Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you think is better?
Chicago, Illinois 197 66.78%
Miami, Florida 98 33.22%
Voters: 295. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 09:17 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,203,482 times

Advertisements

Miami. It's just more beautiful, nicer weather, the better beaches, the culture, the music, the vibe. It's just so much better IMHO than what Chicago has to offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 04:56 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
While Chicago birthed house music, Miami is a huge city for EDM and EDM is well incorporated into it's nightlife. Especially with Ultra Fest.

Old 03-23-2014, 05:44 PM

124 posts, read 238,873 times
I choose Chicago because is the most American big city in the U.S.

Old 03-23-2014, 07:37 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,402,204 times
Been to both. Chicago is a more all around city, which means a lot since I'm New Yorker.

But id be probably feel more at home in Miami since my famiy is Haitian, and a lot of them are down there. The Haitian community in Chicago is there but not really visible since they aren't concentrated.

Another reason why id choose Miami to live is because whenever I want to visit another city I always pray it's warm.

So overall I think Chicago is superior but I would live in Miami. But then again to have a good life in Miami you have to be rich or be a constant visitor.

Real floridians for the most part do not live the south beach life that they show you on TV. My experiences.

Old 03-23-2014, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
Been to both. Chicago is a more all around city, which means a lot since I'm New Yorker.

But id be probably feel more at home in Miami since my famiy is Haitian, and a lot of them are down there. The Haitian community in Chicago is there but not really visible since they aren't concentrated.

Another reason why id choose Miami to live is because whenever I want to visit another city I always pray it's warm.

So overall I think Chicago is superior but I would live in Miami. But then again to have a good life in Miami you have to be rich or be a constant visitor.

Real floridians for the most part do not live the south beach life that they show you on TV. My experiences.
Most Floridians live that rough gangsta life. It's dangerous down there.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:30 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,602,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
While Chicago birthed house music, Miami is a huge city for EDM and EDM is well incorporated into it's nightlife. Especially with Ultra Fest.
Miami's music culture popularized the classic Roland 808 drum machine and has its own genre that it "birthed" as well.(Miami Bass)

Old 03-23-2014, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
Miami's music culture popularized the classic Roland 808 drum machine and has its own genre that it "birthed" as well.(Miami Bass)
I know about Miami Bass. Some call it Booty Bass. 2 Live Crew, L'Trimm(Cars That Go Boom), etc.

Old 03-23-2014, 10:05 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,402,204 times
Quote:
Most Floridians live that rough gangsta life. It's dangerous down there.
You're being sarcastic I'm guessing?

I mostly go to west palm beach, and Miami. Just like New Yorkers I get a sense that real floridians don't spend their days in south beach similar to how New Yorkers try their best to avoid Times Square.

Won't lie when I was younger and didn't look up numbers I thought for the most part people in south Florida were mostly middle class or rich.

Until i actually went down there of coarse.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
You're being sarcastic I'm guessing?

I mostly go to west palm beach, and Miami. Just like New Yorkers I get a sense that real floridians don't spend their days in south beach similar to how New Yorkers try their best to avoid Times Square.

Won't lie when I was younger and didn't look up numbers I thought for the most part people in south Florida were mostly middle class or rich.

Until i actually went down there of coarse.
That's when you saw the ghettos of Florida, and finally realized how rough it can get. I'm not being sarcastic, Florida can get rough.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:32 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,602,221 times
Quote:
That's when you saw the ghettos of Florida, and finally realized how rough it can get. I'm not being sarcastic, Florida can get rough.
Truth. When I lived in South Florida, I got into many fights over stupid things linked to just road rage(I was young and stupid). Got my butt handed to me a couple of times. People won't hesitate to pull over on the side of the road and throw down. Also, had two people pull a gun on me within just a couple months of each other. Theres just so many hot heads down there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City