Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2010, 12:27 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,655,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Well, of course not.

That's why all the flights to Florida are PACKED in January. People need their "fix" by then.

Flights to NY are packed more during the year than going to Florida. You're talking to someone who flies to/from NY and Florida about 5 times a year.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:40 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,357,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Flights to NY are packed more during the year than going to Florida. You're talking to someone who flies to/from NY and Florida about 5 times a year.
Sorry, but you need more proof for this ridiculous claim than the simple fact that you fly back and forth a few times a year.

Try getting a last minute seat from New York to any Florida city in the middle of winter. Unless you are willing to pay TOP dollar, you can't.

There is a reason that every single airline serving Florida BEEFS UP their winter schedules - the mass exodus happens every year.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but you need more proof for this ridiculous claim than the simple fact that you fly back and forth a few times a year.

Try getting a last minute seat from New York to any Florida city in the middle of winter. Unless you are willing to pay TOP dollar, you can't.

There is a reason that every single airline serving Florida BEEFS UP their winter schedules - the mass exodus happens every year.

Exactly the same reason why it's so expensive to fly to NYC also during the Christmas season. It's MORE expensive flying to NY in the winter actually. I think flying to/from 5 times a year is enough experience to know how it works by now.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Exactly the same reason why it's so expensive to fly to NYC also during the Christmas season. It's MORE expensive flying to NY in the winter actually. I think flying to/from 5 times a year is enough experience to know how it works by now.
Guess again. You have no idea at all of what you are talking about. You are also talking to someone IN the travel industry.

You could not be more wrong on this. You need to provide proof of what you are claiming, and there is no way to do so. The facts are the opposite of what you say they are.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Guess again. You have no idea at all of what you are talking about. You are also talking to someone IN the travel industry.

You could not be more wrong on this. You need to provide proof of what you are claiming, and there is no way to do so. The facts are the opposite of what you say they are.

I've been reading CD while I was gone, and I noticed you mentioned you lost your job. So you really haven't been in the travel industry for a while now.

I fly twice in the wintertime to NY since I moved here. Sorry to say it's always much more to fly to NY because of the high demand of spending the holidays in NY (the most popular place to go during Christmas-time, everyone knows this).

Old 07-26-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Talk to me when you're actually currently working in the travel industry, which you aren't since you lost your job.

I fly twice in the wintertime to NY since I moved here. Sorry to say it's always much more to fly to NY because of the high demand of spending the holidays in NY (the most popular place to go during Christmas-time, everyone knows this).
How nice that when challenged and proven wrong, the insults and lies start - as always. How mature.

I'll let you have the last word, Rachael. You've already derailed the thread enough, and we all know you MUST have the last word. Otherwise, you'll see to that it gets locked - just like you always do.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:09 PM

NYC doesn't have as much nature as other cities do, but at least it has the Poconos that are close by. Other than that, NYC has more things to offer than most cities, which is why many aspire to live in NYC.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:19 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,635,632 times
Quote:
I think many NYers are thankful there aren't palms and brutal humidity.

And about the giant cockroaches--my daughter and I went to the local waterpark here in Naples last week when she was visiting. She kept noticing roaches in the water and on the pavement in the park. I told her the roaches here are worse, because they FLY too.
I was working on an apartment in Harlem once and we had to take a kitchen cabinet off the wall.

When we took the cabinet off the wall was black until the light hit it, then they scattered.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:20 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,170,272 times
as much nature.
clean streets

Old 07-26-2010, 05:21 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,635,632 times
Quote:
NYC doesn't have as much nature as other cities do, but at least it has the Poconos that are close by. Other than that, NYC has more things to offer than most cities, which is why many aspire to live in NYC.
Is that why if you take out births and deaths the population in NYC would go down every year?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City