Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2010, 10:26 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,357,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
I have travel to many cities out of USA and no city can compare to NYC.
I am so glad you have traveled to other cities outside of NYC and the Hampton Roads area, (and San Juan & Ponce don't count), but I really don't believe you.

Your many posts over the past few years pretty much prove this, beyond an even casual observers view.

Tell you what - once you have REALLY experienced the rest of the world, get back to the rest of us on how fabulous NYC really is in every single freaking category that exists, kay?

Old 12-15-2010, 10:30 PM

151 posts, read 300,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libohove90 View Post
Well I can only compare Manhattan with Downtown Chicago (South Loop, Loop, Mag Mile/River North, Gold Coast).

DT Chicago has a far more relaxing atmosphere, which I cannot really find in Manhattan. It's much cleaner, more manageable, and honestly, more livable. Those qualities I cannot really say Manhattan has. However, Manhattan offers more of everything.
...... Chicago, more liveable?

The same Chicago that has posted years of population decline?

Last edited by Yankee.; 12-15-2010 at 10:57 PM..

Old 12-15-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
mild winters, dry heat, dry summers, clean air, ocean u can surf in, amusement parks, in n out burger (lol@ five guys.), nyc based innovative companies like google and apple, samoans lol. etc etcetc

In n out? That's the poor mans Shake Shack. Yuck.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:37 PM

96 posts, read 192,797 times
To

Prelude91

Everything you commented on giving the fact that I have been to just about all of those places I mentioned besides Atlanta sais nothing in terms of how you come at it like I am not from Chicago but when I was 18 to 20 I lived there and I can first hand say with the pride Chicagoans have in there city everything on Michigan avenue is no different than the big department stores on any big shopping avenue in any city sorry to disappoint you but you are wrong I was just in san Francisco last year and everything there was a carbon copy of Macys and many other clothing stores irronically the same kinds of stores you would find in any city surrounded by buildings to shop.

Oh yeah and second it is funny you yourself just because you are from Chicago don’t find millennium park to be much nicer than central park well even if you are not from Chicago like myself and about fifty other of my friends and even friends I met when I was there who were from there and lived in chicago and still do all share a totally different point of view on that and some of theme had even been to new york and yes even central park. In also the Washington dc zoo to many people if you were to check up on it and really do some research would find out it is very unique alot better than I can say for the new York zoos hell Chicago’s is better to me and also you will find travel guides stating the obvious look it up if you don’t believe me.

Also I was at merchandise mart last summer I went twice on my trip to Chicago for how big it was im serious in no matter what you say it still brings in thousands and millions of tourist each year and all of theme I could over here when I was there how extravagant it was and how everything looked so amazing now since you worked there you might have heard some of that to but you just do not remember that.

In also you need to read and follow what people write I never said san Francisco had the largest Chinatown I said it was the second largest Chinatown in the united states after new yorks. Trust me it is a travel guide fact.

Oh yeah and if you don’t think Disney world and sea world are not in Orlando along with universal studios then someone is pulling your leg giving you bad info I just new some people friends of mine who just went there and first hand told me they had to book the hotel in Orlando since it was all right near those three tourist attractions and adding everything they saw was in Orlando. In even travel guide magazines will say it is there It has always been there in plus I was just there with my family not less than four years ago.

In if you want to call Washington dc's zoo over rated go ahead the truth still remains you have families along with regular people who go there back to back summers compared to new York to see any kind of wild life atleast out of like a hundred people I know that is and thane friends of there’s I have met at parties and stuff have all stated the zoo in dc kicks major ass over any zoo in new York.

In Boston ok well you win there I have never been there never had a real reason to go but I can tell you think what ever you want about it all let you have that one no harm done.

Thats pretty cool your from Chicago I am moving there next year and just on my own behalf merchandise mart is one of the most extrordinary places in the united states but that is just me and when you go back there listen very carefully to what tourist say about it I for one was shocked and even Michigan avenue when I was there it had some great stores even though there boarders books is closing they still had much to offer and for also the friends I was with the only thing in my oppinion new York has over these other cities in terms of shopping Is there shopping districts are not spread out and as big so what that does not say a whole lot for a city in terms of tourism like I stated in one of my earlier post alot of tourist don’t go to cities to do any shopping or any place to do any shopping in if they do they might not be going to those certain stores and i think alot of americans agree on that one.

[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Last edited by rosebud17; 12-15-2010 at 11:46 PM..

Old 12-15-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldlyman View Post
Defensive are we? Can't find some good Viet cafes in NYC and all of a sudden:

"nyc food offering>houston"

So how about quality of life since we can get on a tangent:

Houston Quality of Life>NYC

Oh, by the way, no one disputes NY's food offerings (if its residents can afford them)...but Houston is still top 5 or 6 in the USA. NYC food critic John Mariani usually has Houston somewhere there.

Quality of life? I don't think NYC even makes top 20.

Kiplinger.com

N.Y.C. so costly you need to earn six figures to make middle class

Quality of life to whom?

Not to sound elitist, but there is a reason why New York's property prices are through the roof. The Law of Supply & Demand. The free market says New York is a far more desireable city than Houston. "Quality of Life" is NOT something that can be measured but is of opinion (people who compile those lists are all lowly paid idiot journalists anyway, so what they think is irrelevant)

And you've clearly never been to New York City if you think it has no answer for dumps like Montrose. Montrose is the poor person's Williamsburg. The "hipsters" in Montrose are bootleg Brooklynites. The stores are awful. Buffalo Exchange? American Apparel? Really?

Houston, a top 5 food city? You have got to be kidding me.

Last edited by Yankee.; 12-15-2010 at 10:53 PM..

Old 12-15-2010, 10:54 PM

96 posts, read 192,797 times
johnatl

I agree with you one hundred percent I do not think nycricanpapi has even left new York city in his whole life time that is the shame of new Yorkers they think there city is on top of the world LOL and you find out alot of the ones who are from there which I get this vibe he is have never even left there nest. I think he is getting mad because we the rest of us here on city data are trying to get him to understand there are cities out there with much more to offer and lots more fun they just do not take the time to see how the world has expanded over the past few decades.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 12-15-2010, 11:04 PM

765 posts, read 1,860,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee. View Post
...... Chicago, more liveable?

The same Chicago that has posted years of population decline?
Downtown* Chicago...not the whole city

Downtown Chicago is certainly more livable and manageable than Manhattan.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:10 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,322,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee. View Post
In n out? That's the poor mans Shake Shack. Yuck.

ok rich girl.. if in n out ever expanded to nyc there'd be riots. if shake shack came to cali, nobody would give a sht lol

Old 12-15-2010, 11:16 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,894,516 times
I can name two things Fort Worth, Texas has that NYC doesn't....

- "Big city that feels like a small town" charm
(Although, this is a bit played out.... especially when you have in mind that this city will be touching 800,000 people sooner than later)

AND

- The "True Texas/Western" image
(This is also startin' to get a little old. I mean, I'm all for image and uniqness, but most of that has to stop since because of this, it's slowing down our progress as a major U.S. City......)

Old 12-15-2010, 11:20 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,944,113 times
@ Rosebud: Universal is City of Orlando. Sea World is unincorporated OC but gets Orlando address. Disney is self governing and operates 2 municipalities Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista, Fl. All are metro Orlando.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City