Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2010, 09:27 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times

Advertisements

Rachael/TANaples- I think you should see this. You know actual facts and not some BS story.

Map: Where Americans Are Moving - Forbes.com

Have a nice day

Old 07-28-2010, 09:28 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,655,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybalboa87 View Post
NYC does not have warm winters, desert landscape or mountains ( among many other things) to answer the question

And other cities are not on NY's level, that's why they move here. Leave General US, and other members on C-D (and people anywhere else) will say that other cities just do not come close. There's a reason why people dream to live in NYC and spend many years of their lives trying to move here. You don't get that with a city like Dallas or Atlanta. You only hear this from southerners on C-D.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Danny Scraper View Post
Rachael/TANaples- I think you should see this. You know actual facts and not some BS story.

Map: Where Americans Are Moving - Forbes.com

Have a nice day

This is about NYC, not NYS.

http://gardenandgun.com/article/southern-invasion-nyc

Old 07-28-2010, 09:33 AM

12 posts, read 9,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
And other cities are not on NY's level, that's why they move here. Leave General US, and other members on C-D (and people anywhere else) will say that other cities just do not come close. There's a reason why people dream to live in NYC and spend many years of their lives trying to move here. You don't get that with a city like Dallas or Atlanta. You only hear this from southerners on C-D.

Keep on thinking that when others are laughing...

It isn't that hard to afford to live in NYC. After all, most people living there are middle class as far as salary goes. Since this is the the case, everyone should be moving there since it is, as you and the 4 others have pointed out, the "Mecca" of the universe rather that the opposite

Hint: Stop starting arguments that you know you are not prepared for intellectually... ok Rachael?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Danny Scraper View Post
No you turned this into another one of your BS melodramas. NYC is a great city, but you ruin it by posting your BS stories.

Enough with it. Stick to the damn facts. I hate dealing with people like you, you make public school systems in our country look retarded because you make a claim and do not back it up.

Have a good day.

I edited my post with a link.

Anyway, I lived in NYC for almost my entire LIFE. Everyone I have met is good enough backup to who is moving in here.

7,731 posts, read 14,357,654 times
Quote:
Pure BS. Click on the map that Awesome Danny Scraper provided for proof. The metro NY area appears to be making a beeline for those very cities.

More denial, but what else is new?

Old 07-28-2010, 09:34 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times
Quote:
I edited my post with a link.

Anyway, I lived in NYC for almost my entire LIFE. Everyone I have met is good enough backup to who is moving in here.
Congratulations professor, why don't you accept a job at Columbia University now to teach urban planning and migration patterns. You surely seem ready for it.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:35 AM

[quote=rockybalboa87;15233470]
It isn't that hard to afford to live in NYC.quote]

This is the post of the year. This is HILARIOUS.

So I guess most people can afford $3000 a month rents? What about spending $800 a month to park your car?

The general rule in NYC is that your income should be 40x your rent. So, in your logic, most people in the country make $120,000 a year, ROFL.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:37 AM

12 posts, read 9,804 times
[quote=TANaples;15233511]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybalboa87 View Post
It isn't that hard to afford to live in NYC.quote]

This is the post of the year. This is HILARIOUS.

So I guess most people can afford $3000 a month rents? What about spending $800 a month to park your car?

The general rule in NYC is that your income should be 40x your rent. So, in your logic, most people in the country make $120,000 a year, ROFL.

Obviously, YOU can afford to live in the area as a "teacher" (as you claim to be). Middle class pay. I can certainly afford to live there, but have no desire to. Many people poutside your ignorant little bubble in Levittown feel that way... Travel a little

Old 07-28-2010, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Pure BS. Click on the map that Awesome Danny Scraper provided for proof. The metro NY area appears to be making a beeline for those very cities.

More denial, but what else is new?

Ok, I posted my own article as proof. How would you know what migration is like in this city when you never lived here? That's just like me saying I know everything about Atlanta based on one website. You would call me out on the same thing. Pot, meet kettle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City