Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2010, 02:58 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,181,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
yea in like half a decade canarsie went from italian to caribbean - mostly haitian/jamaican.

what i want to know is how to those sloppy dreads in fl , get all the women.
Lol I have no clue man, maybe those chicks like them for their personalities lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 04:33 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,056,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
random?

Yeah detroit and chicago are similar if were talking about urban gear. There's alot of differnet styles in chicago most black and hispanic kids dress the same unless were talking about the latino gang members who shave their heads and leave a hair at the end. smh.
Which part are you calling random?

Old 05-10-2010, 04:59 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,308,704 times
Chagrin Falls, OH...not saying its not fashionable but I've never heard of it at all.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:38 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,056,314 times
Highest-income places in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its in the same vicinity as Hunting Valley. Stores like Cuffs Custom Clothing is in Chagrin Falls.

I based my list on extremely wealthy areas where people can afford to always wear nice cloths unlike basing it on some absurd idea that everyone in major metros wear nice clothing...

Or on Military facilities which by far should be winning this because every person on a military base is going to be clean pressed, shined, and polished.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:55 PM

910 posts, read 1,083,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Yeah, the average citizen in Carol City, Opa-Locka, Liberty City, and Overtown maybe these sections. BUT that's it though. Is Coral Gables, Wynwood, Brickell, Coconut Grove(maybe part of it is goon central) Goon central? This same rule applys to EVERY city. Even New York City. You're not gonna find a world class model wearing Christian Dior walking down the street in Brownsville Brooklyn in front of the projects, or a world class model wearing Prada walking through Bankhead Courts or in the S.W.A.T.S. in Atlanta would you?

The average citizen isn't a "world class model", you don't have to be a "world class super diva" to have some fashion sense. That's why you don't hear 'bout goons in the north, 'cause nobody in their right mind would dress like that.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:22 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyKing54 View Post
The average citizen isn't a "world class model", you don't have to be a "world class super diva" to have some fashion sense. That's why you don't hear 'bout goons in the north, 'cause nobody in their right mind would dress like that.
We don't hear about "goons" in the north because I don't you've adopted that term, not because you guys dress well. The average citizen in Miami is a goon now? I had no idea, thanks for letting me know. So you won't see anybody up north where any sort of white tees and baggy jeans? SO everybody up there is some skinny jean, fadora wearing person? HA!!! You guys think a little too highly of yourselves.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:23 AM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,392,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
random?

Yeah detroit and chicago are similar if were talking about urban gear. There's alot of differnet styles in chicago most black and hispanic kids dress the same unless were talking about the latino gang members who shave their heads and leave a hair at the end. smh.

shave their heads and leave hair at the end wow have not seen that

Old 05-11-2010, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Oh yeah I know about New York and islander culture, all you have to do is take a ride down Flatbush Avenue lol. It's funny because my grandmother was born and raised on Flatbush Ave in the 40's and 50's and she remembers it being totally different, mainly just black, white, and asian kids. Islanders have definitely made their presence felt over the years, and I know what you mean about Miami, the dreadlocks are very sloppy idk how these guys don't die from sweat in the summertime.
not all the guys in florida wear those type of dreads. I live in Daytona for 2 years. I was in school so I knew people from all over FL. Those dreads are mainly just Miami/south florida thing. Duval,Tampa,Tallahassee, and most central and northern Florida guys wear the clean cut dread look. They look nice most of the time to me

Old 05-11-2010, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
When I lived in Florida, Haitians would call the African-Americans Yakns(short for Yankees, or Americans). They used to bully Haitians, until Zoe Pound and other gangs got big. Interesting history of South Florida.
yea that is crazy! they still talk about Haitians a lot down there smh. I didn't appreciate that at all because Im of Haitian descent but I noticed I would get mad when my Haitian friends wouldn't I mean we all blk what's the difference besides culture? I even had people tell me Haitian jokes until they realized I wasn't laughing and my ex roomate frowned up her face when I told her my mom was half...crazy (she was half jamaican)

Old 05-11-2010, 01:42 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
yea that is crazy! they still talk about Haitians a lot down there smh. I didn't appreciate that at all because Im of Haitian descent but I noticed I would get mad when my Haitian friends wouldn't I mean we all blk what's the difference besides culture? I even had people tell me Haitian jokes until they realized I wasn't laughing and my ex roomate frowned up her face when I told her my mom was half...crazy (she was half jamaican)
Yeah, Haitians get respect in SoFla now. Ever sense all these artist started shooting music videos in Little Haiti, and all these artist claiming Zoe Pound, all of a sudden EVERYONE'S Haitian or has Haitians in there videos. There was a rumor that Lil Wayne was Haitian. I debunked that one quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City