Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2010, 07:51 PM

96 posts, read 192,739 times

Advertisements

I think if we all on here posted pics from other cities and sights and extremely nice things they have to offer All these new yorkers on here would craw into there little holes and be so ashamed of what little they have they would be in therapy.

Ok no seriously just think about this for a second or two. Why is it that so many americans that go to new york only twice always say they have seen what they want to see and are bored and thene they travel to other places layed out differently and spread out much more with tons more to offer. We find out these tourist go to those other cities ten times over rather thene even debating to go back to new york. In believe me i have met a huge amount of theme.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:04 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,448,766 times
Some of you really need to jump off. Seriously, every time I'm in a City to City thread people always love to bring up NYC. Go play in traffic.

You don't like it here GREAT - You think it's wack- GOOD - Your opinion holds no weight.

Rose you love NYC (C'mon you know you do! =) and I already told myself you have a condition and I'll pray for you. Every time you post something you try to smash NY but it doesn't work. "All I'm saying is it's other cities that better" COOL THAT'S YOUR OPINION -. We really don't care what people think about us/our city. It's getting sick because people always think we're arrogant (So be it). If being decisive, assertive and knowing what we want "arrogant" then oh well.

Lol @ Rose other cities putting "Stains" on NY - ROTFFFF. You really don't want me to get reckless. Where are you from anyways? Kansas? Kentucky? Are you mad because NYC doesn't even like down? Sorry.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:20 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,355,388 times
What other cities have something that NYC does not have?

Lot's and lot's of people that don't believe that where they live somehow boosts up their self-worth and their standing in the world.

Get the hell over yourselves, it's grown way beyond embarrassing for all of you at this point.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:20 PM

To

Student leather

uh no actually I am from Michigan. In if people are going to bash on nyc maybe they have a right to and maybe have legit points to do so if you read my post I have been there twice and it was horrible and I think alot of the others on here are trying to make you new Yorkers understand that.

In like I said just for posting some pics does not mean other cities have not covered up nyc in terms of tourism and many more things to do. I think what is happening here is all of these negative post you new Yorkers including yourself are reading which states negative stuff about the city that are all true and it is now making you mad but we all as Americans have are own oppinions. In I am not the only one posting on this thread we are not going anywhere that is the beauty of city data you want to keep posting stuff new York has and to be proud of it we will post stuff right back that new York does not have and if you think we are trying to turn it into a joke thane you must not know the reality of the world it has changed a lot my friend.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud17 View Post
To

Student leather

uh no actually I am from Michigan. In if people are going to bash on nyc maybe they have a right to and maybe have legit points to do so if you read my post I have been there twice and it was horrible and I think alot of the others on here are trying to make you new Yorkers understand that.

In like I said just for posting some pics does not mean other cities have not covered up nyc in terms of tourism and many more things to do. I think what is happening here is all of these negative post you new Yorkers including yourself are reading which states negative stuff about the city that are all true and it is now making you mad but we all as Americans have are own oppinions. In I am not the only one posting on this thread we are not going anywhere that is the beauty of city data you want to keep posting stuff new York has and to be proud of it we will post stuff right back that new York does not have and if you think we are trying to turn it into a joke thane you must not know the reality of the world it has changed a lot my friend.
You're proving MY point YOUR OPINION DOES NOT MATTER. Can you read? That's my point I don't care if you've came here 100 times (I know you said twice); You don't like New York and THAT'S FINE!! . . . What's next? You're just going to keep posting about a place you don't like? Lmfao you're lame. Go find a hobby and stay out of New York you bitter little person.

If I "bashed" Michigan does that mean you'll stop liking your home? NO - That'll be my opinion. Same goes for people who don't like NY cool. But that still doesn't change anything.

And if some of you can't tell I'm being an ass when I say things like "Little person" or "Your little small town" I'm feeding into the stereotype of our NYC ego - - - It's quite fun. =) You people are so soft!

Some wouldn't last. . . .

Old 12-16-2010, 08:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post
Some of you really need to jump off. Seriously, every time I'm in a City to City thread people always love to bring up NYC. Go play in traffic.

You don't like it here GREAT - You think it's wack- GOOD - Your opinion holds no weight.

Rose you love NYC (C'mon you know you do! =) and I already told myself you have a condition and I'll pray for you. Every time you post something you try to smash NY but it doesn't work. "All I'm saying is it's other cities that better" COOL THAT'S YOUR OPINION -. We really don't care what people think about us/our city. It's getting sick because people always think we're arrogant (So be it). If being decisive, assertive and knowing what we want "arrogant" then oh well.

Lol @ Rose other cities putting "Stains" on NY - ROTFFFF. You really don't want me to get reckless. Where are you from anyways? Kansas? Kentucky? Are you mad because NYC doesn't even like down? Sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post
You're proving MY point YOUR OPINION DOES NOT MATTER. Can you read? That's my point I don't care if you've came here 100 times (I know you said twice); You don't like New York and THAT'S FINE!! . . . What's next? You're just going to keep posting about a place you don't like? Lmfao you're lame. Go find a hobby and stay out of New York you bitter little person.

