Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which one is better, in your opinion?
Jacksonville 19 28.79%
Fort Lauderdale 47 71.21%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 09:44 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,505,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Orlando is more deserving, we are the larger city

But we won't get it because the Citrus Bowl is old and not up to NFL standards, and the city doesn't care to renovate it. If they did, we could easily get an NFL team
As much as I don't like Orlando.. it trounces Jacksonville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 09:45 PM

146 posts, read 399,362 times
I'd go with JAX, religious, conservative people. Great place to raise a family. Plus they have the Jaguars and excellent brackish waters for going fishing.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:48 PM

622 posts, read 1,665,087 times
Ive lived in both areas.. I love both!! It sounds like from what youre looking for though, Fort Lauderdale is a better fit. While Im new to the North FL area, I'm living just outside JAX in Ponte Vedra Beach, and I absolutely love it, but as far as nightlife and culture and diversity, FLL is the way to go. Good luck in your search!

Old 05-14-2010, 09:51 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,183,607 times
It's funny how much different North Florida is to South Florida.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:55 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,041,021 times
Anyways I guess I'll do these, and you guys who have experience with both areas or one of the areas can correct me if I'm wrong;

- Economy: Jacksonville, and it's growing as well
- Diversity (Economy): Jacksonville
- Diversity (Food): Fort Lauderdale
- Diversity (Culture): Fort Lauderdale
- Public Transportation: ????
- Crime: Jacksonville is one of the safest cities
- Professional sports: Jacksonville has the Jaguars, Fort Lauderdale doesn't have any teams, but it's near Miami
- Recreational activities: Fort Lauderdale
- Natural scenery: Fort Lauderdale

I don't know about the public transportation situation in either city.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:16 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,183,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Anyways I guess I'll do these, and you guys who have experience with both areas or one of the areas can correct me if I'm wrong;

- Economy: Jacksonville, and it's growing as well
- Diversity (Economy): Jacksonville
- Diversity (Food): Fort Lauderdale
- Diversity (Culture): Fort Lauderdale
- Public Transportation: ????
- Crime: Jacksonville is one of the safest cities
- Professional sports: Jacksonville has the Jaguars, Fort Lauderdale doesn't have any teams, but it's near Miami
- Recreational activities: Fort Lauderdale
- Natural scenery: Fort Lauderdale

I don't know about the public transportation situation in either city.
Well Fort Lauderdale has the Florida Panthers NHL team, they play in a suburb of Fort Lauderdale called Sunrise. It's pretty much Miami's team though since it's only like a half hour away. Jacksonville has a light rail system I believe or something like that, but I believe Fort Lauderdale has a better bus system. I'd go with Fort Lauderdale on Public Transportation.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:57 AM

125 posts, read 218,267 times
I love Jacksonville; but love Ft. Lauderdale more. I know both pretty well. Both have good highways for getting around fast, Ft. L. airport is better of course but Jax gets you anywhere. Jobs- Ft. L. is better, higher pay without higher cost of living, both have great medical facilities. Economy probably better in Ft. L., but Jax is growing (too much crime though). Ft. L. beaches, art scene, shopping are superior, but Jax is a fun place to live too!

Old 06-19-2010, 11:13 AM

1,416 posts, read 3,210,862 times
Ft. Lauderdale.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:18 AM

353 posts, read 816,370 times
okay so the 3 people that voted for Jacksonville are the southern folks! (country)

Old 06-19-2010, 12:03 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,945,188 times
I voted for it just now since I wanted one person who wasn't country to like Jax over Ft. Lauderdale. If were talking entire metros then I go with Ft. L/Miami, if we are talking city proper in isolation, then Jax. I love the St. John's River and... .... ..... Jax beach is cool... .... .... cool people I knew at UNF... ... okay so there's not much but it's always been my welcome back to Florida moment when coming back from the Carolinas. After a week in some parts of SC, even Jax is a big huge, breath of fresh air. Oh and who could forget Winn-Dixie which was my first employer back in high school, it's headquartered there. Plus something about Ft. Lauderdale rubs me the wrong way. I like Dade & PBC, not Broward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City