Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2010, 01:49 PM

27,567 posts, read 28,665,617 times

Advertisements

Isn't it fascinating how almost all the huge Asian cities look like their trying to mimic New York City in some way?

Talk about influence!

Old 12-18-2010, 01:50 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,700,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
But New York City IS the best city in the world. What's so debatable about this? :-)
That is what I am saying but we got so many haters on here. Deep down they know NYC is the best city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by durf View Post
New York City has bad weather, it's very dirty, lots of crime, no natural scenery, very ugly and bland. Alot of people move there and leave there, too. The buildings are bland, skinny with no feature, and plain boxy. What about the rest of the ugly and boring buildings? This city is a shame, and I'm not a hater. I tell as it is. It is what it is.
If NYC is garbage then why the biggest model agencies are here? Why NYC comes out in almost every american movie? Answer that.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:16 PM

818 posts, read 1,388,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
On the other hand, you come across as the biggest example of a mindless homer imaginable. Get a clue.
Why are you insulting him for loving his city? You have the same feelings towards your city you know, I've been told they call you "Captain Atlanta" because you come to Atlanta's rescue against bashers like some superhero or something like that. I always see people from Atlanta take pride in being the NYC of the South. When you insult NYC, you're insulting yourself first, look at your city and what it takes pride in.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:21 PM

96 posts, read 192,940 times
Man i worry about the sake of others on here since i am done. I cant believe this thread is over a 106 pages long with just trash talk on both sides when it started for things new york does not have. How can we be bashers when we name something new york does not have which acttracts more millions each year let alone new york but we always end up being bashers because it spreads some how.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:26 PM

lets think pleasant thoughts everyone.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Past View Post
Why are you insulting him for loving his city? You have the same feelings towards your city you know, I've been told they call you "Captain Atlanta" because you come to Atlanta's rescue against bashers like some superhero or something like that. I always see people from Atlanta take pride in being the NYC of the South. When you insult NYC, you're insulting yourself first, look at your city and what it takes pride in.
Don't worry.. he is a fan of mine. He attempts to insult me in every thread... I don't mind really.. It shows that NYC got a lot of haters because NYC is the best city.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud17 View Post
lets think pleasant thoughts everyone.
Pleasant thoughts? Well please start with yourself first because you said nasty things already..

Old 12-18-2010, 02:52 PM

I did not say nasty things i just admitted the truth of what makes up our country now days in what other cities have to offer. Ok i dont see how that is nasty huh i wonder how that could even be considered nasty when city data threads are all more or less the same way.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:55 PM

But think what you want i have made it very clear you dont offend me. In trust me i am not backing down i just have more important things to do in my life thene sit and type on city data all day posting things about a city which you think might be negative but are stone cold facts.

Old 12-18-2010, 04:15 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,841,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
That is what I am saying but we got so many haters on here. Deep down they know NYC is the best city.

If NYC is garbage then why the biggest model agencies are here? Why NYC comes out in almost every american movie? Answer that.

I have a question for you. IF someone feels NYC is not the best place based on the things they look for in a city, Then why is it so hard for you NYC to just accept that instead of shoving down peoples throats that NYC is #1.. When are you guys going to get a clue that Everyone doesnt think NYC is the greatest. When are you going to realize you cant change they way people feel..

I have found other countries to be alot more interesting Culturally than NYC. I may feel NYC is dull based of my opinions and experiences. NOT EVERYONE IS GOING TO THINK NYC IS TOP DESTINATION..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.