Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2010, 12:41 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,654,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
In your opinion. You said "I mean how many cities can say they do that regularly?" I provided proof that we do it too. Of course you feel the need to downplay our version, now claiming nothing is as beautiful as sitting under the Brooklyn Bridge.

I would MUCH rather sit in the beautiful meadow at Piedmont Park, with the Midtown skyline right in front of you.

Well, with all the tourists I've seen at this movie night in that park, they talk about how beautiful it is. I'm sure thousands of others would prefer to sit under the Brooklyn bridge, along the river, than in a boring park in Atlanta.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:47 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,032,687 times
You guys got ice cream places near a riverwalk somewhere? If you do, then hell yeah I know where I'm spending the bulk amount of my time the next time I am in New York City. I'll be in New York City in just a few days. Seeing everything from New York City all the way down to Miami with a few friends. Anyone got recommendations?

Old 07-29-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Danny View Post
You guys got ice cream places near a riverwalk somewhere? If you do, then hell yeah I know where I'm spending the bulk amount of my time the next time I am in New York City. I'll be in New York City in just a few days. Seeing everything from New York City all the way down to Miami with a few friends. Anyone got recommendations?

Go to the other boroughs besides Manhattan if you haven't yet. Look up the events happening in the outer-boroughs and see if anything interests you. Have fun My husband & I are driving up tomorrow to NY to visit my daughters for a week.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:53 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,399,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cann View Post
That's neat and all, and if you read my previous posts, maybe you wouldnt come off as sounding so salty. Why do you get all defensive? If all that stuff exsists in NYC, prove it baby. I didn't have any problem giving examples of what my city has in terms of Natural beauty. Do you people from NYC not know how your city is portrayed in media? If you're not from NYC or have never been, don't you realize that i have no clue about what NYC has to offer? So show it! I've seen Midtown pictures, I've seen the skyline shots and the urban neighborhoods. Show off that natural beauty then.

And it's not a VERSUS thread, you weirdos keep getting all insecure and start attacking my city. Weird insecurity issues among east coasters or something. "Oh shoot, people are starting to think that NYC isn't the best, let's attack them!"

And what's the deal with the time distance? The fact of the matter is, is that you can SEE it from Tokyo. Something cool to see. A focal point. Just like SLC, LA and Hong Kong and Sau Paulo, nice mountainous backdrops....Doesn't matter if it takes 5 seconds or 5 hours to get to them, the fact is that you can see it.

the natural beauty was showed by like 3 posters in less then like 2 hours yesterday or early morning. so eek really doesn't have to do much , when Russian has posted the natural beauty pics for all of us to see.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:54 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,355,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Well, with all the tourists I've seen at this movie night in that park, they talk about how beautiful it is. I'm sure thousands of others would prefer to sit under the Brooklyn bridge, along the river, than in a boring park in Atlanta.
So now you feel the need to downgrade one of the most historic parks in the U.S., the site of the 1895 Worlds Fair, as "boring."

SO predictable, and SO provincial - but yet sad, at the same time.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Go to the other boroughs besides Manhattan if you haven't yet. Look up the events happening in the outer-boroughs and see if anything interests you. Have fun My husband & I are driving up tomorrow to NY to visit my daughters for a week.
I really do need to see Brooklyn this time. The last 3 times were all about Manhattan and a trip to Long Island where my uncle is.

I haven't seen anything besides Manhattan at all and Queens. I want to see Staten Island Zoo, and every other Zoo in New York City. Any aquarium, and definitely already researched the food options.

Looks like Thai & Mongolian are going to be the theme for my trip there!

Old 07-29-2010, 12:57 PM

648 posts, read 1,617,757 times
Quote:
We have something like that around the Brighton Beach and Coney Island area, it is more of a boardwalk though not a riverwalk but you get ocean views. I grew up in Brighton Beach it is a Russian neighborhood if you want to try some Russian places there. It may not be a place you want to spend all day in unless you go to Coney Island.

South Street Seaport must have some ice cream places and definitely around Williamsburg under the Brooklyn Bridge.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
I really do need to see Brooklyn this time. The last 3 times were all about Manhattan and a trip to Long Island where my uncle is.

I haven't seen anything besides Manhattan at all and Queens. I want to see Staten Island Zoo, and every other Zoo in New York City. Any aquarium, and definitely already researched the food options.

Looks like Thai & Mongolian are going to be the theme for my trip there!

I recommend you eat at Grimaldis pizzeria just over the Brooklyn bridge. Walk over the bridge from the city, and stop at Grimaldis towards the end of it. Don't forget to walk around Brooklyn Heights area to see all the beautiful brownstones.

Also, take the train that goes over the Manhattan bridge. It's a really nice view. I think it's the Q train, but make sure it's not another train.

There's also Coney island of course, definitely worth seeing. Stop at the Original Nathans. I think the hot dogs there are way better than the rest of the Nathans chains around the country. There's also an aquarium over there.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianIvanov View Post
We have something like that around the Brighton Beach and Coney Island area, it is more of a boardwalk though not a riverwalk but you get ocean views. I grew up in Brighton Beach it is a Russian neighborhood if you want to try some Russian places there. It may not be a place you want to spend all day in unless you go to Coney Island.

South Street Seaport must have some ice cream places and definitely around Williamsburg under the Brooklyn Bridge.
Thank you. I do want to try some Russian food out (never had it before), and want to see as much as possible there. I actually want to keep this trip outside of Manhattan this time for the most part so I see the rest of the city.

I have heard good reviews about a restaurant called Mari Vanna. It is something I look forward to trying out this time around.

Seems like it's set- definitely have to see Brooklyn Bridge & I've heard a lot about Coney Island, just never saw it before. So it's definitely something I'm going to see this time around.

Quote:
I recommend you eat at Grimaldis pizzeria just over the Brooklyn bridge. Walk over the bridge from the city, and stop at Grimaldis towards the end of it. Don't forget to walk around Brooklyn Heights area to see all the beautiful brownstones.

Also, take the train that goes over the Manhattan bridge. It's a really nice view. I think it's the Q train, but make sure it's not another train.

There's also Coney island of course, definitely worth seeing. Stop at the Original Nathans. I think the hot dogs there are way better than the rest of the Nathans chains around the country. There's also an aquarium over there.
Thank you, 2 summers ago my friend and I didn't get off at the right stop and ended up in some shady area. Also same thing had happened again with the two of us last year in South Bay area of San Diego... It's definitely something we're ready for this time!

Thank you for the suggestions, seems like I'm set that's 2 for 2 recommendations for Coney Island, Brooklyn Heights, & Brighton Beach.

Thank you both.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:57 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,088,271 times
The bronx zoo is a must see. Its the nations biggest metropolitan zoo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City