Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2009, 06:07 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,101,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
You know that you sound so silly. When you ask that? We dress with style. The Southern people wear plain clothes. Everybody from the South should know that. This is why NYC is called the fashion capital of the world. We are the trendsetters. We set the fashion here and then all other people from different countries try to copy our style, but they can't. Our style is too unique. For example, let's take a look at this video and see the clothes they are wearing is with style.

This is how NYers dressed with style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjtc2MhYS2k

Now let's take a look at how the people from the South dress

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHa07...eature=channel

See the difference no style at all. Nyers dress with style.

Those NY'ers look like dorks.... I will take any of their girlfriends away from them while wearing jeans and a t shirt

Old 12-29-2009, 06:08 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
I'm sorry but anyone touting Ed Hardy and the Guido style as fashionable and something that people aspire too has lost absolutely all credibility on this subject. That crap is a joke to the vast majority of people.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
They aren't exactly grown men. And also, no one in the south wears that brand. Maybe in a couple of the cities, but that's all.

How would you know? We all know you have never been down South

I see people dressing nice all the time here in Houston

Old 12-29-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
They are grown men. There's a guy that's 29 on that show. Compare their style to Southern college guys. The know how to dress.

And I'm glad that no one in the South wears clothes like that. That's the whole point. People up there dress ugly too

Yes we do

There is a reason why most NY girls would rather get with a guy from the South. I have heard this from numerous girls up there

Old 12-29-2009, 06:11 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,579,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I'm sorry but anyone touting Ed Hardy and the Guido style as fashionable and something that people aspire too has lost absolutely all credibility on this subject. That crap is a joke to the vast majority of people.
I actually don't mind Ed Hardy, I liked a pair of their boots. The thing is that there are so many different styles and not everyone likes those styles. So dressing good to one person could be horrible to another. Also these stereotypes of hicks and guidos has just got to go because, yes there are people who dress like that, but they don't speak for everyone.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post

Only the 4 NY'ers on this thread think they are stylish. The rest of us are laughing

Old 12-29-2009, 06:12 PM

71 posts, read 80,828 times
I am from Atlanta. I love it here in Atlanta, but nothing has the amount of style and swag as NYC.

My top five is

1. NYC
2. LA
3. Miami
4. Vegas
5. Chicago

Old 12-29-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smtchll View Post
your beloved guidos. They have so much style, everyone in the rest of the country wants to be like them
rotflmao :d

Old 12-29-2009, 06:14 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,926,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
How would you know? We all know you have never been down South

I see people dressing nice all the time here in Houston

Same old typical response from you. It's getting old.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:14 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,728,847 times
the majority of the (urban. you know what i mean by this) youth in the south are on a lil wayne kick right now. everybody trying to look like:

(in the above pic, the dude on the left...glasses, mohawk)

(in the above pic, the dude in the red jacket and white shoes and lil wayne.for those that don't get it, the skinny jeans, supras, fitted tee, glasses, mohawk, etc.)

(levi 501, midtop/pseudo high top sneakers, the hair, etc.)

and a year and a half ago you rocked your clothing like:

everybody with your coloful sneakers, skinny jeans, firm fitting tees, the hair, the glasses etc. you know where you got it from and you know who did it first. you know what clothing you rocked before this (the too big girbauds with your jays and/or fapes (yes, fapes. you weren't rocking real bapestas), etc. etc.

nyc put you up on fashion period. the dunk sb's? espos? supreme? yeah, we were on it long before the rest of the country was on it. we had streetwear on lock for a long time. other areas are just now playing catchup.

i know what it is.

london, tokyo, ny...los angels, paris, dc, places in italy, etc.
excluding the cities that i listed, you weren't up on the things described in this thread. the louis vuitton, chanel, bottega veneta, hermes, etc. na you weren't on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City