Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2011, 06:13 PM

170 posts, read 391,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Who made Nas the spokesperson for rap? And what does being able to recite a verse from Shante have to do with being hip hop? Either you're really old - ie you lived in the 80's and early 90's - or really young and think that because you read an internet blog about true hip hop that you're in a position to judge.
like i said before, i was talking about NYC, and how even one of their own claimed hiphop was dead

and im 30 yrs old, but i had the benefit of having an older brother who was a big hiphop fan, so i grew up listening to nothing but rap at a VERY early age
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 07:04 PM

[quote=N130;18884441]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMEN VII View Post

Yet she beats the ____ out of a Diamond, Jacki-O, Trina, Gucci Mane, etc., she's a very sly lyricist, very metaphorical and she uses a ton of adianoetas which I happen to like. Nicki is the shyt. A lot of Hip-Hop heads love for things to be spelled out to them in a very lyrical manor so I understand why some dislike her and/or don't understand her. Ironically Lyte & Roxanne love the hell out of Nicki.

I don't really care for most (95%) of underground rap anymore, a lot of it is outdated and the same mumbo jumbo over and over again over hot beats. I like J. Cole, B.o.B, Nicki, Lupe, etc., mainstream's quality has jumped drastically. I don't really listen to the radio but when I do it's not the same as it was 2 years ago.
now i agree that all is not wrong with hiphop today, because i like certain tracks that gets played..but the one thing thats missing from those artist you mentioned is that "street" or "tuff" element that i loved about hiphop..

NOW IM NOT SAYING THEY SHOULD BE RAPPING ABOUT GANGSTER STUFF, so please don't get it confused,but it was that certain element that rappers like Krs-one, Rakim, NAS, even X clan had to go along with the conscious raps...those artist you mentioned is soft as hell,lol it was more variety in hiphop back in the day too..

nowadays you're either a soft m.c or a extra ignorant m.c it seems..BUT, i do like a few cats like Kendrick Lamar, Jay Rock, Alley Boy, Big k.r.i.t, some of Wiz Khalifa, etc..

its a shame thou how its really hardly any new NYC m.c's to check for thou..with it being the birth place of it all and such..but i do listen to FRENCHIE thou

YouTube - Frenchie - Ride

even thou he got a lil down south swag to'em

Old 04-25-2011, 11:17 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,730,128 times
frenchie is trash. you can tell dude isn't comfortable in his own skin. i'm not basing it off of the vid that was just posted, either.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:43 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,747,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
frenchie is trash. you can tell dude isn't comfortable in his own skin. i'm not basing it off of the vid that was just posted, either.
Completely agree. In the behind the scenes video with Nipsey Hussle, he was the spitting image of a fake industry rapper.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:12 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,089,126 times
[quote=DAMEN VII;18885631]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N130 View Post

now i agree that all is not wrong with hiphop today, because i like certain tracks that gets played..but the one thing thats missing from those artist you mentioned is that "street" or "tuff" element that i loved about hiphop..

NOW IM NOT SAYING THEY SHOULD BE RAPPING ABOUT GANGSTER STUFF, so please don't get it confused,but it was that certain element that rappers like Krs-one, Rakim, NAS, even X clan had to go along with the conscious raps...those artist you mentioned is soft as hell,lol it was more variety in hiphop back in the day too..

nowadays you're either a soft m.c or a extra ignorant m.c it seems..BUT, i do like a few cats like Kendrick Lamar, Jay Rock, Alley Boy, Big k.r.i.t, some of Wiz Khalifa, etc..

its a shame thou how its really hardly any new NYC m.c's to check for thou..with it being the birth place of it all and such..but i do listen to FRENCHIE thou

YouTube - Frenchie - Ride

even thou he got a lil down south swag to'em
lol frenchie is straight trash. And as far as new nyc mcs, theres plenty.

Vado
French montana
Fred the godson just to name a few

Old 04-26-2011, 06:20 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,747,106 times
^wait... Frenchie and French Montana are two different rappers? lol then my comments were reserved for French Montana. Who is Frenchie?

Old 04-26-2011, 06:58 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,089,126 times
Quote:
^wait... Frenchie and French Montana are two different rappers? lol then my comments were reserved for French Montana. Who is Frenchie?
YouTube - French Montana Featuring Waka Flocka Flame- Choppa Choppa Down Produced By Billionaire Boyscout

This is fire. French montana is fire

Old 04-26-2011, 07:02 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,308,704 times
Quote:
Frenchie is the dude Damen vii just posted. The guy with the long dreads from Brick-squad.

French MOntana is the the "new york minuet" guy

they're both from New York and they're both on Mizzay ent.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:11 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times
Yeah I was confused for a minute about the Frenchie thing thinking it was French Montana. I ain't never heard of Frenchie until now.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
lol you say frenchie is trash..but montana is..fire???? waka's verse was better then montana's on that too

at BEST..montana is ALRIGHT..he's not leaps n bounds ahead of frenchie in the lyrical department thou..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City