Right, I've never been anywhere...I only played college ice hockey through college, and in the past 2 years I've been to Puerto Rico, Bermuda, Greece, and about to go to Poland in a couple months. Trust me, I can compare fashions from all over the place.
SO why didnt you know Atlanta had 2 bloomindales then since there all in the NORTH ?????????????

Old 12-29-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but a NY transplant won't know the right spots to go to.

Yeah they will he knows since he is a fashion major AT F.I.T he will let me know the spots and even the bad spots I want people tpo see it all

Old 12-29-2009, 01:36 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,361,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeBoy21 View Post
Yeah they will he knows since he is a fashion major AT F.I.T he will let me know the spots and even the bad spots I want people tpo see it all
Better make sure you get some noticable landmarks in the shots you take.

You know who will deny that they were taken in New York, otherwise.

Old 12-29-2009, 01:41 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,658,081 times
Default Because they are freezing

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Walk up to any random fool wearing socks with sandals in Florida and ask them where they are from. You won't like the answer.

Care to address your lie about Bloomingdales yet?
when it's under 80 and still have to march in line with the UNIFORM. Yeah, they are transplants. The natives will wear jeans and SHOES when it gets cold. The transplants think, but, but, it's FLOREDUH!

Old 12-29-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
when it's under 80 and still have to march in line with the UNIFORM. Yeah, they are transplants. The natives will wear jeans and SHOES when it gets cold. The transplants think, but, but, it's FLOREDUH!
Nope. Those are tourists from New York. You're not fooling anyone.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:04 PM

Default Sorry

Quote:
Nope. Those are tourists from New York. You're not fooling anyone.
YOU are wrong. It's the transplants in Naples. Or the snowbirds and retirees. They aren't NEW YORKERS in NAPLES. There are very few in this part of Floreduh. This is Little Miichigan, NOT Little New York.

Wrong Coast, sir.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
YOU are wrong. It's the transplants in Naples. Or the snowbirds and retirees. They aren't NEW YORKERS in NAPLES. There are very few in this part of Floreduh. This is Little Miichigan, NOT Little New York.

Wrong Coast, sir.
Wrong again. NOBODY MENTIONED NAPLES BUT YOU.

Once again, you are attempting to claim the entire State of Florida is exactly like Naples. You could not be more wrong if you tried.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:35 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeBoy21 View Post
Nobody trying to act like NY is on the same level fashion wise... EVERY ONE IS NY isnt fashionable.... All trends are not started in NY... Yes People do know How to dress in NYC but nowadays since everyone is wearing the same thing.... I was just in NYC last month for thanksgiving and I didnt see anything different from what people are wearing here in Atlanta. MY me and my Homeboy who is a manager at Zara here in Atlanta he is from Spanish Harlem and we were just discussing this same topic about how everywhere everyone just about is doing the same thing.... There used to be a time when You knew people where from NYC based on how they are dressed not anymore.... I can go there in fit right in and I live in Atlanta. No i didnt get a trend from watching no one in NYC I do my own thing. I can pull something from Bloomies are zara and go right to NYC the next day and see the same merchandise... There is Jimmy Jazz and Dr Js etc for the urban people right here in Atlanta too . We know NYC is a fashion capital we know NYC was names best City etc but trust every other major city can hold its own.
Its not just about the availibilty of stores. Flagship stores exist in nyc, its a difference. Saks fifth ave in atlanta is a novelty. Something to rack up cash. They probably have a saks fifth in every major city.

And i disagree with atlantans catching up per se. Ya stepped ya game up. But you can still tell a new yorker apart. I go to school in the south. Ya just caught up to wearing pradas,mauris etc

Old 12-29-2009, 02:39 PM

Default GULF Coast

Quote:
Wrong again. NOBODY MENTIONED NAPLES BUT YOU.

Once again, you are attempting to claim the entire State of Florida is exactly like Naples. You could not be more wrong if you tried.
I said that in my post. I think you are the one attempting to make it all the same. New Yorkers go to the EAST coast of Florida, not the Gulf Coast. Get with the program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City