If I "bashed" Michigan does that mean you'll stop liking your home? NO - That'll be my opinion. Same goes for people who don't like NY cool. But that still doesn't change anything.

And if some of you can't tell I'm being an ass when I say things like "Little person" or "Your little small town" I'm feeding into the stereotype of our NYC ego - - - It's quite fun. =) You people are so soft!

Some wouldn't last. . . .

Another C U N T he heard from...

Who the f are you? Some giddy little crackwhore turned out from her mommas house on Long Island? Why don't you go play in traffic? Your opinions mean absolutely zero although you seem to think you are some kind of a star.

You can't even refute the many true points that many others have made in this thread.

Go back to being a brownstain run down the crack of your mommas ass... it would be an improvement over the current version

Old 12-16-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildonesays... View Post
Another C U N T he heard from...

Who the f are you? Some giddy little crackwhore turned out from her mommas house on Long Island? Why don't you go play in traffic? Your opinions mean absolutely zero although you seem to think you are some kind of a star.

You can't even refute the many true points that many others have made in this thread.

Go back to being a brownstain run down the crack of your mommas ass... it would be an improvement over the current version
How can I disagree with someone's opinion? Lol What "true points" can anyone tell me about my home? It's you guys silly opinion and I don't care if The President didn't like NYC I DON'T CARE. You silly little troll.

Anyhow Thank you so much for creating an account just to attempt to make me angry!!! Do you think I'm effected but you're little insults? - Please next time try and actually make me feel less of a person. And make me feel like I have no value to my life - You insignificant creature.

You're so new at internet bashing. Try again. 1,2,3. . . . GO!

To

Studdedtleather

ok so then I guess you proved my point as well for the fact of why so many people on here are trying to get it into you new Yorkers thick brains that the world according to many surveys and stuff all over polls and going to other cities and meeting people which I still think you have never done. You will find out that is why not only me but so many people come on these threads to compare new York with other cities.

Even if not comparing we are making a point that new York is not number one city and this thread is about not it being number one city but what other cities have way more to which to many to name do. You can call us soft and think what ever you want that is more of a stereotype than anything you should be much more educated than that to talk about people you don’t even know now that is lame right there with hundreds of people on city data who would agree.

were not trying to change new York or like you said it does not change anything how much comparisons we do or what we say in our own opinions. We as people have way more important things to do in our lives than try and change a city.

Although little bitter person was good that was a good insult. Although I really do not care if you bash Michigan to be honest see unlike you new Yorkers and the world over I don’t know if you have noticed we seem to let things go that are the way they are you new Yorkers on the other hand cannot do that because you guys more or less cannot except the fact of how your city is sinking every year in terms of why people don’t go there or visit new York and have fun in other cites around the world and the united states.

You like new York and have this addiction to it wow so what millions of Americans don’t like it and some of theme if not alot of theme on here have stated why and proven good accurate points as to why the city is falling behind the rest of the world in terms of tourism. To me it is so hilarious it has gotten to this I am getting ready to go to san Francisco in four months with two buddies of mine since I have been there already and enjoyed it much more than new York I am so excited I can barely sleep. Point is people on these post are trying to get that across to you new Yorkers people would rather go to other cities now days and have much more fun.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Last edited by rosebud17; 12-16-2010 at 09:19 PM..

13,809 posts, read 26,546,133 times
I think this thread is starting to outlive whatever usefulness it may have had.

Most I think do at least tacitly agree that there is "something" another city has that NYC does not have. I don't think anyone is really disputing examples like Mountains, Downhill Skiing, Waffle House, Dillard's, A Woman Mayor, Colleges or Universities of several Christian denominations (AME Church, Seventh-Day Adventist, Mennonite, Assembly of God, Disciples of Christ, United Church of Christ), and drive-in theaters.

So most of the discussion seems to inevitably become about the value of NYC, and what it does have, often in a subjective way. Like whether it's the best city or a bad city or whether we envy or despise it. Worse it leads, even with me at times, to insulting people or hurt feelings.

1,092 posts, read 2,171,569 times
I appreciate New Yorkers for liking their own city and fighting for it. That's great. We'll all fight for our hometowns. In case of Phoenix, I'm shocked that when I went ranting on their dead downtown, no one in Phoenix stood up for their city. It seems that they all given up Phoenix, Arizona for dead, no self-esteam or pride once so ever. If I put down New York City, Seattle and Philadelphia because I'm brutally honest, they'll defend their cities vigorously. So, kudos to New York, Philly and Seattle. They really care about their cities, and I commend them for that. They get my respect even though I sometimes smash those cities over times or being very critical. As for Phoenix, Miami and LA, they're left for dead because they don't give a f#* about their cities. Like I said, I like the people of New York! There are some good things about New York and bad things about New York, but that's fine. All cities have good, bad and the ugly. People like New York for its energy, history, buildings and culture, and that's fine. Does New York have everything other cities have? HELL NOOOOO!!!!!!! That's absurd, but it's ok because New York also has what other cities don't have which is the Statute of Liberty and Empire State building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City