Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
New Orleans 81 49.39%
Baltimore 83 50.61%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 08:11 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,961,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwduvall View Post
Not great, but slightly cleaner in 2016: https://www.google.com/maps/@39.3220...2!8i6656?hl=en
Should've went down a couple more blocks and show the amount of development that's going on around there.

https://goo.gl/maps/YNsS3SysnFz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 09:40 PM

9,680 posts, read 9,387,327 times
I would choose Baltimore because it is a nicer city. I like the culture and attractions there. I also like the scenery and proximity to D.C.

Old 04-28-2017, 08:02 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,218,353 times
Baltimore. I LOVE New Orleans, and I like a lot of aspects of Gulf South Culture, and love how unique the city is, but in terms of livability, career trajectory, location, etc., I prefer the Baltimore area more.

Old 05-01-2017, 01:18 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,375,514 times
I prefer New Orleans.

Old 01-08-2019, 08:52 AM

1 posts, read 801 times
New Orleans police chief just voted for Baltimore.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:13 AM

2,426 posts, read 2,475,555 times
This is an old Thread but Man this is a perfect matchup,,, Have to go for B-more on this one if only for location!!!

Old 01-08-2019, 09:46 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,341,528 times
Definitely a solid matchup. I love both and they are similar in many ways.

- Life style: Tie. I like the vibe of NO, but I could see it being harder to live there.
- Economy overall: Bmore
- Education: Bmore but only slightly. NO has some good universities as well, but Bmore has Johns Hopkins.
- Metropolitan Area population: Bmore for being bigger
- City Area population: Bmore for being larger
- Professional Sports: Bmore personally because I like baseball
- College Sports: Neither? But NO is a big LSU fanbase, so probably NO
- City Scape (downtown, skyline, notable buildings): NO for cityscape since I'd include on-the-ground architecture as well and nothing compares to NO
- Public Transportation: Bmore
- Major Interstates and other roads: Bmore
- Airport: Bmore
- Housing: Tie, but slight edge to NO for me personally
- Food (Ethnic food, unique food of it's own, etc..): NO because I love cajun food and I don't like crab
- Proximity to other locations: Bmore for sure
- Economy growth and diversity (Post Recession climate): Bmore I'm guessing
- Art galleries: Tie probably
- Music scene: NO
- Natural scenery: Tie
- Museums: No idea
- Parks: NO
- Shopping: No idea
- Climate (which you prefer, and why?): Bmore because I'm not good in long hot summers
- Notable companies headquartered here: No idea
- Anything else you can possibly think up and want to add: Nightlife goes to NO and better economic future goes to Bmore

I voted for NO even though Bmore wins more subjectively in almost every way. NO is just such a unique city with a unique culture unlike any other on earth. I love the vibe of the city, the housing stock, the oldness. Ever since I visited the first time, I've said I would live there if it weren't for the weather and the weird laws (I'm in law and their weird laws make it impossible to practice there). If working in either wasn't a factor, there is just something amazing about NO that can't be matched by any other city and I love it for that.

That said, I'd also be happy living in Bmore I'm sure too. I love both cities. This is a tough one.

Old 01-08-2019, 02:17 PM

4,397 posts, read 4,286,737 times
B'more

Old 01-10-2019, 01:18 PM

27 posts, read 21,082 times
Baltimore, better location and downtown.

Old 01-10-2019, 04:48 PM

256 posts, read 150,841 times
I prefer Baltimore's climate (gets colder with WAYYY higher snow potential, and most likely stays breezier), scenery, location, lifestyle...that's all I can say for sure is more appealing to me, but I imagine I'd like just about anything about Baltimore better than New Orleans. No offense to New Orleans, just not my city. I could see myself living in Baltimore if I had to.

EDIT: I like both cities' NFL teams. No preference there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City