Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2010, 08:00 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,849,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC90 View Post
You weren't addressed but the poster said nothing about skybridge NETWORKS. If he meant networks, then perhaps he should clarify his vague statements
How should he clarify it? With maybe a map of the entire skyway layout and how it connects downtown? Oh wait he Did add that. Kind of clear to everyone else who read it (well at least those outside of the NYC area). Here is his post again so you can go back and look at the map and realize what a homer you look like now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cann View Post
NYC doesn't have skyways like Minneapolis, the creator of the skyway

Old 08-31-2010, 08:06 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,732,677 times
whatever. that stuff is over. somebody already mentioned skywalks awhile back and was disproven by me before kid cann mentioned them like a month and a half later or so.

next.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:29 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,361,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
whatever. that stuff is over. somebody already mentioned skywalks awhile back and was disproven by me before kid cann mentioned them like a month and a half later or so.

next.
Not really. The bottom line is that no other American city has anything even remotely similar in its scope and connectivity, including New York. This network functions as the Main STREETS of MPS during the coldest months. Hundreds of thousands of people course through this network daily, across many miles. Take a look at the map again.

You guys simply need to realize that there are certain things outside of NY that you can't duplicate, or even have a legitimate example of. There are small towns & medium sized cities all across the country with random skywalks.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:34 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,180 times
The largest military in the country.

it's where I live hahaha

Old 09-01-2010, 10:03 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,732,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Not really. The bottom line is that no other American city has anything even remotely similar in its scope and connectivity, including New York. This network functions as the Main STREETS of MPS during the coldest months. Hundreds of thousands of people course through this network daily, across many miles. Take a look at the map again.

You guys simply need to realize that there are certain things outside of NY that you can't duplicate, or even have a legitimate example of. There are small towns & medium sized cities all across the country with random skywalks.
who here from ny doesn't realize that the skywalk network in ny is non existent?

who here from ny believes that we have as many skywalks as minneapolis?

oh ok then. i dont remember anybody from ny saying that we had the quantity of skywalks that minneapolis has.

i also don't remember anybody from ny trying to say that they are used in the same way as skywalks in minneapolis.

what part of the above don't you understand? it wasn't about all that. it wasn't about the functionality and the quantity it was about does ny have skywalks and the answer to that question was yes.

thats what it was about a month and a half ago and thats what it was about when that other guy asked about them a month and a half later. for some reason, a month and a half ago, the answer yes, followed by proof with pictures was a good enough of an answer for the person that asked. now, a month and a half later, ny having skywalks isn't a good enough answer for ppl that didnt even ask the damn question.

i'm done with this whole thing about skywalks now. this **** is turning into the white castle bs that you argued with other ppl from ny. its nowhere near as serious as you make it out to be. you're making something out of absolutely nothing.

again, i'm done. thats the last thing i'ma say about a damn skywalk/skyway/traverse/skypath/luke skywalker or whatever else.

Old 09-01-2010, 10:24 AM

2 posts, read 2,468 times
NYC dosen't have beaches or clean water for that matter. NYC dosen't have regular family houses for people to live in. NYC dosen't have serene landscape and environments. NYC dosen't have enough space or air to breathe around you. That's all I can think of.

Old 09-01-2010, 10:41 AM

2,106 posts, read 6,630,851 times
Quote:
^i've already provided pics of that in nyc. we have a few in manhattan. the official name for them are traverses.

check back a few pages. anyway, an example of nature in ny again:

YouTube - Raccoon attempts break in...Park Slope Brooklyn

Do you REALLY consider that nature? LMAO!

Old 09-01-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
i'm done with this whole thing about skywalks now. this **** is turning into the white castle bs that you argued with other ppl from ny. its nowhere near as serious as you make it out to be. you're making something out of absolutely nothing.
What a selective memory. If you go back to that White Castle thread, you will notice I did nothing more than expose a boatload of lies that were posted.

The whole problem here is that you have an extremely hard time dealing with the fact that a city outside of New York has something very cool that NY really can't duplicate. And it shows.

Old 09-01-2010, 10:57 AM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,865 times
I dont get it. NYC has skywalks now moe along to something else it supposedly doesnt have

Old 09-01-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
I dont get it. NYC has skywalks now moe along to something else it supposedly doesnt have
Go back and check out post #728. Perhaps that will help you to understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City